PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Chicago Is The Murder Capital Of The USA

red states rule
10-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Will the messiah want to have a surge in his home town to stop the violence?

Oops, sorry. Obama was against the surge in Iraq - so why would be be for one in Chicago?

Chicago Beats New York, Los Angeles In Murders
Police Supt. Jody Weis To Take Hot City Council Hot Seat
CHICAGO (CBS) ― Chicago is the Second City in nickname and the third in population, but when it comes to murder, the city has the dubious distinction of being second to no city in America.

As CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports, the Chicago Sun-Times pointed out on Friday that Chicago has seen 426 homicides this year through Tuesday, compared with 417 in New York and 302 in Los Angeles.

At the end of 1998, Chicago made international headlines as the U.S. "murder capital" after surpassing New York's homicide totals for the first time ever. Chicago shed that dubious distinction when murders plummeted over the last decade.

There are more than 8 million people in New York, compared to slightly under 3 million in Chicago. The population of Los Angeles exceeds that of Chicago by more than 800,000.

Murder is also up, at a lower rate, in New York.

The alarming statistics were expected to come up on Friday when Police Supt. Jody Weis once again appeared before the City Council to address a crime rate that many believe has spun out of control. He appeared at a City Council budget hearing, which began at 10 a.m.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago.homicide.rate.2.847736.html

Joe Steel
10-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Will the messiah want to have a surge in his home town to stop the violence?

A surge?

Do you mean more cops going into the neighborhoods to get the criminals and their guns? That would mean higher taxes and more gun control.

Sounds OK to me.

red states rule
10-26-2008, 08:37 AM
A surge?

Do you mean more cops going into the neighborhoods to get the criminals and their guns? That would mean higher taxes and more gun control.

Sounds OK to me.

Or we take the liberal approach and have the US pull of out Chicago. It is clear no surge would work, and it is time to stop spending money and losing lives

Gun control - yea Joe I can see the criminals turning in their guns so they obey the law

Joe Steel
10-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Or we take the liberal approach and have the US pull of out Chicago. It is clear no surge would work, and it is time to stop spending money and losing lives

Gun control - yea Joe I can see the criminals turning in their guns so they obey the law

I didn't say anything about turning-in guns. I said the cops should go get them.

Higher taxes and fewer guns is a surge we can use.

red states rule
10-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I didn't say anything about turning-in guns. I said the cops shoul go get them.

Higher taxes and fewer guns is a surge we can use.

So take away the guns from the law abiding citizens will reduce crime? Look at the tax rate in Chicago - with the money they steal from the workers the streets should be paved in 24K gold

Na Joe, lets go with the Dems plan for Iraq in Chicago. Lets pull out and cut and run

Joe Steel
10-26-2008, 08:56 AM
So take away the guns from the law abiding citizens will reduce crime?

Probably.

Gun crime is a function of gun availability. Reducing the supply of guns reduces the number of gun crimes.

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Probably.

Gun crime is a function of gun availability. Reducing the supply of guns reduces the number of gun crimes.

Whoops! Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the country.

red states rule
10-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Probably.

Joe are you really that stupid? Look at cities where they ahve tough gun laws - crime is through the roof

Libs like you let the law abiding people be sitting ducks for the criminals who have the guns

If guns are so bad, can you tell me the last time someone was shot at a gun show?

Joe Steel
10-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Joe are you really that stupid? Look at cities where they ahve tough gun laws - crime is through the roof...

Apparently, you're as stupid as you accuse others of being.

Cities have crime because of their population density not because of their tough gun laws.

Trigg
10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Apparently, you're as stupid as you accuse others of being.

Cities have crime because of their population density not because of their tough gun laws.

Chicago has had more murders than both New York and LA, that isn't even taking into consideration population density, strictly numbers.

Chicago thugs KNOW that the general population is going to be unarmed. They don't have to worry about being shot back at.

For instance, Florida's murder rate went DOWN after the gun laws were relaxed. The bad guys didn't know who was packing which made them much less brazen.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Whoops! Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the country.

Look at DC as another example.

Now that their gun laws have been tossed out by the USSC, the citizens can now protect their lives and property - and the criminals know they might be armed

While having strict gun laws, the murder rate went through the roof

Kathianne
10-27-2008, 06:52 AM
and what does Chicago do when the murder rate soars?

'This is not a good time'
929 CITY LAYOFFS | Mayor's harsh budget address draws little Council
October 16, 2008

BY FRAN SPIELMAN City Hall Reporter

...“It’ll [still] be the city that works. But it’ll be the city that works a little slower,” said Ald. Freddrenna Lyle (6th). “That’s the biggest fear: The calls we’re going to get. We’re getting calls right now about six weeks to change an alley light. What are we talking about now? Are we ever going to be able to get the lights changed? It’s going to be ugly out here.

Of the 1,346 vacant jobs that Daley plans to eliminate, none are sworn police officers. But Fraternal Order of Police President Mark Donahue called that a “shell game.”

That’s because Daley is counting on saving $10 million by slowing police hiring to a crawl — with only 200 officers hired during all of 2009.

With 450 sworn vacancies by Dec. 31, and an annual attrition rate of 600, Chicago could be “down 850 police officers by the end of 2009,” Donahue said.

“They’re saying they’re not eliminating the positions. But they’re not going to fill the positions. The mayor has a card game going with public safety,” Donahue said....

red states rule
10-27-2008, 06:58 AM
and what does Chicago do when the murder rate soars?

and now Kathy we may have Chicago politics and priorities for the entire nation

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Probably.

But you are only speaking of taking guns from the law abiding people who have licensed guns. The criminals out there don't announce that they have guns and the cops aren't going to be taking their guns.

Therefore, you preach removing the only real line of defense from the victim while allowing the bad guys to have a field day.

Immie

red states rule
10-27-2008, 07:47 AM
But you are only speaking of taking guns from the law abiding people who have licensed guns. The criminals out there don't announce that they have guns and the cops aren't going to be taking their guns.

Therefore, you preach removing the only real line of defense from the victim while allowing the bad guys to have a field day.

Immie

To liobs like Joe, it is more of a problem for law abiding people to have a gun then Iran having nukes

theHawk
10-27-2008, 07:51 AM
A surge?

Sounds OK to me.

I'm shocked to hear that you'd support higher taxes and more unconstitutional gun control.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm shocked to hear that you'd support higher taxes and more unconstitutional gun control.

What is nexr? PB having a drink?

Binky
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, get ready, if Osama is elected he is going to put the halt on guns. Only the bad guys will be able to get them. They'll have a field day.

Isn't it odd that Osama is from Chicago, the murder capital of the world? That's where the mob hung out in the 1920's and apparently they never died off......LOL! He loves to hang with thugs, well, he picked a good city to meet them in.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, get ready, if Osama is elected he is going to put the halt on guns. Only the bad guys will be able to get them. They'll have a field day.

Isn't it odd that Osama is from Chicago, the murder capital of the world? That's where the mob hung out in the 1920's and apparently they never died off......LOL! He loves to hang with thugs, well, he picked a good city to meet them in.

Libs should now better then flame the culture war - they know who has the guns :laugh2: