PDA

View Full Version : 5-1 Giants Vs. 5-1 Steelers

jimnyc
10-26-2008, 07:53 AM
No bragging from me as I'm not eating crow on this one! 2 teams with great defenses and quite capable QB's.

Brandon Jacobs scares me, even though the Steelers are #1 in the NFL against the rush. This guy is just HUGE and pretty damn fast for his size.

The Steelers are also #1 against the pass in the NFL, but Manning has proved me wrong since the beginning of last year and has come into his own. And he also has Plaxico to throw to. (I'd still like to choke the ass responsible on the Steelers for letting him go).

While Hines Ward is the Steelers #1 receiver and healthy, their #2 Santonio Holmes is inactive this week as he was busted with marijuana in his truck. What a monumental dumbass!

Looks like Willie Parker will be out for the 4th straight week leaving the running duties to Mewelde Moore, who has done a great job in Parker's absence. But honestly, I think the Steelers need to have Big Ben have a great day finding Ward, Washington, Miller and Spaeth. Before they can do that, they have to stop letting the poor bastard get sacked so much, and that won't be an easy task against the Giants.

If the Giants win, Abbey and Jackass go on my ignore list. :laugh2: :coffee:

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Hmmm, maybe I'll watch this game. Let's see, Steelers win, one admin missing. Giants win, 2 mods missing. :smoke:

Abbey Marie
10-26-2008, 09:36 AM
Jim, I picked the Giants in my pool, but your Steelers are favored.

I'm not sure I can watch this one!

jackass
10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
It should be a good game either way. Plax is not starting the game for disciplinary issues. I am going over to my sons football coah's house to watch the game. He is a Giants fan and his wife is a Steelers fan. Should be pretty eventful! Hahaha

jimnyc
10-26-2008, 06:28 PM
WTF? The Steelers reserve long snapper is their best defensive end? Nice of him to LONG snap the punt right out of the end zone for a safety! LOL

Injuries, and the Giants harassed Big Ben all day long. 29 times dropping back and knocked to the ground 15 times.

Steelers played a huge defensive game themselves but it wasn't enough today.

Congrats to you Giants fans!

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 06:33 PM
WTF? The Steelers reserve long snapper is their best defensive end? Nice of him to LONG snap the punt right out of the end zone for a safety! LOL

Injuries, and the Giants harassed Big Ben all day long. 29 times dropping back and knocked to the ground 15 times.

Steelers played a huge defensive game themselves but it wasn't enough today.

Congrats to you Giants fans!

Class act! Do I get a raise? Fair value and all that.

jackass
10-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Even though the Giants won, that might have been one of the WORST officiated games I have ever seen!
I must say the Steelers run defense is phenominal!

I watched the game with a bunch of Steelers fans and it was rather hard not to rub it into them the way they acted all day.