PDA

View Full Version : Military Ballots Tossed In Fairfax, VA

red states rule
10-24-2008, 04:12 AM
Lets see, Dems are out there registering dead people, felons, fictitious people, and people multipal times

Like in 2000, Dems want to try supress the military vote, and win this election any damn way they can

Military Ballots Tossed In Fairfax, VA

Oh, great:

Military ballots are being tossed in Fairfax Co, VA because of a "technicality." Not a lot of them compared to the size of the electorate, but more than a few.

The registrar of voters in a Democrat. He thinks it "stinks," but the law is the law.

Fairfax general registrar Rokey Suleman said Thursday that he has had to reject some of the ballots because of a Virginia law passed in 2002. That law -- then called Senate Bill 113, sponsored by then state Sen. Bill Bolling -- requires that when an overseas citizen wants to request an absentee ballot and cast a vote with the same paperwork, it requires not only a witness signature but also the current address of the witness.

The McCain campaign said there's not even a space for the witness to list an address. Suleman agreed; he said the federal document was changed in recent years and the space for the witness address was removed. But the Virginia law hasn't changed.

http://thepoliticalcarnival.blogspot.com/2008/10/military-ballots-tossed-in-fairfax-va.html

retiredman
10-24-2008, 07:16 AM
it would seem that your post is deceptive. the law applies to any overseas citizen applying for an absentee ballot... and regardless of that, it unfortunately IS Virginia Law. There is clearly no attempt by the registrar to exclude military ballots for any political motive. He is simply upholding the law.

red states rule
10-24-2008, 07:19 AM
it would seem that your post is deceptive. the law applies to any overseas citizen applying for an absentee ballot... and regardless of that, it unfortunately IS Virginia Law. There is clearly no attempt by the registrar to exclude military ballots for any political motive. He is simply upholding the law.

It is not deceptive

from the link

The McCain campaign said there's not even a space for the witness to list an address. Suleman agreed; he said the federal document was changed in recent years and the space for the witness address was removed. But the Virginia law hasn't changed.

It is another attempt by Dems to prevent the military vote from being counted. They know full well they will not vote for Obama

theHawk
10-24-2008, 08:08 AM
Overseas ballots are usually Military. Who the hell do you think your fooling MFM?

red states rule
10-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Overseas ballots are usually Military. Who the hell do you think your fooling MFM?

He knows he is not fooling anyone. MFM feels those "infidels" should not be allowed to vote anyway since they will not be voting for his messiah

retiredman
10-24-2008, 09:06 AM

there are a lot of Americans living abroad. I am kidding no one. The registrar was not doing anything other than what he was required to do by LAW. For RSR to paint this as a partisan attempt to illegally exclude military ballots is puure bullshit.

red states rule
10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
there are a lot of Americans living abroad. I am kidding no one. The registrar was not doing anything other than what he was required to do by LAW. For RSR to paint this as a partisan attempt to illegally exclude military ballots is puure bullshit.

Yep, the last thing you would want is to have the votes of the infidels count. Dems have a history of trying to toss out votes of the US military

What a hoot for the party of ACORN and mass voter fraud to bellow how they are following the law :laugh2:

retiredman
10-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Yep, the last thing you would want is to have the votes of the infidels count. Dems have a history of trying to toss out votes of the US military

What a hoot for the party of ACORN and mass voter fraud to bellow how they are following the law :laugh2:

the fact remains:the registrar was not trying to illegally exclude any ballots. your very own cut and paste makes that clear. Or did you perhaps not read it?

red states rule
10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
the fact remains:the registrar was not trying to illegally exclude any ballots. your very own cut and paste makes that clear. Or did you perhaps not read it?

Yea, Dems pass a law, then omit the space on the form to provide the info they are demanding

How convenient

retiredman
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Yea, Dems pass a law, then omit the space on the form to provide the info they are demanding

How convenient

you clearly can't read. A federal form changed and the state law did not change.
Federal Forms are not a legislative reponsibility. The line was omitted from the federal form by the executive branch. guess who?

Immanuel
10-24-2008, 09:23 AM
you clearly can't read. A federal form changed and the state law did not change.
Federal Forms are not a legislative reponsibility. The line was omitted from the federal form by the executive branch. guess who?

You are starting to sound like Joe Steel. You don't like the fact that others disagree with you, so you fall back on, "You can't read". When in fact it is more likely that you can't write.

Immie

retiredman
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
You are starting to sound like Joe Steel. You don't like the fact that others disagree with you, so you fall back on, "You can't read".

Immie

can YOU read????

Fairfax general registrar Rokey Suleman said Thursday that he has had to reject some of the ballots because of a Virginia law passed in 2002. That law -- then called Senate Bill 113, sponsored by then state Sen. Bill Bolling -- requires that when an overseas citizen wants to request an absentee ballot and cast a vote with the same paperwork, it requires not only a witness signature but also the current address of the witness.

there is nothing here about anyone illegally excluding military ballots. the guy is following the LAW!!!!! Get over it.

red states rule
10-24-2008, 09:26 AM

from the link

retiredman
10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
from the link

exactly. the registrar is following state law...as he is required to do!:laugh2:

Immanuel
10-24-2008, 09:27 AM
can YOU read????

there is nothing here about anyone illegally excluding military ballots. the guy is following the LAW!!!!! Get over it.

Oh, I read it and I understand it, your interpretation is correct, but you are still sounding like Joe Steel. "I don't like the fact that you don't agree with me so I'm not going to argue with you, I'm just going to say you can't read and keep repeating it over and over and over again. Whaaaaaaaa!"

Immie

red states rule
10-24-2008, 09:28 AM
exactly. the registrar is following state law...as he is required to do!:laugh2:

But the Dems never bothered to update the form so the troops could vote

Immanuel
10-24-2008, 09:40 AM

Do you have any proof that it was the Dems that were responsible for this?

I am pretty sure in Florida it is the responsibility of the Registrar of Voters to prepare the ballot and get them out to the voter. It seems that this could have been a convenient "mistake" made by the registrar, but then it could have been a simple oversight.

If it was not clearly indicated that the address of the witness was required by law, then I think that those votes should ALL be counted and future ballots should so indicate the requirement.

Immie

red states rule
10-24-2008, 09:43 AM
Do you have any proof that it was the Dems that were responsible for this?

I am pretty sure in Florida it is the responsibility of the Registrar of Voters to prepare the ballot and get them out to the voter. It seems that this could have been a convenient "mistake" made by the registrar, but then it could have been a simple oversight.

If it was not clearly indicated that the address of the witness was required by law, then I think that those votes should ALL be counted and future ballots should so indicate.

Immie

Well, the Dems changed the law, and never followed up to get the form updated. Now I know they only had about 6 years to get this done, so perhaps it is asking alot of any government agency to something like updating a form so the troops can vote without a problem

emmett
10-24-2008, 10:30 AM

95% of all overseas votes are military! Anybody knows this.

Silver
10-24-2008, 11:38 AM

The same thing that Katherine Harris did as Sec. of State in Fla. in the 2000 election, when she certified the election and refused to extend the Fla. deadline for re-counts....IT WAS THE LAW....

That Court ruled (5-4) that Gore's request to extend Florida's statutory deadline for ballot re-counts had no merit because no Florida law at the time provided for that option.

Course you bitched and whined about that in 2000....:finger3:

retiredman
10-24-2008, 01:49 PM
95% of all overseas votes are military! Anybody knows this.

what does that have to do with the registrar following the law?

I'll wait.

retiredman
10-24-2008, 01:51 PM

again... it is a disconnect between state and federal law...and I would love to see a link from you that would show that it was somehow the democrats in congress who were responsible for updating federal election forms in 2002.

Yurt
10-24-2008, 02:21 PM
dems are responsible

retiredman
10-24-2008, 02:56 PM
dems are responsible:link:

red states rule
10-25-2008, 07:31 AM
again... it is a disconnect between state and federal law...and I would love to see a link from you that would show that it was somehow the democrats in congress who were responsible for updating federal election forms in 2002.

Dems in Va changed the law, and in typical Dem fashion - they did not update the form for the troops

This is not the first time your party gave a one finger salute in the troops daces - and I know damn well it will not be the last

This is another example of Dems screwing them, and tossing their votes out becuase they vote in huge numbers for Republicans

retiredman
10-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Dems in Va changed the law, and in typical Dem fashion - they did not update the form for the troops

wrong.

from your own cut and paste:

Suleman agreed; he said the federal document was changed in recent years and the space for the witness address was removed.

red states rule
10-25-2008, 08:08 AM
wrong.

from your own cut and paste:

Suleman agreed; he said the federal document was changed in recent years and the space for the witness address was removed.

Sp why didn't the Dems in VA have the form updated - or waive the requirement for the address?

But if they did that, the military vote would count and that is what the Dems are trying to avoid doing

retiredman
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Sp why didn't the Dems in VA have the form updated - or waive the requirement for the address?

