PDA

View Full Version : Syria Blasts US 'Terrorist Aggression'

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 02:15 PM
Here we go, folks!!!!!!!! October surprise!!!!!!!!!! Escalation of war into Syria and claiming some fictional foreign fighter target as an excuse!!!!!!!!!!!! gwb is winning friends and influencing people worldwide!!!!!!!!!! What a fuckin' douchebag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London | October 28, 2008

SYRIA today accused the United States of terrorist aggression over a deadly weekend raid on a village near its border with Iraq that a US official said had targeted foreign fighters.

After several hours of silence, a Washington official confirmed US forces in Iraq had crossed into Syria yesterday and mounted a "successful" raid against foreign fighters.

A US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said a top agent smuggling foreign fighters into Iraq was believed to have been killed in the raid.

The official identified the man as Abu Ghadiya and said he was "one of the most prominent foreign fighter facilitators in the region".

"The operation was successful," the official said.

The raid is the first confirmed US action of its kind into Syrian territory amid frosty relations between Washington and Damascus.

"We consider this criminal and terrorist aggression," Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said in London after talks with British Foreign Secretary David Miliband.

"Killing civilians in international law means a terrorist aggression," said Mr Muallem, whose country said eight civilians were killed, including children.

Asked if Syria would use force if the Americans mounted a similar operation again, he said: "As long as you are saying if, I tell you, if they do it again, we will defend our territories." .........................................

More: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24563530-12335,00.html

War is not a game to be played for domestic political considerations, my friends. If the CIC had ever personally experienced any war he would have better sense about when and when not to use lethal force. Killing civilians ain't cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
hasn't obama said he would do teh same thing...you know like raids into pakistan...

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't recall Obama ever mentioning invading other countries and killing civilians.

hasn't obama said he would do teh same thing...you know like raids into pakistan...

The Syrians have been friendly and cooperative with the US in our war on terror. I think this is a game changer, not that I think war is a game.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

hjmick
10-27-2008, 02:40 PM

Yes he did:

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama issued a pointed warning yesterday to Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, saying that as president he would be prepared to order U.S. troops into that country unilaterally if it failed to act on its own against Islamic extremists.

In his most comprehensive statement on terrorism, the senator from Illinois said that the Iraq war has left the United States less safe than it was before the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and that if elected he would seek to withdraw U.S. troops and shift the country's military focus to threats in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"When I am president, we will wage the war that has to be won," he told an audience at the Woodrow Wilson Center in the District. He added, "The first step must be to get off the wrong battlefield in Iraq and take the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan." (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/01/AR2007080101233_pf.html)

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 02:43 PM
I don't recall Obama ever mentioning invading other countries and killing civilians.

The Syrians have been friendly and cooperative with the US in our war on terror. I think this is a game changer, not that I think war is a game.

I seem to recall him making a comment about invading Pakistan in the first debate or was it the second. Wasn't the third because I didn't bother watching that one. I remember Senator McCain (who it looks like will remain a Senator) jumping all over that comment and saying it was inappropriate for a man who may very likely become the next President of the United States to make such a comment.

All that being said, and not knowing all the details, it seems to me to be very poor timing for a new invasion by Bush.

Immie

{edit}

Okay, after seeing hjmick's post, it was not the debate that he made the comment. It was simply that McCain admonished him during the debate.

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 02:43 PM
You just aren't keeping up, hmjick!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he did:

Did you read the article and what Syria has to say about it? They have not recovered any bodies of any suspected foreign fighters. At this point in time I wouldn't put anything past the lil' dictator, gwb.

10-27-2008, 02:44 PM
When has Syria cooperated with anything we've done???

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 02:48 PM
To be honest, Immie, I don't know all the details either and I can guarantee you that neither of us will ever know all the details.

I seem to recall him making a comment about invading Pakistan in the first debate or was it the second. Wasn't the third because I didn't bother watching that one. I remember Senator McCain (who it looks like will remain a Senator) jumping all over that comment and saying it was inappropriate for a man who may very likely become the next President of the United States to make such a comment.

All that being said, and not knowing all the details, it seems to me to be very poor timing for a new invasion by Bush.

Immie

{edit}

Okay, after seeing hjmick's post, it was not the debate that he made the comment. It was simply that McCain admonished him during the debate.

But what we do know at this point is that Syria is claiming that the attack by the US into their country killed only innocents and they are claiming it as an act of "terrorism". Not cool for international relations and diplomacy.

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 02:52 PM
To be honest, Immie, I don't know all the details either and I can guarantee you that neither of us will ever know all the details.

But what we do know at this point is that Syria is claiming that the attack by the US into their country killed only innocents and they are claiming it as an act of "terrorism". Not cool for international relations and diplomacy.

We're talking about the Bush Administration here. I'm not so sure this Admin gives a rat's ass what the rest of the world thinks about us?

Besides, it will be Obama's mess to clean up in January. Why should they care.

I wonder if this would have occured if McCain were ahead in the polls.

Immie

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 02:57 PM
I loaded and unloaded many Syrian military aircraft in PersianGulf I/Desert Storm. I have friends that are presently active duty in the Iraqi theatre and they often go in and out of Syria and Syria has been very cooperative in taking Iraqi refugees and supporting as best as possible American/Allied efforts in Iraq and generally the entire war on terror.

When has Syria cooperated with anything we've done???

It is true that American/Syrian relations remain tense but I attribute that mostly to the Syrian relationship with Russia and the rather ignorant attitude of many Americans about that.

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 03:00 PM
I think that is the point, Immie.

We're talking about the Bush Administration here. I'm not so sure this Admin gives a rat's ass what the rest of the world thinks about us?

Besides, it will be Obama's mess to clean up in January. Why should they care.

I wonder if this would have occured if McCain were ahead in the polls.

Immie

Everybody that was of thinking age in 1980 understands there is no limit to what tricks the repubs will pull for domestic political aspirations.

Gaffer
10-27-2008, 03:04 PM
It seems it was four choppers and a number of special forces on the ground involved in that operation. They apparently followed some AQI guys back to that building. One of the guys killed was a financier of AQ, a high level guy. They took out a major player and sent a message to syria at the same time.

There was also another drone strike in pakistan and a lot of fighting is going on between the pak army and AQ and taliban. 1500 taliban and AQ dead and 900 captured. Also pak reports omar was killed in the fighting, but no confirmation of that. Lots of stuff going on with the war but the media can't stop worshiping the messiah long enough to report on it.

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Have you ever considered writing military novels, guffer?

It seems it was four choppers and a number of special forces on the ground involved in that operation. They apparently followed some AQI guys back to that building. One of the guys killed was a financier of AQ, a high level guy. They took out a major player and sent a message to syria at the same time.

There was also another drone strike in pakistan and a lot of fighting is going on between the pak army and AQ and taliban. 1500 taliban and AQ dead and 900 captured. Also pak reports omar was killed in the fighting, but no confirmation of that. Lots of stuff going on with the war but the media can't stop worshiping the messiah long enough to report on it.

I mean good fictional ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-27-2008, 03:15 PM

Yes he did:

hjmick gave you the quote, how is this different? you know for a fact that only innocent civilians were involved...how is the different than obama's pledge?

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I addressed that a little earlier in this thread, yuk.

hjmick gave you the quote, how is this different? you know for a fact that only innocent civilians were involved...how is the different than obama's pledge?

Apparently you missed it or misunderstood or intentionally ignored it.

retiredman
10-27-2008, 03:23 PM

He did, and I support such action.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Another AQ terrorist has assumed room temp

U.S. Official: Syrian Strike Killed Al Qaeda Target

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

The assault, which took place about 4-5 miles inside Syria, came just days after the commander of U.S. forces in western Iraq said American troops were redoubling efforts to secure the border, which he called an "uncontrolled" gateway for fighters entering Iraq.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444199,00.html

Yurt
10-27-2008, 03:31 PM
I addressed that a little earlier in this thread, yuk.

Apparently you missed it or misunderstood or intentionally ignored it.

you said you don't recall him saying invading other countries and killing civilians...you then blabbered about syria...so i again offer you my post, read it slowly so you can digest it and then get back to me:

hjmick gave you the quote, how is this different? you know for a fact that only innocent civilians were involved...how is this different than obama's pledge?

Yurt
10-27-2008, 03:32 PM

A U.S. strike on a network of foreign fighters in Syria killed its main target — an Al Qaeda coordinator who was wanted for sending foreign fighters, weapons and cash into Iraq, a U.S. official told FOX News.

Killed in Sunday's attack by Special Operations Forces was Abu Ghadiyain, Al Qaeda's senior coordinator operating in Syria who was closely associated with the leader of Al Qaeda in Iraq.

The assault, which took place about 4-5 miles inside Syria, came just days after the commander of U.S. forces in western Iraq said American troops were redoubling efforts to secure the border, which he called an "uncontrolled" gateway for fighters entering Iraq.

that is exactly what obama promised he would do, but psycho seems to think only GWB would do such a thing....even mfm acknowledges obama's statement.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
that is exactly what obama promised he would do, but psycho seems to think only GWB would do such a thing....even mfm acknowledges obama's statement.

