Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I am hearing he was found guilty on 7 counts

He has to go, and he should have stepped down along time ago

Monkeybone
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
lol, they still have to leave his name on the ballot

retiredman
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
he'll go. the people of Alaska will undoubtedly elect the democrat next tuesday.
:lol:

60 is starting to look possible!

red states rule
10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
he'll go. the people of Alaska will undoubtedly elect the democrat next tuesday.

Given all the Dems ethics problems - you have no room to talk. But being the hack that you are all you care about is power

Nothing else matters to you

retiredman
10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Given all the Dems ethics problems - you have no room to talk. But being the hack that you are all you care about is power

Nothing else matters to you

do we have democratic senators running for reelection this month who are facing hard time? I didn't know of any.

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM

I disagree.

They will elect him for three reasons.

1) they are traditionally Republican and he is the incumbent

2) they will elect him knowing he will step down and Gov Palin (R) will be able to appoint his successor

and

3) Just to piss you (D)'s off. :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I disagree.

They will elect him for three reasons.

1) they are traditionally Republican and he is the incumbent

2) they will elect him knowing he will step down and Gov Palin (R) will be able to appoint his successor

and

3) Just to piss you (D)'s off. :laugh2:

Immie

William Jefferson (D-LA) was caiught on tape take a bribe - the money found in his freezer and Dems still stil have in Congress

Tim Mahoney (D-FL) wh replaced Tom Foley has been caught on tape threatening his mistress on the phone. Paid he rthousands in hush money and Dems in Congress tried to cover it up

Then you have the tax dodger Charlie Rangel. He writes the tax laws yet he won't pay the taxes

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 04:15 PM
William Jefferson (D-LA) was caiught on tape take a bribe - the money found in his freezer and Dems still stil have in Congress

Tim Mahoney (D-FL) wh replaced Tom Foley has been caught on tape threatening his mistress on the phone. Paid he rthousands in hush money and Dems in Congress tried to cover it up

Then you have the tax dodger Charlie Rangel. He writes the tax laws yet he won't pay the taxes

I am certain that I read that Charles Rangel (D-NY) paid the taxes due and penalties and interest. I'm also certain that many people make mistakes on their tax returns. I'm also certain that Charles Rangel is chairman of the committee that oversees tax law. I'm also certain Charles Rangel didn't write the tax laws.

I'm also certain that Charles Rangel is a funny, funny man, but I am not so certain he should be a Congressman.

As for Rep. Mahoney, well, this is his first term and hopefully his last, but I am not in his district and won't be able to vote against him.

As for William Jefferson, well, the man should be in prison. Isn't he?

Immie

red states rule
10-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I am certain that I read that Charles Rangel (D-NY) paid the taxes due and penalties and interest. I'm also certain that many people make mistakes on their tax returns. I'm also certain that Charles Rangel is chairman of the committee that oversees tax law. I'm also certain Charles Rangel didn't write the tax laws.

I'm also certain that Charles Rangel is a funny, funny man, but I am not so certain he should be a Congressman.

As for Rep. Mahoney, well, this is his first term and hopefully his last, but I am not in his district and won't be able to vote against him.

As for William Jefferson, well, the man should be in prison. Isn't he?

Immie

With Rangel, he does indeed write tax policy - and has had been caught several times ducking taxes

Pelosi and others did try to cover up Mahoney

With Jefferson the CBC backed him, and Dems have tried to circle the wagons around him

Amazing how much protection a "D" at the end of your name will get you

Immanuel
10-27-2008, 04:27 PM
With Rangel, he does indeed write tax policy - and has had been caught several times ducking taxes

Pelosi and others did try to cover up Mahoney

With Jefferson the CBC backed him, and Dems have tried to circle the wagons around him

Amazing how much protection a "D" at the end of your name will get you

He writes tax policy now... although really he doesn't. He chairs the House Ways and Means Committee. He doesn't necessarily write all those laws and he did not write all the laws that were adopted many many many years ago.

He can't possibly know all the tax laws.

But, then ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

He paid his bill. That is as far as that can go.

Immie

red states rule
10-27-2008, 04:30 PM
He writes tax policy now... although really he doesn't. He chairs the House Ways and Means Committee. He doesn't necessarily write all those laws and he did not write all the laws that were adopted many many many years ago.

He can't possibly know all the tax laws.

But, then ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

He paid his bill. That is as far as that can go.

Immie

Yea he paid up - after he was caught. For years he did not pay taxes, and illegally stored one of his cars in a larking deck (the car no longer had tags BTW)

He had several apts in rent controled NYC. Used one of them as an office. It is common knowledge with politicans that is against the law

gabosaurus
10-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Stephens will remain on ballot. If McCain gets in, Stephens will be pardoned. Because crooks like to stand together.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Stephens will remain on ballot. If McCain gets in, Stephens will be pardoned. Because crooks like to stand together.

Stop with the BS Gabby. I seldom see you going after the many crooks on your side

Your double standards are well known

retiredman
10-27-2008, 04:40 PM
again:

do we have democratic senators running for reelection this month who are facing hard time? I didn't know of any.

Yurt
10-27-2008, 04:57 PM
again:

look who is wanting posts answered now....i told you that you do this frequently

retiredman
10-27-2008, 05:02 PM

look who is wanting posts answered now....i told you that you do this frequently

and look who is avoiding answering them.:laugh2:

red states rule
10-27-2008, 05:04 PM
and look who is avoiding answering them.:laugh2:

I did answer your lame question. While not facing hard time - they clearly broke the law - and you say nothing, and your party tries to cover it up

retiredman
10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
I did answer your lame question. While not facing hard time - they clearly broke the law - and you say nothing, and your party tries to cover it up

you never named any democratic senator facing hard time, did you?:laugh2:

10-27-2008, 05:28 PM
So when do you think they are finally going to throw William Jefferson behind bars?

10-27-2008, 05:28 PM
you never named any democratic senator facing hard time, did you?:laugh2:

Barack Hussien Obama.

red states rule
10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
So when do you think they are finally going to throw William Jefferson behind bars?

When hell freezes over

5stringJeff
10-27-2008, 07:55 PM
No felon should be allowed to serve in Congress, regardless of party.

retiredman
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM

I would hope the instant they find him guilty of a crime.

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
There ain't nothin' wrong with a man keepin' a little cool cash around for a hot day, is it?!?!?!??!??!?????!??!??!?!

I would hope the instant they find him guilty of a crime.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: