PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Halloween Scene Shows Palin Hanging by Noose

red states rule
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
More of things to come should libs have total control of the government?

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/myfox/photo_servlet?contentId=7729789&version=1&locale=EN-US&subtype=MIMG&siteId=1007&isP16=true

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. --
A Halloween decoration showing a mannequin dressed as vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin hanging by a noose (video: MyFoxLA) from the roof of a West Hollywood home is drawing giggles from some passers-by and gasps of outrage from others.

The mannequin is dressed in brunet wig, glasses and a red business suit (photo gallery: MyFoxLA). Another mannequin dressed as John McCain emerges from a flaming chimney.

Chad Michael Morrisette, who lives in the house, says the effigy would be out of bounds at any other time of year, but it's within the spirit of Halloween.

He says "it should be seen as art, and as within the month of October. It's Halloween, it's time to be scary it's time to be spooky."

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7729763&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.11.1

stephanie
10-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey, that's no problem..

it's just a white woman..

red states rule
10-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey, that's no problem..

it's just a white woman..

Now if it was Obama hanging from a noose, all hell would be breaking loose. The house would have been burned to the ground by the tolerant libs in the area

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Now if it was Obama hanging from a noose, all hell would be breaking loose. The house would have been burned to the ground by the tolerant libs in the area

It doesn't matter who is hanging from the noose, that is entirely inappropriate. Mr. Morrisette should be arrested for threatening a political figure.

Immie

stephanie
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
:lol:

give us a break...my goodness

red states rule
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
It doesn't matter who is hanging from the noose, that is entirely inappropriate. Mr. Morrisette should be arrested for threatening a political figure.

Immie

I agree

My point is, libs have no problem with Republicans being treated like this - while Republicans finds any example of this disgusting

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 10:31 AM
I agree

My point is, libs have no problem with Republicans being treated like this - while Republicans finds any example of this disgusting

Hey! I'm not a Republican and I'm not voting for McCain, but I still find this crap disgusting.

Immie

stephanie
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
when did a political figure become a protected god in our country..

if they were to arrest everyone for their stupid views of politicians, they would have to round up all the liberals at one of their stupid marches...

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
when did a political figure become a protected god in our country..

if they were to arrest everyone for their stupid views of politicians, they would have to round up all the liberals at one of their stupid marches...

Threatening any political figure has always been a crime in this country. Burning or hanging someone in effigy is generally seen as a threat or at the very least an attempt to insite others to commit a crime.

Immie

Little-Acorn
10-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Mr. Morrisette should be arrested for threatening a political figure.

He will be. The Secret Service takes a VERY dim view of ANY sort of threat, even implied, to a President, Vice President, or candidate for those offices.

They went ballistic over reports that someone had shouted "kill him!" at a rally when Obama's name was mentioned. Turned out to be a false report.... but they checked, quickly and heavily.

I guess Senators and Congressmen are still fair game.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 11:22 AM
He will be. The Secret Service takes a VERY dim view of ANY sort of threat, even implied, to a President, Vice President, or candidate for those offices.

They went ballistic over reports that someone had shouted "kill him!" at a rally when Obama's name was mentioned. Turned out to be a false report.... but they checked, quickly and heavily.

Then he will cry about his free speech rights being trampled over

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 11:22 AM

And that is how it should be regardless of who the political figure is.

Immie

10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I love the compassion on the left.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
I love the compassion on the left.

I would to - if I ever saw an example of it

Sitarro
10-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I dislike the idiocy that Osamabama and his fool partner, Home Depot's Joe Biden, display on a daily basis...... but I wouldn't advocate anything bad being done to them. Of course, I'm a Conservative and not an emotion driven liberal. It is amazing to me that anyone that would refer to himself as "progressive" would
A. Put such a thing up on their house, it's not for the kids, which Halloween is suppose to be about.
B. That anyone could hate someone so much from a few talking points that were twisted by other "progressive" people such as the ultra liberal candidates..

emmett
10-27-2008, 02:46 PM

Absolutely no doubt! I shutter to think of how many issues of Time magazine would then be dedicate4d to the locating of the tyrant who would portray such an offering.

Gives me an idea though!

red states rule
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Absolutely no doubt! I shutter to think of how many issues of Time magazine would then be dedicate4d to the locating of the tyrant who would portray such an offering.

Gives me an idea though!

If not for their double standards, liberals would have no standards at all. They can display acts of hate and racism and it is ignored by the liberal media

However at the same time, these same libs are on the lookout for the slightest hint of racism form the right - real of not - they will pounce on it

retiredman
10-27-2008, 03:01 PM
I find such a display tasteless... but then, I find many halloween yard displays tasteless.

Tasteless is not criminal, however.

Binky
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Hey! I'm not a Republican and I'm not voting for McCain, but I still find this crap disgusting.

Immie

Same goes for me. It's very offensive. How freekin' grownup are we anyway? Geez! :lame2:

red states rule
10-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Same goes for me. It's very offensive. How freekin' grownup are we anyway? Geez! :lame2:

Who said libs ever grew up?

The difference between liberals and conservatives is conservatives grew out of adolescence

manu1959
10-27-2008, 04:45 PM
just heard on the radio....police have determined there is no crime here.....

so what say ye if i hang an effigy of obama in my yard.....

red states rule
10-27-2008, 04:49 PM
so what say ye if i hang an effigy of obama in my yard.....

You would get a vist from Rev Jesse and Al Sharpton

The NAACP would camp out on your lawn

and news trucks from all the liberal networks would wait for you to step out of your home

Then tolerant libs would have a bonfire in your living room

Binky
10-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Who said libs ever grew up?

The difference between liberals and conservatives is conservatives grew out of adolescence

Yeah right! No conservative ever did anything stupid since adulthood. Right......

People being people always do stupid and mindless things no matter whether they are conserv. or libs.

manu1959
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
You would get a vist from Rev Jesse and Al Sharpton

The NAACP would camp out on your lawn

and news trucks from all the liberal networks would wait for you to step out of your home

Then tolerant libs would have a bonfire in your living room

guess i will string up joe the effigy...

red states rule
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
guess i will string up joe the effigy...

or Rev MFM :laugh2:

retiredman
10-27-2008, 05:19 PM

very hateful.... sad.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
very hateful.... sad.

according to libs it is not hate - it is art

manu1959
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
very hateful.... sad.

free speech.....

Yurt
10-27-2008, 05:47 PM

nice one, he wants you to choke on crow...

10-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I find such a display tasteless... but then, I find many halloween yard displays tasteless.

Tasteless is not criminal, however.

I could argue that this "Halloween display" is a threat against a political figure and thus could very welll be tasteless and criminal.

retiredman
10-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I could argue that this "Halloween display" is a threat against a political figure and thus could very welll be tasteless and criminal.

argue away. I expressed my distaste for the matter. If you would like to pursue it further, go for it.

Yurt
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM

i'm sure if the effigy was his messiah, he would not have a problem saying it is illegal and hate speech

retiredman
10-27-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm sure if the effigy was his messiah, he would not have a problem saying it is illegal and hate speech

no. I disagree.... it would still be nothing more than a tasteless halloween display....one of thousands around the county.

Kathianne
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
no. I disagree.... it would still be nothing more than a tasteless halloween display....one of thousands around the county.

Ha! Hanging Obama=lynching=racists

Hanging Palin=brilliant but in bad taste

Yurt
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
no, you would call it illegal if the effigy was your messiah...your posts lead to that conclusion

retiredman
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
no, you would call it illegal if the effigy was your messiah...your posts lead to that conclusion

not so. it would be another tasteless halloween display. nothing more.

now either disPROVE that statement or slink away from it. Your choice. pussy.

manu1959
10-27-2008, 08:47 PM

when i vist .... would you do your sermon on how yurt is a pussy and butt wrangler.....

retiredman
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
when i vist .... would you do your sermon on how yurt is a pussy and butt wrangler.....

nope. I never tailor my sermons to the whims of visitors.

and that does NOT mean that yurt is NOT a pussy and a rump wrangler! :laugh2:

Yurt
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM

disprove what statement, i stand by statement that you would call it illegal...now move along man of god

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
This may come as a surprise to some of you but the liberal MSM has been soundly condemning this Halloween prank as nothing more than stupidity, hate speech and anti American for a day or 2 now. At least that's what I interpret from their reports.

In addition, just tonight Keith Olbermann directed a segment of his show to this exact occurrence and soundly condemned it without reservation at all. Seriously folks, we need to do better by one another especially on these such sensitive issues.

I know for certain that this liberal, like all others that I know, despise this type behavior, free speech or not.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

retiredman
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
disprove what statement, i stand by statement that you would call it illegal...now move along man of god

prove it, "counselor"

Yurt
10-27-2008, 09:40 PM
prove it, "counselor"

you said disPROVE...are you changing your story again

retiredman
10-27-2008, 10:47 PM
you said disPROVE...are you changing your story again

I can understand how you only have a dozen clients.

Are most of your clients trying to beat parking tickets?:laugh2:

Yurt
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM

you wanted me to disprove something, not prove it moron...you should have listened to your father, the great attorney, more often

it is unfortunate you like to make fun of someone making a practice for themsevles, getting a dozen clients in only two months...it shows you know jackshit about law and jackshit about my practice...

but continue in your lies about me preacher, it only shows us what a true man of god you are

retiredman
10-27-2008, 11:00 PM
you wanted me to disprove something, not prove it moron...you should have listened to your father, the great attorney, more often

it is unfortunate you like to make fun of someone making a practice for themsevles, getting a dozen clients in only two months...it shows you know jackshit about law and jackshit about my practice...

but continue in your lies about me preacher, it only shows us what a true man of god you are

I am not lying about you, yurt. you only have a dozen clients. that is a fact. yet you spend a lot of time on here.... one can only imagine that you might have more clients and bring home more bacon if you'd actually ply your trade wioth some degree of diligence instead of fucking around on internet political sites.... but hey... that is something YOU'VE got to asnwer to.... I really could give a shit.

Yurt
10-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I am not lying about you, yurt. you only have a dozen clients. that is a fact. yet you spend a lot of time on here.... one can only imagine that you might have more clients and bring home more bacon if you'd actually ply your trade wioth some degree of diligence instead of fucking around on internet political sites.... but hey... that is something YOU'VE got to asnwer to.... I really could give a shit.

yes, it takes so much time write 20 second posts while waiting for phone calls, while switching letters...while taking a break between hearings...you don't know shit about getting a practice going, so don't try and make us believe you have any authority to do so...

you are lying, but that is between you and god, not me

and btw, just because it shows i am a current user, doesn't mean i'm actually viewing the board dummy, you do know what tabs are don't you...

i know your dad would be proud of me for striking it out on my own so early in my career in a down economy, it really doesn't matter what his morally bankrupt son thinks

retiredman
10-27-2008, 11:10 PM
yes, it takes so much time write 20 second posts while waiting for phone calls, while switching letters...while taking a break between hearings...you don't know shit about getting a practice going, so don't try and make us believe you have any authority to do so...

you are lying, but that is between you and god, not me

and btw, just because it shows i am a current user, doesn't mean i'm actually viewing the board dummy, you do know what tabs are don't you...

i know your dad would be proud of me for striking it out on my own so early in my career in a down economy, it really doesn't matter what his morally bankrupt son thinks

I am sure my dad would be proud of you. I am not so sure he would have ever hired you!

but hey...a dozen parking ticket complaints is better than nothing!:laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 11:12 PM
Children!!!!!!!! Behave!!!!!!!!! Neither of you demonstrate any ability to stay on topic and not derail otherwise good threads.

Yurt
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Children!!!!!!!! Behave!!!!!!!!! Neither of you demonstrate any ability to stay on topic and not derail otherwise good threads.

mfm not putting out tonight...

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
What the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!

mfm not putting out tonight...

:pee:yuk

Yurt
10-27-2008, 11:29 PM
What the hell?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!

:pee:yuk

just wondered why were in a tizzy with him over his posts...you almost always stand behind him

that you insulted me was of no surprise

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Actually, yuk, mfm or I rarely even post in threads where the other is active. Not to say that either of us don't but the occurrence is more rare than not.

just wondered why were in a tizzy with him over his posts...you almost always stand behind him

that you insulted me was of no surprise

But seriously, I don't want to see this thread busted to the cage or split and busted or derailed in general. It's actually a serious subject and deserving of the respect of at least a credible conversation without all the you did, I did not, you did too, I did not bullshit that you, rsr and mfm are so famous for. It just ain't becoming of good political wonks like I know all of you to be!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your poison, cowgirl? My treat!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Actually, yuk, mfm or I rarely even post in threads where the other is active. Not to say that either of us don't but the occurrence is more rare than not.

But seriously, I don't want to see this thread busted to the cage or split and busted or derailed in general. It's actually a serious subject and deserving of the respect of at least a credible conversation without all the you did, I did not, you did too, I did not bullshit that you, rsr and mfm are so famous for. It just ain't becoming of good political wonks like I know all of you to be!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your poison, cowgirl? My treat!!!!!!!!!!

as if you never derail threads :laugh2:

http://z.about.com/d/architecture/1/7/B/l/glasshouse.jpg

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Name one.

as if you never derail threads :laugh2:

http://z.about.com/d/architecture/1/7/B/l/glasshouse.jpg

There are lots of threads where mine might be the last post but that doesn't mean the thread was derailed in any way by me or anyone else. It simply means the conversation had ended.

You never did place your order.

What'll it be, cowgirl?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! Or, are you old enough to dring in this state?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

red states rule
10-28-2008, 07:01 AM
nope. I never tailor my sermons to the whims of visitors.

and that does NOT mean that yurt is NOT a pussy and a rump wrangler! :laugh2:

Most of your sermons are taken from the Book of Delusions. This does not mean you are not in a constant state of mouth frothing hyesteria when others disagree with you; or call you on your endless lies

retiredman
10-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Most of your sermons are taken from the Book of Delusions. This does not mean you are not in a constant state opf mouth frothing hyesteria when others disagree with you; or call you on your endless lies

actually...this is Year A of the lectionary and, therefore, my sermons have all been from the Gospel of Matthew.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 07:25 AM
actually...this is Year A of the lectionary and, therefore, my sermons have all been from the Gospel of Matthew.

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/31223/2525815760030106000S600x600Q85.jpg (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2525815760030106000bIJClG)