PDA

View Full Version : 8-year-old kills himself at gun show

gabosaurus
10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Now this is a great idea! Put on a gun show where you allow inexperienced children to fire an Uzi at a pumpkin! Loads of fun for everyone! That is, until one 8-year-old boy shoots himself in the head.
Oh well, guns don't kill kids. Kids kill themselves. Keep those Uzis rocking!

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081027_ap_boy8shootshimselftodeathatmassgunshow. html

stephanie
10-27-2008, 11:30 PM
when you get done taking away all the guns, will you start on cars next??

you know kids run out in front of them sometimes..

Psychoblues
10-27-2008, 11:31 PM
gabby,

There is already an extensive thread on this exact topic and I think the same source as yours here. I also think it was the lead thread in this forum right about when you posted this one.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=19102

Sheeeeeeeeeeesh

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
10-27-2008, 11:35 PM
when you get done taking away all the guns, will you start on cars next??

you know kids run out in front of them sometimes..

not only that, but i have read stories about young kids getting behind the wheel and running others over

stephanie
10-27-2008, 11:38 PM
not only that, but i have read stories about young kids getting behind the wheel and running others over

also, people have jacked them up and got underneath them and the car got a mind of it's own and decided to fall on the person just to kill them..

crin63
10-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Now this is a great idea! Put on a gun show where you allow inexperienced children to fire an Uzi at a pumpkin! Loads of fun for everyone! That is, until one 8-year-old boy shoots himself in the head.
Oh well, guns don't kill kids. Kids kill themselves. Keep those Uzis rocking!

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081027_ap_boy8shootshimselftodeathatmassgunshow. html

You must be so excited. You got what you seem to keep hoping for. A child was killed with a gun and you can say, "see I told you so". You must be so proud.

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 06:58 AM
You must be so excited. You got what you seem to keep hoping for. A child was killed with a gun and you can say, "see I told you so". You must be so proud.

What may be so exciting to her is that this happened so close to the election of a man who has every intention of taking your guns away. It will be fresh in the minds of everyone when Barack Obama steps to the podium to announce the end of gun shows because they are so dangerous and his proposal to bring the "gun crisis" to an end. He will call it the "War on Guns" and it will start with the confiscation of all registered guns in the U.S.

She's thrilled at the timing. Probably couldn't have had better timing if she pulled the trigger herself.

Immie

crin63
10-28-2008, 10:48 AM
What may be so exciting to her is that this happened so close to the election of a man who has every intention of taking your guns away. It will be fresh in the minds of everyone when Barack Obama steps to the podium to announce the end of gun shows because they are so dangerous and his proposal to bring the "gun crisis" to an end. He will call it the "War on Guns" and it will start with the confiscation of all registered guns in the U.S.

She's thrilled at the timing. Probably couldn't have had better timing if she pulled the trigger herself.

Immie

I cant help but remember her rant about guns where she sounded like she was almost hoping something bad would happen.

http://debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=297376&postcount=7

If you disagree, you are a fucking stupid fool. Every damn one of you. All you fucked up militant conservative Republicans who keep 30 guns in your house.
I know that this will kick back on some of you. One of your kids will find your gun and shoot themselves in the head. Or a friend or neighbor will be a victim of violent crime. It will happen sooner or later. We'll see if you have that same smirk on your face then. At the funeral.

stephanie
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I cant help but remember her rant about guns where she sounded like she was almost hoping something bad would happen.

http://debatepolicy.com/showpost.php...76&postcount=7

If you disagree, you are a fucking stupid fool. Every damn one of you. All you fucked up militant conservative Republicans who keep 30 guns in your house.
I know that this will kick back on some of you. One of your kids will find your gun and shoot themselves in the head. Or a friend or neighbor will be a victim of violent crime. It will happen sooner or later. We'll see if you have that same smirk on your face then. At the funeral.
that's some ugly there..

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 11:00 AM

That is pretty bad. It is almost like she is wishing that something like this will happen.

