PDA

View Full Version : What Was It Biden Was 'Warning About"?

Kathianne
10-25-2008, 01:13 PM
He's been silenced again, so he may not be able to tell us. Here's a couple ideas though:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MTBhZDlhZDQ0ODhlOGI0YTZiZWU1NDY3ZTYxZWY4MDU=

Biden’s Hint
It’s all tea leaves and chicken entrails, and none of it is pretty.

By Bill Whittle

A few days ago, Joe Biden was trotted out to make his monthly gaffe. Last time — I think it was last time; it’s hard to follow without a program — it was about how Hillary might have been a better VP candidate. This time he mentioned that a young President Obama was likely to be tested in his first six months. Anyway, that’s what he said, before being rotated back to the Cone of Silence.

So, with the clear understanding that all that follows is the reading of tea leaves and chicken entrails… What the hell was Joe Biden hinting at? What possible action would drive a President Obama’s poll numbers down into the ground?

Well, some people have argued that if Iran and Israel decide to get serious — and if an Obama administration did essentially nothing to defend our ally… how would the vast majority of American Jews — largely Democrats — take that? Could that be the poll hit that Democrats need to “gird their loins” for?

That’s depressing. Here’s something even more depressing: What if Biden is hinting that Obama would indeed get us involved militarily at Israel’s side — or anywhere else, for that matter. In other words, if Obama were to step up and do the right thing, and put America in the middle of another war — would that be what he wants to brace the base for?

Another theory: Recruitment is apparently falling off sharply within the last month or so. I have heard, anecdotally, that new recruits are waiting out the election, since most of them have no desire to serve in the kind of toothless military they see under a President Obama. Is Joe Biden warning us that Obama may need to reinstate the draft to make up for a sudden plunge in volunteers? Who knows? I wonder what the Obama Youth Vote would think if that comes to pass.

Finally, Ed Morrissey over at Hotair.com is wondering if this may all be preamble to something Barack Obama outlines in no uncertain terms in a video you can watch with your own eyes right here.

If you’re new to these intertubes, here’s the print version: He is sitting in what appears to be his senate office, and says, quite clearly, that:

“I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems. I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems. [snip] I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons. I will seek a global ban on the production of fissile material. And I will negotiate with Russia to take our ICBM’s off hair-trigger alert.”

Wow.

Gaffer
10-25-2008, 01:21 PM
And its just the tip of the iceberg with him in power. we won't be able to just muddle through.

Sitarro
10-25-2008, 01:23 PM
He was warning us to not elect Osamabama.

Kathianne
10-25-2008, 01:26 PM
And its just the tip of the iceberg with him in power. we won't be able to just muddle through.

We laugh at Biden, for good cause. Yet, Sitarro may be correct and Biden was trying to warn people.

Sitarro
10-25-2008, 01:48 PM
We laugh at Biden, for good cause. Yet, Sitarro may be correct and Biden was trying to warn people.

Yea, maybe he has finally taken a good look at his kids and is ashamed at what he has become and now he is trying to right the wrong. If that is what he is doing I support him.

Joe Steel
10-25-2008, 02:25 PM
He's been silenced again, so he may not be able to tell us. Here's a couple ideas though:

Maybe it was the same thing Lieberman mentioned last June:

"Our enemies will test the new president early," Lieberman, I-Conn., told Face The Nation host Bob Schieffer. "Remember that the truck bombing of the World Trade Center happened in the first year of the Clinton administration. 9/11 happened in the first year of the Bush administration."

Lieberman: U.S. May Be Attacked In 2009 (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/29/ftn/main4217516.shtml)

namvet
10-25-2008, 02:42 PM
the only truth he's told is Osama is unfit for command. :lol:

Binky
10-26-2008, 08:36 AM
He was warning us to not elect Osamabama.

Very possible, but the whole thing is strange to say the least. I've never heard a VP candidate say anything negative about his own running mate before. Wierd, for sure!

namvet
10-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Osama once again steps in with duc tape for Biden's big mouth. I saw him comment on TV yesterday saying Biden sometimes engages in rhetorical flourishes.

OMKsx9852AI

Osama agrees????

Biden defends 'crisis' comments
link (link)

neither one instill's confidence in the other. their both what Freud called "spooky". we are headed for a crisis. dare I say it???? Osama/Biden are both 2nd rate bush leaguer's.