PDA

View Full Version : a little confused

Nuc
03-21-2007, 07:24 AM
OK, I went away for a few months and when I came back USMB had been sold. Then debatepolicy.com started. There were a lot of defections and most people came over here. Then I went away again for a few weeks and USMB has been sold again :lame2: and most of the defectors have returned there including the owner (?) of this board. Where am I supposed to go, or should I just post on both boards?

jimnyc
03-21-2007, 07:32 AM
OK, I went away for a few months and when I came back USMB had been sold. Then debatepolicy.com started. There were a lot of defections and most people came over here. Then I went away again for a few weeks and USMB has been sold again :lame2: and most of the defectors have returned there including the owner (?) of this board. Where am I supposed to go, or should I just post on both boards?

I certainly have not returned there. I posted many times admittedly, but in defense of this board and my own actions. I have since dropped off and no longer wish to participate. I said my peace and am happy.

Anyone is free to participate where they choose, but I hope everyone will continue to stay with this community and help me make this community better than I had achieved with USMB before.

gabosaurus
03-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I actually like this board better. It is more confrontational, therefore better to present issues that inspire debate.
Plus, I am more beloved here. :cool:

Gaffer
03-21-2007, 09:50 PM
gaby has two issues. Bash Bush and support jihad. She's losing in both cases here.

SassyLady
03-22-2007, 01:35 AM
I actually like this board better. It is more confrontational, therefore better to present issues that inspire debate.
Plus, I am more beloved here. :cool:

Where have you ever seriously debated an issue on this board?

stephanie
03-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Where have you ever seriously debated an issue on this board?

Never.....

Throwing shit bombs on people is a hobby of some...
It doesnt work most of the times and you can see when it doesn't...

You'll see this come out.......when it doesn't.....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/thtantrumgr7.gif

:laugh2:

gabosaurus
03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
It's difficult to debate issues with closed-minded people. You try to make a point, and all you get in response are the echoing macaws:

Bwaack! Support Bush!
Bwaack! The war is good!
Bwaack! Liberals are traitors!
Bwaack! Kill the sand n*ggers!
Bwaack! Ditto Rush! Bwaack!

Dilloduck
03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
It's difficult to debate issues with closed-minded people. You try to make a point, and all you get in response are the echoing macaws:

Bwaack! Support Bush!
Bwaack! The war is good!
Bwaack! Liberals are traitors!
Bwaack! Kill the sand n*ggers!
Bwaack! Ditto Rush! Bwaack!

and vice versa---can you admit that BOTH "sides" are stuck on talking points ? If you can't then you will not be a part of the solution. The same old "you're wrong"--"no you're wrong" shit is boring as hell. If anyone is going to learn anything here, posters are going to have to move on. If they don't, the playground name calling continues.
Making an assertion without backing it up with some kind of truthful reasoning makes for a dull read and doesn't provoke me into making any thought out response. Emotional accusatory outbursts are boring.

Mr. P
03-22-2007, 03:20 PM
and vice versa---can you admit that BOTH "sides" are stuck on talking points ? If you can't then you will not be a part of the solution. The same old "you're wrong"--"no you're wrong" shit is boring as hell. If anyone is going to learn anything here, posters are going to have to move on. If they don't, the playground name calling continues.
Making an assertion without backing it up with some kind of truthful reasoning makes for a dull read and doesn't provoke me into making any thought out response. Emotional accusatory outbursts are boring.

and childish.

CSM
03-22-2007, 04:01 PM

and a waste of time

Roomy
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
and par for the course.

SassyLady
03-23-2007, 01:27 AM
and par for the course.

and so "yesterday"

gabosaurus
03-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Emotional accusatory outbursts are boring.

And so you read this board? :laugh2:

Dilloduck
03-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Emotional accusatory outbursts are boring.

And so you read this board? :laugh2:

No--unfortunately I read it less. I can just look at who posted it ad move on.