I don't know Gabby very well. Everytime I try to engage her in a conversation, just a little bit, she runs away. It's like she thinks I'm trying to hit on her, which definitely is not the case as I am happily married and believe she is as well, but I just can't believe she would wish that kind of pain on anyone else even if she is a devout liberal.

BTW: Can't blame her for not wanting to strike up any kind of "online friendship" around here. Conservatives don't seem to be very friendly to liberals online and vice versa.

Immie

stephanie
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
BTW: Can't blame her for not wanting to strike up any kind of "online friendship" around here. Conservatives don't seem to be very friendly to liberals online and vice versa.

Immie

bull...we've known Gabby for a long time here(way before you came on board), and have put up with her abuse and hate..
I personally finally got tired of it, and made up my mind I will not tolerate her brand of hate, or her any longer..

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 11:13 AM
bull...we've known Gabby for a long time here and have put up with her abuse and hate..
I personally finally got tired of it and made up my mind I will not tolerate her brand of hate, or her any longer..

Can you honestly say... with a straight face... that you treat liberals on here like human beings? You might try looking at who has negative rep for starters.

Also, where did you see that I excused her behavior? I didn't. Not once. And I didn't blame you either. I just said that we don't treat each other well on here. We surely don't treat them like we would face to face.

I don't for a second believe GW from Ohio would call you an asshole and say "Up yours" to you if you and he were face to face. And I don't think MFM would use the C-word in reference to the ladies on this site if he met with them. Nor would RSR or Yurt treat MFM in the manner they do face to face.

Immie

stephanie
10-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Can you honestly say... with a straight face... that you treat liberals on here like human beings? You might try looking at who has negative rep for starters.

Also, where did you see that I excused her behavior? I didn't. Not once. And I didn't blame you either. I just said that we don't treat each other well on here. We surely don't treat them like we would face to face.

I don't for a second believe GW from Ohio would call you an asshole and say "Up yours" to you if you and he were face to face. And I don't think MFM would use the C-word in reference to the ladies on this site if he met with them. Nor would RSR or Yurt treat MFM in the manner they do face to face.

Immie

it's take two to show each other respect..and we don't receive that here from the liberals, because they think we are redneck hillbillies who can't think for themselves..I will not show any respect to someone who thinks that way about me...sorry but that is the way it is..

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 11:31 AM
it's take two to show each other respect..and we don't receive that here from the liberals, because they think we are redneck hillbillies who can't think for themselves..I will not show any respect to someone who thinks that way about me...sorry but that is the way it is..

No need to be sorry. I'm not blaming you or conservatives at all.

I just said, that I can understand why she would not be willing to strike up a friendship with someone like me.

It does take two to Tango. You are right. But it only takes one to cast off the animosity and extend a hand of friendship and offer to let bygones be bygones and be consistent in that stance for as long as it takes.

There are a lot of things that Gabby says that grate me wrong. Sometimes I think she's joking. Sometimes I pray she's joking. I can say that I don't like her politics or her very slanted view of the rest of the world, but then maybe she's just joking.

Immie

stephanie
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
No need to be sorry. I'm not blaming you or conservatives at all.

I just said, that I can understand why she would not be willing to strike up a friendship with someone like me.

It does take two to Tango. You are right. But it only takes one to cast off the animosity and extend a hand of friendship and offer to let bygones be bygones and be consistent in that stance for as long as it takes.

There are a lot of things that Gabby says that grate me wrong. Sometimes I think she's joking. Sometimes I pray she's joking. I can say that I don't like her politics or her very slanted view of the rest of the world, but then maybe she's just joking.

Immie

take it from me, Gabby is NOT joking..
you saw the above post from her about us who own guns..

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 11:34 AM
take it from me, Gabby is NOT joking..

For once, I hope you are wrong. :lol:

Immie

stephanie
10-28-2008, 11:43 AM
For once, I hope you are wrong. :lol:

Immie

I can't think of the last time I was wrong..

I'll have to think on it and get back to ya..:laugh2::cheers2:

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I can't think of the last time I was wrong..

I'll have to think on it and get back to ya..:laugh2::cheers2:

You are a conservative... ask any liberal, you are never right. :laugh2::cheers2:

Immie