But if they did that, the military vote would count and that is what the Dems are trying to avoid doing

the dems in VA cannot change a federal form.
duh

red states rule
10-25-2008, 11:54 AM
the dems in VA cannot change a federal form.
duh

How funny they forget to get the form updated. Oh well, why would YOU want those infidels to have a say in this (or any other) election

I guess the Dems in VA have the same high opinion of the troops as you do

retiredman
10-25-2008, 12:30 PM
How funny they forget to get the form updated. Oh well, why would YOU want those infidels to have a say in this (or any other) election

I guess the Dems in VA have the same high opinion of the troops as you do

again...how are state politicians supposed to update a federal forn?

you can't be this stupid...it has to be an act.

red states rule
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
again...how are state politicians supposed to update a federal forn?

you can't be this stupid...it has to be an act.

Why should Dems care about infidels voting? You and your party have clearly shown your contempt and scorn for them

Once again, Dems are doing all they can to keep those they know who will not vote for their messiah from voting

retiredman
10-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Why should Dems care about infidels voting? You and your party have clearly shown your contempt and scorn for them

Once again, Dems are doing all they can to keep those they know who will not vote for their messiah from voting

again...please explain how state democrats are supposed to change a federal form.

I'll wait.

Sitarro
10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
what does that have to do with the registrar following the law?

I'll wait.

I would think a very large percentage of Virginia's overseas vote is coming from Navy personnel, doesn't it bother you that the guys you once cooked for are not getting their vote counted but Barry's ACORN machine will be sure to get corpses, low lifes that don't leave their porch, felons, illegal aliens(your future neighbors kin)and any other human and nonhuman refuse they can forge a signature from, a counted vote. You should be ashamed, and you call yourself a military man.

Kathianne
10-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I would think a very large percentage of Virginia's overseas vote is coming from Navy personnel, doesn't it bother you that the guys you once cooked for are not getting their vote counted but Barry's ACORN machine will be sure to get corpses, low lifes that don't leave their porch, felons, illegal aliens(your future neighbors kin)and any other human and nonhuman refuse they can forge a signature from, a counted vote. You should be ashamed, and you call yourself a military man.

Don't forget the dead goldfish in Chicago:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_el_st_lo/voter_registration_goldfish

Dead goldfish offered the vote in Illinois
By CARLA K. JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer Carla K. Johnson, Associated Press Writer Tue Oct 21, 6:03 am ET

CHICAGO – The only "agent of change" Princess ever supported was the person who freshened the water in her fishbowl.

So election officials in Chicago's northern suburbs want to know why voter registration material was sent to the dead goldfish.

"I am just stunned at the level of people compromising the integrity of the voting process," said Lake County Clerk Willard Helander, a Republican, who said she has spotted problems with nearly 1,000 voter registrations this year.

Beth Nudelman, who owned the fish, said Princess may have landed on a mailing list because the family once filled in the pet's name when they got a second phone line for a computer.

"There was no fraud involved," said Nudelman, a Democrat who supports Barack Obama. "This person is a dead fish."...

Sitarro
10-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Don't forget the dead goldfish in Chicago:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_el_st_lo/voter_registration_goldfish

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: 105 Million spent in the first two weeks of October, nearly 600 million of other's money blown on this campaign and they still need to resort to lying and cheating........ pathetic.

Kathianne
10-25-2008, 02:01 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: 105 Million spent in the first two weeks of October, nearly 600 million of other's money blown on this campaign and they still need to resort to lying and cheating........ pathetic.

Ah, but how much will they 'owe' when all is said and done? For the most part I fault McCain's campaign reform:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZGQ0MGJiNDE1MGJiYmZjYWVlMTllYjY0MTQzODZiYWM=

The charge of the fake brigade [Mark Steyn]

As readers may recall, a couple of days ago it became clear that the Obama website had intentionally disabled all the basic credit-card-processing security checks and thereby enabled multiple contributions from donors with fake names. The excuse offered in the New York Times story was that, ah, yes, the Obama gang may appear to accept contributions from "Mr Fake Donor" of "23 Fraudulent Lane", but all those phony baloney contributions are picked up by their rigorous offline checking procedures. As many Obama supporters wrote to point out, simply because you get a message saying "Thank you for contributing to the Obama landslide, Mr S Hussein of 47 Spider-Hole Gardens (basement flat), Tikrit!" is no reason to believe any real money is actually leaving real accounts.

The gentleman who started the ball rolling made four donations under the names "John Galt", "Saddam Hussein", "Osama bin Laden", and "William Ayers", all using the same credit card number. He wrote this morning to say that all four donations have been charged to his card and the money has now left his account. Again, it's worth pointing out: in order to enable the most basic card fraud of all - multiple names using a single credit card number - the Obama campaign had to manually disable all the default security checks provided by their merchant processor.

