PDA

View Full Version : Reputation System

jimnyc
01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
They now display as numbers as well :)

Here are the default settings - everyone chime in and let me know what you think should be appropriate going forward...

Default Rep on registration - 10

Number of reps to display - Controls how many ratings to display in the user's control panel - 5

Admin rep power - 10

Register Date Factor - For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power - 365

Post Count Factor - For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power - 1000

Reputation Point Factor - For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power - 100

Minimum Post Count - How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 50

Minimum Reputation Count - How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit - How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit - 10

Reputation User Spread - How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? - 20

Dilloduck
01-05-2007, 04:24 PM
They now display as numbers as well :)

Here are the default settings - everyone chime in and let me know what you think should be appropriate going forward...

Number of reps to display - Controls how many ratings to display in the user's control panel - 5

Admin rep power - 10

Register Date Factor - For every X number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power - 365

Post Count Factor - For every X number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power - 1000

Reputation Point Factor - For every X points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power - 100

Minimum Post Count - How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 50

Minimum Reputation Count - How much reputation must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit - How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit - 10

Reputation User Spread - How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? - 20

User spread should be way lower IMHO

OCA
01-05-2007, 04:27 PM
User spread should be way lower IMHO

What is with your sick obsession with reputation points? Who gives a shit?

Dilloduck
01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
What is with your sick obsession with reputation points? Who gives a shit?

LOL yo buddy---My opinion is that no rep at all is better BUT---if I intend to play, that would be my suggestion.

Grumplestillskin
01-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Reckon you should be able give out 20 hits per 24 hours. Admin should not be exempt from limit. Different users you must give rep out to, down to about 5 or 10. Only have 12 members at the moment, and before the DP went belly up you only had 40 registered users, so 20 seems a bridge too far.
My 2 cents:D

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
My 2 cents.

1. Admin/mods shouldn’t be in the rep system at all.
2. The spread around at 20 is way too high.

Abbey Marie
01-06-2007, 02:14 PM
I agree about the spread around number being too high. I might make it just ten, or even 8, then revisit it when the member base grows, if needed.

Evil
01-06-2007, 02:52 PM
My 2 cents.

No worries from my end, I really don't like anyone here, nobody likes me so it kid of works itself out! :2up:

jillian
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
No worries from my end, I really don't like anyone here, nobody likes me so it kid of works itself out! :2up:

And Evil walks away singing "nobody knows the trouble I've seen..... "

:lol: :lmao: :laugh:

Dilloduck
01-06-2007, 02:57 PM

It sounds like OCA likes you a LOT ! :laugh:

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 03:13 PM

The Admin/mods should be just that IMO, not equal with members one minute then GOD the next. Humans can't deal with that midstream ID change. Seen it on the 'other' board way too many times. Thus my position, for what it's worth.

In other words...you can't be one of the 'guys' one minute, get pissed off and drop the fucking hammer the next. :)

*never saw you do it SE.*

Evil
01-06-2007, 03:21 PM
And Evil walks away singing "nobody knows the trouble I've seen..... "

:lol: :lmao: :laugh:

Boy if that ain't the truth! :D

Evil
01-06-2007, 03:23 PM
The Admin/mods should be just that IMO, not equal with members one minute then GOD the next. Humans can't deal with that midstream ID change. Seen it on the 'other' board way too many times. Thus my position, for what it's worth.

In other words...you can't be one of the 'guys' one minute, get pissed off and drop the fucking hammer the next. :)

*never saw you do it SE.*

It makes sense, so I can see what you are saying but I think anyway it's sliced the system still gets abused.

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Here is what I've changed it to thus far:

Admin rep power - 0 (which means it follows the same rules as everyone else)

Minimum Post Count - How many posts must a user have before his reputation hits count on others? - 10

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit - How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit - 20

Reputation User Spread - How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? - 3

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 03:29 PM
My 2 cents.

Spread around lowered to 3 for now. I'm hesitant to block admins/mods from enjoying the system. I think everyone should have an opportunity to give a kudos to a good post, and give a negative to those deserving.

My 'open door policy' has always extended to members and not just staff. If the system is used unfairly, I can be contacted and take corrective actions.

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Spread around lowered to 3 for now. I'm hesitant to block admins/mods from enjoying the system. I think everyone should have an opportunity to give a kudos to a good post, and give a negative to those deserving.

My 'open door policy' has always extended to members and not just staff. If the system is used unfairly, I can be contacted and take corrective actions.
I think the changes you made are fair.

BTW...FYI on the system... I have recieved rep but don't know from who and my points didn't change.

Gaffer
01-06-2007, 03:35 PM
That looks better Jim. Now I have to start mass posting to get my post numbers up again. Glad to see everything is back tho.

Evil walks away sing "Nobody like me
Everybody hates me....OOOOhhhh
poor me"

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 03:37 PM

BTW...FYI on the system... I have recieved rep but don't know from who and my points didn't change.

If you didn't get points, or a notification in your userCP abotu who left you points, then how do you know you received them? I only received one so far, and it's visible when I enter my control panel.

Lemme double check the settings

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 03:38 PM

I think I found it, let me know if you can see who left the rep now

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
I think I found it, let me know if you can see who left the rep now

Yep I see em now but point didn't change.

wait cuz their point don't rate yet..right?

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Yep I see em now but point didn't change.

wait cuz their point don't rate yet..right?

Should be working fully now :)

Dilloduck
01-06-2007, 03:42 PM
It makes sense, so I can see what you are saying but I think anyway it's sliced the system still gets abused.

:2up: How about a silly disclaimer that informs people that thier entire self worth is not reflected in green boxes ? Sorta like the warning on the side of a pack of smokes. :lmao:

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes it changed now.

Evil
01-06-2007, 03:45 PM
:2up: How about a silly disclaimer that informs people that thier entire self worth is not reflected in green boxes ? Sorta like the warning on the side of a pack of smokes. :lmao:

And like smokers the warning goes largerly ignored so I agree with your assesment. I could care lessd if I were in the negative or not, probably won't loose too much sleep over it.

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 03:46 PM

I don't care for 'green' boxes, I like the 'pink' ones better.:)

Dilloduck
01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't care for 'green' boxes, I like the 'pink' ones better.:)

Now if you have a lot of PINK boxes to play with -----you ARE a big shot and should scream bloody murder if anyone else messes with em :lmao: :lmao:

darin
01-06-2007, 04:01 PM
PLEASE can we get rid of that stupid little pop up = "You might be lucky enough to get rep, too!! "

:)

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
PLEASE can we get rid of that stupid little pop up = "You might be lucky enough to get rep, too!! "

:)

I don't remember that from prior either, then again I rarely ever repped anyone! Not sure if that can be disabled or not.

I think it's an AJAX feature. Did you notice it appears to update 'live' when you rep, and doesn't even need to refresh for the new points to appear?

darin
01-06-2007, 04:05 PM
I don't remember that from prior either, then again I rarely ever repped anyone! Not sure if that can be disabled or not.

I think it's an AJAX feature. Did you notice it appears to update 'live' when you rep, and doesn't even need to refresh for the new points to appear?

I'd trade refreshing for not having to click the stupid dialog box...but if you can't, you can't...I'll adjust...cuz that's what I do.

:D

Gaffer
01-06-2007, 04:07 PM
If my rep went down I would be crushed...simple crushed. My ego would suffer irrepairable damage and I might have to....have a cigarette and find somebody to insult. :lmao:

darin
01-06-2007, 04:07 PM
YAY! I was lucky enough to get rep! :D

Mr. P
01-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Now if you have a lot of PINK boxes to play with -----you ARE a big shot and should scream bloody murder if anyone else messes with em :lmao: :lmao:

No big shot, a pimp. :laugh:

I do shoot though..BTW, what did you think Mr. P stood for anyway?

Gaffer
01-06-2007, 04:52 PM
I've been repped for insults, what an ego boost.

Dilloduck
01-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I've been repped for insults, what an ego boost.

Get em anyway you can---it's a jungle out there !!:lmao:

jimnyc
01-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Get em anyway you can---it's a jungle out there !!:lmao:

That's how I feel about the jungle, and I'm usually just content to be noticed! LOL

I'll take some negative if I have to, I know I'm a real prick at times! :upyours:

Gaffer
01-06-2007, 05:21 PM
That's how I feel about the jungle, and I'm usually just content to be noticed! LOL

I'll take some negative if I have to, I know I'm a real prick at times! :upyours:

But I'm the Santimonious Prick. :2up: