PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Owner Wants to Sell Team Before Obama Takes Office

red states rule
10-28-2008, 11:15 AM
This is opnly the beginning. Many investors will sell now before they have to pay higher taxes

Then when the higher taxes go into effect, there will be less investment and less economic growth

Billionaire Dolphins Owner Wants to Sell Team Before Obama Takes Office and His Taxes Go Up
October 27, 2008 8:08 PM

H. Wayne Huizenga -- one of the richest men in America -- wants to speed up his sale of 45% or more of the Miami Dolphins to Stephen Ross because he anticipates Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., will win and his taxes will go up, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

"I'd rather give it to charity than to him," Huizenga said. "If you do it this year or you do it next year, the difference is humongous because of the taxes."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/billionaire-dol.html

Joe Steel
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Billionaire Dolphins Owner Wants to Sell Team Before Obama Takes Office and His Taxes Go Up

Let him sell it. The fans don't care who owns it.

Noir
10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
what sort of idiot tries to sell something while saying that the smart move is to get out now? He is undermining the whole sale. Would you buy a house from a guy that ld you he was leavng cue it's value was gonna drop soon?

hjmick
10-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Let him sell it. The fans don't care who owns it.

They should care who owns the team. The right owner can make all the difference. You need look no further than Jerry Buss and Donald Sterling to see this.

Immanuel
10-28-2008, 01:40 PM
They should care who owns the team. The right owner can make all the difference. You need look no further than Jerry Buss and Donald Sterling to see this.

Look at the 49ers under Edward DeBartolo Jr and look at them now!

Man! What I, as a Niners fan, would not do to get DeBartolo back in control.

Immie

Abbey Marie
10-28-2008, 01:58 PM
what sort of idiot tries to sell something while saying that the smart move is to get out now? He is undermining the whole sale. Would you buy a house from a guy that ld you he was leavng cue it's value was gonna drop soon?

Ordinarily, I would agree with you, but for many, the dream of owning a major sports franchise transcends logic and common sense.

namvet
10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
This is opnly the beginning. Many investors will sell now before they have to pay higher taxes

Then when the higher taxes go into effect, there will be less investment and less economic growth

October 27, 2008 8:08 PM

H. Wayne Huizenga -- one of the richest men in America -- wants to speed up his sale of 45% or more of the Miami Dolphins to Stephen Ross because he anticipates Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., will win and his taxes will go up, the Sun-Sentinel reports.
and the fans DO care who owns it.

"I'd rather give it to charity than to him," Huizenga said. "If you do it this year or you do it next year, the difference is humongous because of the taxes."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/billionaire-dol.html

just read this in the Sun-Sentinel of Fort Lauderdale. Osama's is instilling fear in business's. large and small.

namvet
10-28-2008, 02:07 PM
the fans DO care who owns it.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 02:18 PM
The main point is, the owner wants to make the deal BEFORE he has to pay more in taxes

Alot of people will do the same thing. They will want to sell so they pay less in taxes

Noir
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
The main point is, the owner wants to make the deal BEFORE he has to pay more in taxes

Alot of people will do the same thing. They will want to sell so they pay less in taxes

So what's the problem? He wants to sell before the people ellect a pres. That will raise taxes on businesses, sound like logic and democracy to me.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 04:54 PM
So what's the problem? He wants to sell before the people ellect a pres. That will raise taxes on businesses, sound like logic and democracy to me.

Companies do not pay taxes. The customers of the business pay them

In this case, the owner wants to keep more of the profit form his investment - which does make sense

red states rule
10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I remember in 1994, a $47 million death tax burden forced the family of the late Joe Robbie to sell the remaining half of the Miami Dolphins

Only because the man died did the family have to sell the business

10-28-2008, 06:45 PM

He may already be selling it at a discount and the buyer may disagree on the value. It happens all the time.