PDA

View Full Version : Breaking? US Hits Syrian Border

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE49P2KX20081026

Helicopters attack border point with Iraq: Syria
Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:07pm EDT

DAMASCUS (Reuters) - Syria said on Sunday unidentified helicopters attacked a Syrian border point with Iraq, causing casualties.

The official Syrian news agency SANA did not identify the helicopters but said the attack took place in the Bou Kamal border area, in eastern Syria.

Residents said the attack targeted a house in the area in which a man and his four sons and two nearby workers were killed.

Gaffer
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
With so much concentration on politics it's going to be hard to get much info on this. Now I'll have to start digging through the milblogs and see if anyone has reported anything. It's very sketchy information right now.

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
With so much concentration on politics it's going to be hard to get much info on this. Now I'll have to start digging through the milblogs and see if anyone has reported anything. It's very sketchy information right now.

Yep. Reason for the question mark, regardless of source. To think Syria or for that matter, Israel wouldn't throw something into the election scenario? Oh yeah.

10-26-2008, 03:30 PM
interesting, id like to hear more.

Gaffer
10-26-2008, 03:37 PM
The military is not talking right now. But it is an area where there are a lot of people and arms being shipped in and little security on the syrian side. Sounds like they hit a waypoint. And of course the casualties will be listed as innocent civilians. If the helicopters had no markings it was probably a CIA strike. Wonder why they didn't just do it with a predator though.

namvet
10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
good !!! hit em again. that's where their hiding. we should co ordinate a massive strike with Israel

namvet
10-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Yep. Reason for the question mark, regardless of source. To think Syria or for that matter, Israel wouldn't throw something into the election scenario? Oh yeah.

Israel did say if Osama is elected they'll take out Iran. I hope they do !!!! a crisis from the get go for Osama. surrender monkey time?????

No1tovote4
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Israel did say if Osama is elected they'll take out Iran. I hope they do !!!! a crisis from the get go for Osama. surrender monkey time?????
Maybe that was Powell's 20th or 21st of January scenario that he was speaking of.

namvet
10-26-2008, 05:58 PM
more here strike (strike) special forces. that's why they used Helo's

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 05:59 PM

They did? Where? I missed that.

namvet
10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
They did? Where? I missed that.

its archived but i found these

Ex-U.S. Envoy Bolton: If Obama Wins, Israel Will Attack Iran
source (source)

Warning signs of an Israeli strike on Iran

Some key decision makers in Israel fear that unless they attack Iranian nuclear enrichment facilities in the next few months, while George W Bush is still president, there will not be another period when they can rely on the United States as being anywhere near as supportive in the aftermath of a unilateral attack.

implying ????
source (source)

namvet
10-26-2008, 06:55 PM
archived

September 16, 2007

Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria’s formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

source (source)

Gaffer
10-26-2008, 07:11 PM
its archived but i found these

Ex-U.S. Envoy Bolton: If Obama Wins, Israel Will Attack Iran
source (source)

Warning signs of an Israeli strike on Iran

implying ????
source (source)

I remember reading this. And I agree with him. There will be an Israeli attack some time after the election. Bush is just sitting back and running out the clock. And syria just got a message that if they don't step up to the plate their border will be null and void when it comes to going after foreign fighters. If they let our enemies use their territory they can expect serious consequences. At least until Bush leaves office.

Nukeman
10-28-2008, 06:41 AM
OK I just watched a video on AL jezera about this (amature video of the helocoptors) It also had footage of the "funerals". My question is how this occured at 4:57 local Syrian time and the video was placed on Al Jesera approx. 12 hours later and it showed the funerals taking place in the middle of the day. Now last time I checked that would put the funerals somewhere between 5:00pm local time and 5:00am local time. Thats an awful lot of dark to get the funeral in the middle of the day??????

namvet
10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
OK I just watched a video on AL jezera about this (amature video of the helocoptors) It also had footage of the "funerals". My question is how this occured at 4:57 local Syrian time and the video was placed on Al Jesera approx. 12 hours later and it showed the funerals taking place in the middle of the day. Now last time I checked that would put the funerals somewhere between 5:00pm local time and 5:00am local time. Thats an awful lot of dark to get the funeral in the middle of the day??????

the answer is terrorists have their own video editing studio's. they make it look that way by editing so they can get sympathy from the world. we caught em red handed years ago.

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 08:48 AM
al jezera is the AQ news outlet. They probably had the video in the can for months waiting for an opportunity to air it as if it was the real thing. That video was shot during the day, so it's not footage of the attack helicopters. Just syrian and AQ propaganda.

If syria is so concerned they might want to pull some of their forces off the Israeli border and beef up their border with iraq. Sorta do what they are suppose to be doing, stopping infiltrators.

namvet
10-28-2008, 09:08 AM
al jezera is the AQ news outlet. They probably had the video in the can for months waiting for an opportunity to air it as if it was the real thing. That video was shot during the day, so it's not footage of the attack helicopters. Just syrian and AQ propaganda.

If syria is so concerned they might want to pull some of their forces off the Israeli border and beef up their border with iraq. Sorta do what they are suppose to be doing, stopping infiltrators.

both borders. they did get hit my the Israelis last year.