PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 8, killed in Mass. gun show accident

LiberalNation
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Tragic incident that could have been avioded by not putting a powerful gun in the hands of a kid that was too young/not strong enough to control it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_re_us/boy_shoots_himself;_ylt=Ar_gmVxHyQh5y0cJOFN1helvzw cF

WESTFIELD, Mass. – An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at a gun fair.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

Police said the boy, Christopher Bizilj (Bah-SEAL) of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and called the death a "self-inflicted accidental shooting."

As the boy fired the Uzi, "the front end of the weapon went up with the backfire and he ended up receiving a round in his head," police Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. The boy later died at a hospital.

theHawk
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Who the hell would let an eight year old fire an Uzi?

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Placing any ready to fire full auto weapon in the hands of an 8 year old is criminal.

Tragic incident that could have been avioded by not putting a powerful gun in the hands of a kid that was too young/not strong enough to control it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081027/ap_on_re_us/boy_shoots_himself;_ylt=Ar_gmVxHyQh5y0cJOFN1helvzw cF

WESTFIELD, Mass. – An 8-year-old boy died after accidentally shooting himself in the head while firing an Uzi submachine gun under adult supervision at a gun fair.

The boy lost control of the weapon while firing it Sunday at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, police Lt. Lawrence Vallierpratte said.

Police said the boy, Christopher Bizilj (Bah-SEAL) of Ashford, Conn., was with a certified instructor and called the death a "self-inflicted accidental shooting."

As the boy fired the Uzi, "the front end of the weapon went up with the backfire and he ended up receiving a round in his head," police Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. The boy later died at a hospital.

I taught all my kids gun safety and marksmanship at about that age but I've seen very grown and otherwise stable people go nuts when handling and firing full automatic. It ain't smart to allow any kid to try to handle something like that.

Pitiful.

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 01:37 PM
What a tragic accident!

Not being a gun expert, I'd see a problem with letting an eight year old fire an uzi especially on fully automatic. It seems to me that whoever was in charge of that child should be investigated for negligence as well as the instructor.

{edit}

And I am glad to see that I am not the only one after reading the posts above.

Immie

10-27-2008, 01:53 PM
looks like stupidity has struck again.

How many tragedies could be avoided without stupidity?

Noir
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Sweet Jesus Christ.

Idiocy costs lives.

emmett
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM
There are no words! Eight years old!

Sitarro
10-27-2008, 02:32 PM
In Houston yesterday.........
A young man on a crotch rocket motorcycle overestimated his skill and went into a curve at a very high speed yesterday, he lost control early into the turn, left the road and hit a 50 year old lady and her friend in a small car. All three were killed. His father who gave his son the motorcycle with no training said he though he would drive it more responsibly.

Another 18 year old in his beloved 350 Z that his father gave him was driving at very high speed on a busy street yesterday. He lost control while weaving in and out of traffic and smashed head on into a 2006 Honda Civic driven by a 74 year old, she never knew what hit her. Both drivers died at the scene as did the passenger in the car that was hit. The younger passenger in the 350Z was critical and it wasn't known if she would survive. The impact of the sports car, police estimate was traveling at 90 mph in a 45 mile per hour speed zone, made it unrecognizable. The young man's father drove up just as his son's remains were being extracted from the mangled wreck. He said it was doubtful his son was speeding, he loved that car.

2 Eighteen year olds killed by having vehicles they couldn't handle given to by their fathers. These deaths aren't much different than the gun death except with the vehicles others were killed.

Noir
10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
granted sattiro, but atleast the biker guys were 18, they should have had more sense, and so I would hold them to account for their deaths and the others they killed, but the kid In this topic had no such maturity to know any different

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Sorry, zero.

A young man on a crotch rocket motorcycle overestimated his skill and went into a curve at a very high speed yesterday, he lost control early into the turn, left the road and hit a 50 year old lady and her friend in a small car. All three were killed. His father who gave his son the motorcycle with no training said he though he would drive it more responsibly.

Another 18 year old in his beloved 350 Z that his father gave him was driving at very high speed on a busy street yesterday. He lost control while weaving in and out of traffic and smashed head on into a 2006 Honda Civic driven by a 74 year old, she never knew what hit her. Both drivers died at the scene as did the passenger in the car that was hit. The younger passenger in the 350Z was critical and it wasn't known if she would survive. The impact of the sports car, police estimate was traveling at 90 mph in a 45 mile per hour speed zone, made it unrecognizable. The young man's father drove up just as his son's remains were being extracted from the mangled wreck. He said it was doubtful his son was speeding, he loved that car.

2 Eighteen year olds killed by having vehicles they couldn't handle given to by their fathers. These deaths aren't much different than the gun death except with the vehicles others were killed.

No comparison whatsoever.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Trigg
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM
poor child

The article says the child had to have a parents permission to fire the gun...the parents are idiots. The instructor should have refused or at the very least kept his hand on the gun.

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Both hands, Trigg.

poor child

The article says the child had to have a parents permission to fire the gun...the parents are idiots. The instructor should have refused or at the very least kept his hand on the gun.

All those John Wayne/Chuck Norris etc. shots of going into battle firing full auto with weapons in both hands is Hollywood bullshit. No child and damned few adults can actually handle full auto without absolutely expert instruction and at least initial hands on and comprehensive oversight. Indeed in this case the instructor should be charged with voluntary manslaughter or something similar. His parents were really probably that damned ignorant as to not know any better but the instructor certainly did or should have known. On the other hand, it was a gun show. You run into some real freaking nuts at gun shows.

Gaffer
10-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Anyone that had ever fired an uzi or even seen one fired would not let a child shoot one.

10-27-2008, 07:22 PM

Not sure I agree here. In this case we are talking about an 8 year old. What kind of sane person thinks an 8 year old can handle an uzi?

I am very pro gun, (And pro motorcycle and sports car as well). I just dont see how a parent can do this one.

Mr. P
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Haven't found a thing yet that says this was a "gun show". It's a tragic and 100% avoidable but lets at least be honest. It seems it was a club event...not a "show".

5stringJeff
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Haven't found a thing yet that says this was a "gun show". It's a tragic and 100% avoidable but lets at least be honest. It seems it was a club event...not a "show".

Agreed. Gun shows - at least the ones the ones I went to in WA - were held in large buildings, not gun ranges, and you weren't allowed to have loaded guns or loose ammo. This event sounds like a gun shoot, which is totally different.

LiberalNation
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Teenagers can drive motorcycles responsibly. I always have but then I'm probably less agressive and less willing to take risk then the average 16 to 21 yo guy.

LiberalNation
10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Agreed. Gun shows - at least the ones the ones I went to in WA - were held in large buildings, not gun ranges, and you weren't allowed to have loaded guns or loose ammo. This event sounds like a gun shoot, which is totally different.

There is a big show in Kentucky they have every year, it includes a machine gun shoot on thid places gun range but also has guns on show and for sell.

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
The gun shows in Tennessee and Mississippi operate the same way, LN.

There is a big show in Kentucky they have every year, it includes a machine gun shoot on thid places gun range but also has guns on show and for sell.

Perhaps it's due to our rather backwoods environment and intellect?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!:laugh2:

Sitarro
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Perhaps it's due to our rather backwoods environment and intellect?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!:laugh2:

Really sycho, why are you so hard on yourself?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 09:02 PM
It helps, zero

Really sycho, why are you so hard on yourself?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

To keep me from going insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Steel
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Who the hell would let an eight year old fire an Uzi?

A gun nut.

theHawk
10-28-2008, 12:08 AM
A gun nut.

I know plenty of gun nuts. None of them are that stupid.

Psychoblues
10-28-2008, 12:18 AM
But the one that put that ready to fire uzi in the hands of an 8 year old was certainly, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I know plenty of gun nuts. None of them are that stupid.

A GODDAMNED STUPID GUN NUT

Don't worry about me...........I'll feel better in a minute or two.............

Mr. P
10-28-2008, 12:20 AM
But the one that put that ready to fire uzi in the hands of an 8 year old was certainly, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A GODDAMNED STUPID GUN NUT

Don't worry about me...........I'll feel better in a minute or two.............

I'd say he was just a "NUT".

Psychoblues
10-28-2008, 12:49 AM
A NUT for sure, p, a NUT for sure.

I'd say he was just a "NUT".

With a gun, a very damned dangerous gun. I don't think he got it at WalMart.