The reader adds:

Last night on Sheppard Smith’s 3pm-ET show this issue was brought up briefly and they cited the Obama campaign falsely claiming that this sort of thing happens at the McCain site and that they catch these errors later in the processing. Well, it took three days to process my donations and they all skated through their rigorous screening.

And it doesn't happen at the McCain site. This reader tried donating under "John Galt" and "Saddam Hussein" to the McCain campaign and they rejected it.

This should be Journalism 101. I'm not the guy who made Obama's fundraising a story. The media did that when they ran hundreds of puff pieces marveling at his record-breaking cash haul, and in particular the gazillions of small donors. Isn't the fact that his website has chosen to disable basic fraud protection procedures at the very least a legitimate addendum to those stories?

Oh, sorry, I was waiting for the chirping crickets. But evidently Mr C Cricket is over at Obama Central charging 20 bucks to his MasterChirp.

red states rule
10-25-2008, 05:20 PM

Of course it does not bother him. MFM could not care less about these infidels since for the most part, will vote for McCain. IF (and it is a big if) MFM did time as an officer, he probably treated the enlisted men under him with the same distain he treats most of the people here

He has no regard for people who disagree with him, and do not bow before his "greatness"

His only concern is more power for his party. So if the troops get screwed again by the Dems - so what? To MFM, the ends will always justify the means if it leads to a win for his beloved Dems

retiredman
10-25-2008, 08:39 PM

I support people following the law. I am surprised that you don't.

red states rule
10-25-2008, 09:16 PM
I support people following the law. I am surprised that you don't.

When did you leave the Democrat party?

retiredman
10-25-2008, 09:21 PM
When did you leave the Democrat party?
I never have.

red states rule
10-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I never have.

Then you sure as hell do not support the law

Only when it fits your agenda. Otherwise, screw the law - party first

retiredman
10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Then you sure as hell do not support the law

Only when it fits your agenda. Otherwise, screw the law - party first

you are the one suggesting that Virginia registars ignore the law. not me.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 07:33 AM
you are the one suggesting that Virginia registars ignore the law. not me.

Bad news for the Dems

McDonnell Opinion: Count all Absentee Military Ballots

Opinion Finds Federal Law Preempts State Law; Federal Ballots without Witness Address Are Lawful, Must be Counted

FAIRFAX - Attorney General Bob McDonnell released a formal opinion today concluding that federal absentee ballots from overseas military voters lacking the printed name and address of a witness must be counted. The opinion affirms that federal law preempts state law, thus clarifying the state and federal statutes regarding the issue. The confusion centered over whether a state law requiring a witness’s printed name and address controls federal absentee ballots or the federal law governs this issue. The opinion was requested by Delegate Bill Janis (R-Henrico).

In the formal opinion the Attorney General finds, “It is…. my opinion that the applicable provision of Virginia law, Sec. 24.2-702.1(B), interpreted to require an overseas military voter submitting only a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot to include the printed name and address of the person who signs the witness statement is preempted by the provisions of the (federal) Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Finally, it is my opinion that general registrars may not reject a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot submitted by overseas military voters for the November 4, 2008 federal election that does not include a printed name and address for the person who signs the witness statement…..”

Approximately 100 Federal Write-In Absentee Ballots have been set aside in Fairfax County pending a legal conclusion regarding the discrepancy between state and federal law. Additional Federal Write-In Absentee Ballots may also have been received in other jurisdictions. The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot is most commonly used by members of the military who are stationed overseas and have not received a state absentee ballot. It is a means by which service members can be guaranteed a vote in federal elections.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29220#continueA

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 07:38 AM
So the dems can't cheat the military on this one. They'll have to use another approach.

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Bad news for the Dems

McDonnell Opinion: Count all Absentee Military Ballots

Opinion Finds Federal Law Preempts State Law; Federal Ballots without Witness Address Are Lawful, Must be Counted

FAIRFAX - Attorney General Bob McDonnell released a formal opinion today concluding that federal absentee ballots from overseas military voters lacking the printed name and address of a witness must be counted.

Hot Damn! Here's one for the good guys!

Immie

red states rule
10-28-2008, 07:56 AM
So the dems can't cheat the military on this one. They'll have to use another approach.

Lord Obama will tell his ACORN friends to go out there and register enough dead people to offset the military votes

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Lord Obama will tell his ACORN friends to go out there and register enough dead people to offset the military votes

And vote twice as much.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
And vote twice as much.

and bring some of your friends with you to the polls