Obama said clearly in the pirmaires he would have no problem attacking another country to get OBL or terrorists

Of course with Obama, saying he would do something and then doing it are two different things

red states rule
10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08022007/photos/obama.jpg

namvet
10-27-2008, 04:56 PM
last year syria was caught buiding a centrifuge with the help of N korea. the Israelis took it out. syria harbor's terrorists and their weapons.

U.S. Official: Al Qaeda Coordinator Captured in Syria Raid
source (source)

I hope we hit em again !!!!

manu1959
10-27-2008, 05:10 PM

yet you believe syrian reports..........

namvet
10-27-2008, 05:23 PM

he believes the sky is falling

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
What makes you say that, m'59? I haven't quoted any Syrian reports.

I shared an article that reports that Syrians are calling the violent US incursion into their country an act of "terrorism", again according to the report in the article. I don't believe that article was written by Syrians.

As far as knowing all the details about this unfortunate occurrence I have already stated in this thread that I certainly don't know. But, I'll tell you what I do know. I know that propaganda is presently being exploited on all sides and my intent here was to share an article, discuss it's content and possibly achieve a better understanding as to the ramifications of the actions, deliberate the possible consequences and learn from the circumstances. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

red states rule
10-27-2008, 05:33 PM
What makes you say that, m'59? I haven't quoted any Syrian reports.

I shared an article that reports that Syrians are calling the violent US incursion into their country an act of "terrorism", again according to the report in the article. I don't believe that article was written by Syrians.

As far as knowing all the details about this unfortunate occurrence I have already stated in this thread that I certainly don't know. But, I'll tell you what I do know. I know that propaganda is presently being exploited on all sides and my intent here was to share an article, discuss it's content and possibly achieve a better understanding as to the ramifications of the actions, deliberate the possible consequences and learn from the circumstances. Can you dig it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Ignoring the facts again I see

namvet
10-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Ignoring the facts again I see

liberals believe you have a war without killing anyone :laugh2:

red states rule
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
liberals believe you have a war without killing anyone :laugh2:

That is why libs only want to use harsh language, and idle threats

namvet
10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
That is why libs only want to use harsh language, and idle threats

hence the reason their dubbed the surrender monkey's :laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
10-27-2008, 05:57 PM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/wteach/surrender/SMAQTT.jpg

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Whoever is doing that dubbing, nv, is nothing more than a chickenshit liar in their own rights. I am a veteran, a liberal and I never surrendered or will until I'm 10 toes up in my grave.

Does that include you? I mean the dubbing chickenshit liar part?!?!?!??!?!??!

red states rule
10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Whoever is doing that dubbing, nv, is nothing more than a chickenshit liar in their own rights. I am a veteran, a liberal and I never surrendered or will until I'm 10 toes up in my grave.

But you have backed the surrender monkeys and those who have sluree the troops

Like Rev MFM it is party above all else with you

http://markhumphrys.com/Bitmaps/surrender.monkeys.2.jpg

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Nope, I don't back surrender monkeys either, dumbo. In fact, I don't even know any of them. And I sure as hell don't abide slurring the troops as you intimate. Your wild and vivid imagination is overwhelming your good sense again, isn't it, rsr?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

namvet
10-27-2008, 08:48 PM

I am a veteran, a liberal

so. you cleaned the head...............:laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
????????????????????????

so. you cleaned the head...............:laugh2::laugh2:

I don't get it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

namvet
10-27-2008, 09:51 PM
????????????????????????

I don't get it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

you shoveled shit in Mississippi. that's why

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 11:16 PM
I've done some good work around the stables, numbnuts.

you shoveled shit in Mississippi. that's why

But what does that have to do with American aggression into Syria and elsewhere?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Are you that freaking stupid or just pretending?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

namvet
10-28-2008, 08:04 AM
I've done some good work around the stables, numbnuts.

But what does that have to do with American aggression into Syria and elsewhere?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Are you that freaking stupid or just pretending?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

post 31

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=315217&postcount=31

I've done some good work around the stables

this is this your so called service???? working in stables???? doing what. ah. shovelin' shit. your shittin you. you never served a minute. they peeked under your dress.
still don't know what the Head is???? mongoloid.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
post 31

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=315217&postcount=31

this is this your so called service???? working in stables???? doing what. ah. shovelin' shit. your shittin you. you never served a minute. they peeked under your dress.
still don't know what the Head is???? mongoloid.

One would think those duties were well above his pay grade :laugh2:

namvet
10-28-2008, 08:39 AM
One would think those duties were well above his pay grade :laugh2:

plus calling him/her self Psyco???? it fits.