PDA

View Full Version : Dozens Of Call Center Workers Walk Off Job In Protest

Psychoblues
10-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Rather Than Read McCain Script Attacking Obama

Thank God for educated and truly committed people.

By Greg Sargent - October 27, 2008, 5:18PM
Some three dozen workers at a telemarketing call center in Indiana walked off the job rather than read an incendiary McCain campaign script attacking Barack Obama, according to two workers at the center and one of their parents.

Nina Williams, a stay-at-home mom in Lake County, Indiana, tells us that her daughter recently called her from her job at the center, upset that she had been asked to read a script attacking Obama for being "dangerously weak on crime," "coddling criminals," and for voting against "protecting children from danger."

Williams' daughter told her that up to 40 of her co-workers had refused to read the script, and had left the call center after supervisors told them that they would have to either read the call or leave, Williams says. The call center is called Americall, and it's located in Hobart, IN.

"They walked out," Williams says of her daughter and her co-workers, adding that they weren't fired but willingly sacrificed pay rather than read the lines. "They were told [by supervisors], `If you all leave, you're not gonna get paid for the rest of the day."

The daughter, who wanted her name withheld fearing retribution from her employer, confirmed the story to us. "It was like at least 40 people," the daughter said. "People thought the script was nasty and they didn't wanna read it.".................................................. .....................

More: http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/dozens_of_call_center_workers.php

I'm going to do what I can to get robocalls outlawed in Mississippi. When real people get involved the truth is more apt to come out. It's easy to find one idiot to do a recording that will be played a couple million times and pay them $25 or so.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

PostmodernProphet
10-28-2008, 05:39 AM
that's what the company gets for hiring minimum wage workers...polls show that 70% of people earning under $35k a year support Obama.....

Nukeman
10-28-2008, 06:17 AM
This is also what you get when you have your telemarking department in a city like Hobart. Hobart is essentialy a suburb of Chicago. Hobart is closer in politics to Chicago than the rest of Indiana.

Indiana as a whole is running currently at 53% for McCain, and 38% Obama. Before you pull that poll apart psyco. the poll was commisiond by a nonpartisan polling firm based in Maryland.

This poll of ONLY Indiana voters (all not just repub) is very telling of the bias in the National news about how well Obama is "supposedly" doing. I think they may be surprised come Nov. 5th with the outcome of some of these states

Nukeman
10-28-2008, 06:21 AM

Thank God for educated and truly committed people. If they were truely educated they probably WOULDN'T be working as a telemarketer. don't you think. Hobart Indiana has one of the HIGHEST dropout rates in the state, in fact it scews the state average, it and Gary IN.

I'm going to do what I can to get robocalls outlawed in Mississippi. When real people get involved the truth is more apt to come out. It's easy to find one idiot to do a recording that will be played a couple million times and pay them $25 or so.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute: Have to agree with you here, if you can not take the time to make a REAL call don't call my house I will just hang up....

stephanie
10-28-2008, 08:55 AM
nothing like biting off the hand that is going to feed you..

no one can accuse liberals who is supporting the little Marxist as being INTELLIGENT..

They can contact the Obambam and see if they can get them a some welfare

red states rule
10-28-2008, 08:56 AM
nothing like biting off the hand that is going to feed you..

no one can accuse liberals who is supporting the little Marxist as being INTELLIGENT..

Gibven how the Obama team is black listing anyone who asks them hard questions - the emplyees may have been scared to make the Lord Obama's list of enemies

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 09:11 AM
To those three dozen or so workers, I have one thing to say.

Welcome to the unemployment line. I hope you enjoy your benefits while they last. I hope President Obama rewards you for your dedication.

Immie

red states rule
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
To those three dozen or so workers, I have one thing to say.

Welcome to the unemployment line. I hope you enjoy your benefits while they last. I hope President Obama rewards you for your dedication.

Immie

Now they can blame Pres Bush for more jobs lost :laugh2:

namvet
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM

By Greg Sargent - October 27, 2008, 5:18PM
Some three dozen workers at a telemarketing call center in Indiana walked off the job rather than read an incendiary McCain campaign script attacking Barack Obama, according to two workers at the center and one of their parents.

Nina Williams, a stay-at-home mom in Lake County, Indiana, tells us that her daughter recently called her from her job at the center, upset that she had been asked to read a script attacking Obama for being "dangerously weak on crime," "coddling criminals," and for voting against "protecting children from danger."

