PDA

View Full Version : A Personal Reason To Vote McCain

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 02:06 PM
Jr?

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/jesse-jackson-jr.-hopes-to-replace-obama-in-senate-2008-10-26.html

Jesse Jackson Jr. hopes to replace Obama in Senate
By Alexander Bolton
Posted: 10/26/08 01:52 PM [ET]
Illinois political insiders say Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., who defended Barack Obama after his father famously threatened to castrate him, is the favorite to replace the Democratic nominee in the Senate.

Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) scolded his father, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, publicly after his comments were caught unexpectedly on tape before an interview with Fox News this summer.

But Jackson Jr.’s path is by no means assured. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) also wants to replace Sen. Obama (Ill.) in the upper chamber if he is elected president.

This gives Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who must choose between an African-American political scion and a close ally of the labor movement, a difficult decision.

Jackson has made plain that he would like to succeed Obama in the Senate....

Yurt
10-26-2008, 04:12 PM
is jesse jr a bad politician? i don't know anything about him, other than his dad would like to hang obama's jewels on a wall somewhere

Kathianne
10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
is jesse jr a bad politician? i don't know anything about him, other than his dad would like to hang obama's jewels on a wall somewhere

While I seldom agree with him, he's not been that bad. He's not been my rep either, but would be my Senator.

Classact
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
I have a couple personal reasons to not support Obama. The first is we don't need another memorial to soldiers lost in a war we lost and the second is I don't want my two sons drafted when Barney Frank reduces the DOD by 25% and Iran cuts off the Mid East oil and we have to decide to have a draft or walk.