PDA

View Full Version : Sound Like Anyone On The Board?

Kathianne
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM
From AP:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D943493O1&show_article=1

FACT CHECK: Obama charges against McCain debatable
Oct 27 06:41 PM US/Eastern
By NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democrat Barack Obama's "closing argument" speech Monday included a sweeping accusation against GOP rival John McCain: "Senator McCain still has not been able to tell the American people a single major thing he'd do differently from George Bush when it comes to the economy."

But the charge is debatable—McCain has several ideas that are different than Bush's policy, which he touched on as recently as a Sunday interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"Do I respect President Bush? Of course I respect him," McCain said. "But I pointed out we were on the wrong track in a whole lot of ways, including a $10 trillion deficit, including saying we got to rein in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and propose legislation to try to fix it before that triggered the housing collapse, including today when I'm saying they should be going out and buying up these mortgages and giving people mortgages that they can afford rather than bailing out the banks."

The Obama campaign says the key word of Obama's statement is "major," and the differences that McCain points to are minor details. Here are some of what McCain's campaign sees as his biggest disagreements with Bush on economic policy:

manu1959
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
i heard the same statment...obama is a liar......he has lied about when he was concieved....and dozens of other things....

Kathianne
10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
i heard the same statment...obama is a liar......he has lied about when he was concieved....and dozens of other things....

It's amazing, but looks like it's going to happen. I hope we're all wrong and he does good.

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 05:11 AM
It's amazing, but looks like it's going to happen. I hope we're all wrong and he does good.

The chances of that happening are slim and none.

Kathianne
10-28-2008, 05:14 AM
The chances of that happening are slim and none.

Well, I'm going to hope. The alternatives are not good.