Williams' daughter told her that up to 40 of her co-workers had refused to read the script, and had left the call center after supervisors told them that they would have to either read the call or leave, Williams says. The call center is called Americall, and it's located in Hobart, IN.

"They walked out," Williams says of her daughter and her co-workers, adding that they weren't fired but willingly sacrificed pay rather than read the lines. "They were told [by supervisors], `If you all leave, you're not gonna get paid for the rest of the day."

The daughter, who wanted her name withheld fearing retribution from her employer, confirmed the story to us. "It was like at least 40 people," the daughter said. "People thought the script was nasty and they didn't wanna read it.".................................................. .....................

More: http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/dozens_of_call_center_workers.php

someone on here told me you served in every war since WW2. that right????

hjmick
10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Not even President yet and already Obama is costing people their jobs. :lol:

red states rule
10-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Not even President yet and already Obama is costing people their jobs. :lol:

Don't laugh. I am sure many companies are getting ready for an Obama administration. They see higher taxes and more regulation - so I would not be surprised if firms are cutting workers loose

namvet
10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Don't laugh. I am sure many companies are getting ready for an Obama administration. They see higher taxes and more regulation - so I would not be surprised if firms are cutting workers loose

and these jobs go overseas. they already are. co's can't afford these high fuel costs. it will be a jail break !!!!!

KitchenKitten99
10-28-2008, 10:09 AM

People who vote for Obama probably SHOULD be committed. I mean, many have that Bush-derangement syndrome, or whatever. Lord knows what they would do, should McCain win.

10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Oh well, then they cant exactly go around blaming anyone but themselves when they find themselves without a job in hard times.

Abbey Marie
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
We had a telemarketing company down the hall from where I worked for a few months. You should have seen the people who worked there. Loud, messy, no class. They would throw stuff on the floor and leave the women's bathroom an unholy mess every day. One woman used to floss her teeth, and left specks of food on the mirror every day.

When the company closed down, the place was clean again overnight. Oh, and they called a local news station to film their "protest" when the owner decided to close up shop.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 02:50 PM
We had a telemarketing company down the hall from where I worked for a few months. You should have seen the people who worked there. Loud, messy, no class. They would throw stuff on the floor and leave the women's bathroom an unholy mess every day. One woman used to floss her teeth, and left specks of food on the mirror every day.

When the company closed down, the place was clean again overnight. Oh, and they called a local news station to film their "protest" when the owner decided to close up shop.

I did not know Rev MFM was working in the same building as you Abbey :laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-28-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't know what anyone on this board told you, numbnuts, so I can't comment on that.

someone on here told me you served in every war since WW2. that right????

If you are asking whether I served in every war since WWII that would be a lie that someone might have told you. I have never said or intimated such a thing to anyone. As you already know, people will lie about most anything to you. That said, I am a veteran and I do have a fairly extensive military bio. I have shared much of it on this board and the predecessor to this board in casual conversation and in heated argument. I don't discuss it anymore other than to say that I am a veteran and an occasional remark when I deem appropriate to the conversation.

Thanks for asking and thanks for your service.

Can I buy you a beer??!?!?!???!??!??!

Psychoblues
10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Somehow I suspected that many of you lowlifes would turn this conversation into a shitslinging fest. You actually should be very proud that those good people had enough principle about them to refuse to do something they knew to be a lie and very wrong and effectively give up their jobs rather than to violate their own mores and values. You know, I am certain all of them had to look themselves in the mirror the next day and I am also certain that they could be very proud of the one looking back at them. That is true America and what true Americans are all about.

stephanie
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
get real...now their friggin HEROS because they REFUSED to do a job they were hired for...

you have got to be as nuts as they are..:coffee:

Psychoblues
10-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm glad to know how you feel about that, stevie.

get real...now their friggin HEROS because they REFUSED to do a job they were hired for...

you have got to be as nuts as they are..:coffee:

You're cool with telling lies and doing wrong things simply because you are getting paid for it. Got that!!!!!!!!!

red states rule
10-28-2008, 09:39 PM

You're cool with telling lies and doing wrong things simply because you are getting paid for it. Got that!!!!!!!!!

Steph would know nothing about that. She is not a liberal like you

You on the other hand, could hold training classes on how to lie and do wrong things - and would do it for free if it would help the Dem party

stephanie
10-28-2008, 09:40 PM

if they knew what the job was when they were hired, then all they are is losers....and they wouldn't quit on me, I'd fire their lame asses..and say, good riddence to bad rubbish