PDA

View Full Version : Judge rules Ohio voters may list park benches as addresses

red states rule
10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Open the door to massive voter fraud in Ohio, thanks to a Bill Clinton appointed Judge

Judge rules Ohio homeless voters may list park benches as addresses
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 1:32 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - A federal judge in Ohio has ruled that counties must allow homeless voters to list park benches and other locations that aren't buildings as their addresses.

U.S. District Judge Edmund Sargus also ruled that provisional ballots can't be invalidated because of poll worker errors.

Monday's ruling resolved the final two pieces of a settlement between the Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless and Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner.

The coalition agreed to drop a constitutional challenge to Ohio's voter identification law until after the Nov. 4 election. In return, Brunner and the coalition agreed on procedures to verify provisional ballots across all Ohio counties.

The coalition was concerned that unequal treatment of provisional ballots would disenfranchise some voters.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/10/28/ajudgerule.html?sid=101

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Ignorance and lack of common sense seems to have been a prerequisite for clinton appointees.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Ignorance and lack of common sense seems to have been a prerequisite for clinton appointees.

as well as doing whatever possible to help a Dem win an election

10-28-2008, 06:43 PM
I have a very hard time believing this one. I need to see the ruling.

red states rule
10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I have a very hard time believing this one. I need to see the ruling.

It is a true story. I have not been able to find the ruling online - but this Judge just gave the green light to groups like ACORN to keep doing their thing

namvet
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
a park bench is now a legal address. only a Klintonite could come with this. Ill bet ACORN is jumpin' fer joy...............

red states rule
10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
a park bench is now a legal address. only a Klintonite could come with this. Ill bet ACORN is jumpin' fer joy...............

and while jumping for joy, ACORN is submitting those filled out voting apps

namvet
10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
and while jumping for joy, ACORN is submitting those filled out voting apps

their probably painting nr's on every park bench in town. just to make it legal. is this election rigged or not....... christ.............

red states rule
10-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Obama is getting his base out

http://www.texaswatchdog.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ivotedtombstone.jpg

namvet
10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5108/tombstonevl6.jpg

red states rule
10-28-2008, 08:37 PM
http://frontpage.americandaughter.com/wp-images/embalm-the-vote.jpg

retiredman
10-28-2008, 09:09 PM
why should not having a home be a bar to voting? Are you suggesting that homeless people do not have the right to vote?

red states rule
10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
why should not having a home be a bar to voting? Are you suggesting that homeless people do not have the right to vote?

no, but a homeless shelter, a church, someplace that can vouch that you are in fact a citizen of Ohio would be nice. What the hell is going to stop Acorn from bussing in all the homeless people from neighboring states, giving them a sandwich and saying vote Obama, you get more after your vote? And they can all list the same park bench for address.

I wonder how many Obama supporters will claim to be homeless.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 06:17 AM
no, but a homeless shelter, a church, someplace that can vouch that you are in fact a citizen of Ohio would be nice. What the hell is going to stop Acorn from bussing in all the homeless people from neighboring states, giving them a sandwich and saying vote Obama, you get more after your vote? And they can all list the same park bench for address.

I wonder how many Obama supporters will claim to be homeless.

So... a homeless person who sleeps on the streets has no right to vote?

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 06:54 AM
he's not saying that. He says there needs to be a better way of tracking and accountability. Stop nitpicking.

Kathianne
10-29-2008, 06:56 AM
he's not saying that. He says there needs to be a better way of tracking and accounability. Stop nitpicking.

If it weren't for his enjoyment of twisting, he'd have nothing to post other than his obvious flames.

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 06:57 AM
If it weren't for his enjoyment of twisting, he'd have nothing to post other than his obvious flames.

yah i know. that is why i don't post as much anymore. Threads just spiral out of control and almost aren't worth posting on.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 07:11 AM
he's not saying that. He says there needs to be a better way of tracking and accountability. Stop nitpicking.

he says that they need an address other than a park bench. He is saying they need a church or a shelter to vouch for them or they should not be allowed to vote. That sounds to me like an attempt to disenfranchise homeless voters.

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 07:16 AM
So... a homeless person who sleeps on the streets has no right to vote?

Voting once is fine, but what is to keep a busload of ACORN people from Chicago voting early in Illinois and registering in Ohio under common names like Michael Smith with a residence of PB#3 in Cleveland, OH? There is a whole busload... or two... or three... or four... or five of Obama votes in what was once considered a Republican state. And two days later there is no Michael Smith sleeping on PB#3.

Oh, and thanks to Democrats, these people don't even need picture id's or any kind of ids to prove who they really are.

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 07:18 AM
he says that they need an address other than a park bench. He is saying they need a church or a shelter to vouch for them or they should not be allowed to vote. That sounds to me like an attempt to disenfranchise homeless voters.

This form the guy who had no problem tossing out the military votes, Again, if it helps the Dems you are for it. This opens the door for fraud on a huge scale

Once again, party first

red states rule
10-29-2008, 07:26 AM
and what kind of legal ID will the homeless present when they vote? Knowing how libs operate - the answer is NONE

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Voting once is fine, but what is to keep a busload of ACORN people from Chicago voting early in Illinois and registering in Ohio under common names like Michael Smith with a residence of PB#3 in Cleveland, OH? There is a whole busload... or two... or three... or four... or five of Obama votes in what was once considered a Republican state. And two days later there is no Michael Smith sleeping on PB#3.

Oh, and thanks to Democrats, these people don't even need picture id's or any kind of ids to prove who they really are.

Immie

there is nothing to stop them from doing that.... that doesn't change the fact that forcing homeless people to have a home before they vote is disenfranchising them. If voter fraud was SUCH a huge concern among republicans, they would support giving photo IDs to eligible voters. They do NOT..and the reason they do not is that they are far more concerned with suppressing the votes from the poor.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
This form the guy who had no problem tossing out the military votes, Again, if it helps the Dems you are for it. This opens the door for fraud on a huge scale

Once again, party first

I have NEVER supported tossing out military votes. I am, however, all for registrars and other public officials following the laws. I am glad theat the Virginia issue was settled so that those votes call all be counted. I voted absentee for 22 years in the Navy...I always requested my absentee ballots well in advance, and mailed them WELL in advance.

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
there is nothing to stop them from doing that.... that doesn't change the fact that forcing homeless people to have a home before they vote is disenfranchising them. If voter fraud was SUCH a huge concern among republicans, they would support giving photo IDs to eligible voters. They do NOT..and the reason they do not is that they are far more concerned with suppressing the votes from the poor.

no one is saying that they should have a home. Just that it is too easy to lie if all you have to do is list a park bench. and how many does a bench hold? can you list it more than once? and how do you make sure that it isn't the same person voting again on the other side of town? i don't want to turn anyone away from voting, in fact, I am half glad that they give these people a better chance to do it. But if you are going to make it easier for them, they also need to make the effort that it isn't abused.

for the ID part, I am all for a voeter ID card that is free to everyone. would make it much easier, especially if you just had to swipe it.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:08 AM

Bullshit. Libs are using this as a license to commit fraud. BTW, it is Dems who oppose the photo ID

In many states where Republicans have tried to pass such a law, it is Dems who opposed it. In GA, Republicans offered a free ID, delivered to the homes of voters - yet Dems refused

So do not sprew your shit Rev. Dems are out to steal Ohion no matter what it takes

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:08 AM
no one is saying that they should have a home. Just that it is too easy to lie if all you have to do is list a park bench. and how many does a bench hold? can you list it more than once? and how do you make sure that it isn't the same person voting again on the other side of town? i don't want to turn anyone away from voting, in fact, I am half glad that they give these people a better chance to do it. But if you are going to make it easier for them, they also need to make the effort that it isn't abused.

no doubt. I would suggest that the state issue photo IDs to those citizens who do not otherwise have one. How many republicans on this site are in favor of THAT?

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:10 AM
I have NEVER supported tossing out military votes. I am, however, all for registrars and other public officials following the laws. I am glad theat the Virginia issue was settled so that those votes call all be counted. I voted absentee for 22 years in the Navy...I always requested my absentee ballots well in advance, and mailed them WELL in advance.

You your very happy to see their votes tossed. Once again, party ahead of country. Make the troops prove who they are; they vote Republican - while the homeless can be used for fraud to help the Dems

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:14 AM
no doubt. I would suggest that the state issue photo IDs to those citizens who do not otherwise have one. How many republicans on this site are in favor of THAT?

Republicans are for photo ID's. Here is one examples on how your beloved Dems view it

Supreme Court Upholds Voter Identification Law in Indiana

By DAVID STOUT
Published: April 29, 2008
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court upheld Indiana’s voter-identification law on Monday, declaring that a requirement to produce photo identification is not unconstitutional and that the state has a “valid interest” in improving election procedures as well as deterring fraud.

Justices Indicate They May Uphold Voter ID Rules (January 10, 2008)
Text of the Opinion In a 6-to-3 ruling in one of the most awaited election-law cases in years, the court rejected arguments that Indiana’s law imposes unjustified burdens on people who are old, poor or members of minority groups and less likely to have driver’s licenses or other acceptable forms of identification. Because Indiana’s law is considered the strictest in the country, similar laws in the other 20 or so states that have photo-identification rules would appear to have a good chance of surviving scrutiny.

The ruling, coming just eight days before the Indiana primary and at the height of a presidential election campaign, upheld rulings by a Federal District Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, which had thrown out challenges to the 2005 law.

Justice John Paul Stevens, who announced the judgment of the court and wrote an opinion in which Chief John G. Roberts Jr. and Anthony M. Kennedy joined, alluded to — and brushed aside — complaints that the law benefits Republicans and works against Democrats, whose ranks are more likely to include poor people or those in minority groups.

The justifications for the law “should not be disregarded simply because partisan interests may have provided one motivation for the votes of individual legislators,” Justice Stevens wrote.

Justice Stevens and the two court members who joined him found that the Democrats and civil rights groups who attacked the law, seeking a declaration that it was unconstitutional on its face, had failed to meet the heavy burden required for such a “facial challenge” to prevail.

Perhaps, they suggested, the outcome could be different in another voter-rights case, one in which a plaintiff could show that his or her rights had been violated. That was the approach suggested by the Bush administration, whose solicitor general, Paul D. Clement, urged the court to wait for a lawsuit brought by someone was actually barred by the statute from casting a ballot.

Justices Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Samuel A. Alito Jr. concurred in the judgment of the court, but went further in rejecting the plaintiffs’ challenge. In an opinion by Justice Scalia, the three justices said, “The law should be upheld because its overall burden is minimal and justified.”

Indiana’s law allows voters who lack photo identification to cast a provisional ballot, then appear at their county courthouse within 10 days to show identification. Chief Justice Roberts, who grew up in Indiana, said during the argument of the case in January that such requirements are not onerous. The law also makes provisions for people in nursing homes.

Justices David H. Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen G. Breyer dissented. Justice Souter, in an opinion joined by Justice Ginsburg, said the Indiana law, which calls for a government-issued photo identification, like a driver’s license or passport, “threatens to impose nontrivial burdens on the voting rights of tens of thousands of the state’s citizens.”

Some Democrats have complained that those who succeeded in passing the law and fought on its behalf were citing problems that did not exist, because prosecutions for impersonating a registered voter are exceedingly rare, or non-existent. The real motivation of those behind the law was to hamper Democrats, those foes of the law have argued.

“This decision is a body blow to what America stands for — equal access to the polls,” said Senator Charles E. Schumer of New York, who leads the Democrats’ Senate election efforts. Other Democrats offered similar expressions of dismay. Ken Falk, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Indiana, which brought the case, told The Associated Press that he was “extremely disappointed.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/29/washington/28cnd-scotus.html

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
in your own words, then please tell the board that you support the state providing photo IDs to indigent homeless citizens who free of charge.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:21 AM
in your own words, then please tell the board that you support the state providing photo IDs to indigent homeless citizens who free of charge.

Now Rev MFM does not want to hear how his Dems are opposed to voter ID's :laugh2:

It must suck to see your party destroy your takling points on this topic

Here is your DNC Chairman on voter ID's Rev MFM

DNC Chairman Howard Dean Denounces Harmful Republican Voter ID Law in Missouri

May 18, 2006

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean issued the following statement in response to Republicans pushing restrictive voter ID measures in Missouri:

"Once again Republicans have succeeded in their efforts to disenfranchise lawful voters. This time Republicans in Missouri have enacted a restrictive law that would require eligible voters to present a state issued photo ID when going to the polls to vote. Current law allows voters to present other forms of ID including utility bills, bank statements, or a paycheck. To justify these restrictive measures, Republicans are falsely claiming that voter fraud continues to be a big problem.

"This law is so restrictive that eligible voters will be denied access to the polls even if they present a voter registration card. To make matters worse voter ID laws also disproportionately affect rural voters, seniors, minorities, disabled voters and young people who often have a harder time obtaining a state issued photo identification.

"Democrats believe that we should be making it easier not harder for all Americans to exercise the right to vote. For years voters have gone to the polls and voted without photo ID and there has been no evidence of wide-spread voter fraud. Instead of working to disenfranchise legally eligible voters Republicans should join Democrats in expanding and protecting the rights of all Americans to vote."

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/howard-dean-demands-voter-fraud

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:23 AM

what's the matter RSR?? cat got your tongue??

Just state that you support states providing photo IDs free of charge. I will JOIN you in supporting that.

Can you do that, or not?

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
it doesn't add anything if you don't give what he ask for RSR. not saying that you do, but if you are finding all of this and believe in it, just say it. just because other dems don't support it doesn't mean he doesn't. just like i support free cards but not everyone else does.

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM

Thank you very much for admitting that.

The idea of someone doing that is extremely disturbing to me. I would like to believe that in politics everyone is honest and no one would stoop to such low down cheating (and the Obama camp doesn't even necessarily have to have a part in it) ways. But, I am certain both sides of the political spectrum will and do cheat when they can get away with it.

I believe that everyone should be required to produce a picture id when voting and that if a person can't afford one, then the country should provide one. Hell, we provide attorneys for an accused person why can't we provide ids for voters?

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
it doesn't add anything if you don't give what he ask for RSR. not saying that you do, but if you are finding all of this and believe in it, just say it. just because other dems don't support it doesn't mean he doesn't. just like i support free cards but not everyone else does.

I find it typical MFM bellows for Republcians to provide free voter id's when at the same time, party opposes it

Then he ignores it - because it proves his rant about Republicans wanting to supress the votes of the "poor"

I do want voter ID's. I want everyone who can vote leagally to vote. This ruling in Ohio is another example of the Dems trying to steal an election. Even though we have been told Obama is a slam dunk

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
I find it typical MFM bellows for Republcians to provide free voter id's when at the same time, party opposes it

Then he ignores it - because it proves his rant about Republicans wanting to supress the votes of the "poor"

I do want voter ID's. I want everyone who can vote leagally to vote. This ruling in Ohio is another example of the Dems trying to steal an election. Even though we have been told Obama is a slam dunk

do you, or do you NOT support teh state providing photo ID's free of charge to those citizens that do not otherwise have them?

simple question.

do you HAVE a simple answer????:laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:34 AM
do you, or do you NOT support teh state providing photo ID's free of charge to those citizens that do not otherwise have them?

simple question.

do you HAVE a simple answer????:laugh2:

Can you read? I said I want anyone who can legally vote to vote with ID's

Meanwhile, your paty sues to stop ID's

Ga. Democracts sue over voter ID law

By STEVE VISSER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 05/29/08

Georgia Democrats just can't take no for an answer.

Despite a recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court upholding the constitutionality of requiring voters to produce state-issued picture IDs at the polls, the Democratic Party of Georgia has filed a new lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the state's voter ID law.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/2008/05/29/voter_id_lawsuit.html

So tell us again Rev MFM how it is Republcians who want to suppress the votes of the "poor" :laugh2:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Can you read? I said I want anyone who can legally vote to vote with ID's

Meanwhile, your paty sues to stop ID's

Ga. Democracts sue over voter ID law

By STEVE VISSER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 05/29/08

Georgia Democrats just can't take no for an answer.

Despite a recent ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court upholding the constitutionality of requiring voters to produce state-issued picture IDs at the polls, the Democratic Party of Georgia has filed a new lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the state's voter ID law.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/2008/05/29/voter_id_lawsuit.html

So tell us again Rev MFM how it is Republcians who want to suppress the votes of the "poor" :laugh2:

So...you support the state providing FREE photo ID's to all voters who need them?

I believe that the Georgia law does not provide the IDs free of charge.

If it DOES, then I completely disagree with those democrats who would try to stop that law.

Again...do you or do you not support FREE photo IDs for voters?

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
So...you support the state providing FREE photo ID's to all voters who need them?

I believe that the Georgia law does not provide the IDs free of charge.

If it DOES, then I completely disagree with those democrats who would try to stop that law.

Again...do you or do you not support FREE photo IDs for voters?

The Ga law does provide the ID's for free as it does in most bills written by Republicans

I said I want voter ID's - the problem Dems have with the law is they have to PROCE who they are and where they live

It cuts in to their usual tactics of voter fraud

Strange how your party does not want the ID's for all voters. Do they have something to fear when Dem voters have to prove they can legally vote?

retiredman
10-29-2008, 08:42 AM
The Ga law does provide the ID's for free as it does in most bills written by Republicans

I said I want voter ID's - the problem Dems have with the law is they have to PROCE who they are and where they live

Strange how your party does not want the ID's for all voters. Do they have something to fear when Dem voters have to prove they can legally vote?

I do not intend to believe that the Georgia law provides photo ID's free of charge simply because you CLAIM it does. Provide a link if you have one to the text that indicates that the ID's are free to voters.

And again....how would you prove who you were and where you lived if you were indigent and homeless?

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 08:44 AM

You do not have to PROVE who you are in Florida to vote. I am not positive of this next statement, but I'm pretty sure I am right. No state requires legal proof of the right to vote when registering.

When I registered to vote in Florida, I had to sign an affadavit on the card on the penalty of perjury stating that I was legally eligible to vote. Had I lied, I was criminally liable. But, I did not have to provide so much as a driver's license to prove who I was.

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
I do not intend to believe that the Georgia law provides photo ID's free of charge simply because you CLAIM it does. Provide a link if you have one to the text that indicates that the ID's are free to voters.

And again....how would you prove who you were and where you lived if you were indigent and homeless?

Wrong. The fee, which was in the original bill, was dropped

One must prove who they are to get an ID. The government can't issue ID's to people who can't prove their identity. Is that going to be your out?

NAACP Files Lawsuit Against New Georgia Voter ID Law

In 1996, voters in Georgia were not required to present any form of identification as a condition of voting. By 1997, the Georgia Voting ID Law required that voters present one of 17 different types of identification (including birth certificates and Social Security cards) to be able to vote.

Then in 2005, the General Assembly of Georgia adopted Act 53, which required all registered voters in Georgia who vote in person in primary, special or general elections for state, national and local offices to present one of six forms of government-issued photographic identification to election officials as a condition of being admitted to the polls and before being issued a ballot and allowed to vote.

The NAACP has been at the forefront of efforts to overturn this law, which opponents say violates the civil rights of the citizens of Georgia. At the same time that the General Assembly passed this law, it also doubled the minimum fee for a photo ID from $10 to $20 for a 5-year ID. The fee has since been eliminated and counties will issue free voter ID cards to registered voters who do not have government-issued photo identification.

"There are older people that don't drive anymore that don't have this type of ID," says Deane Bonner, president of the Cobb County, Ga., chapter of the NAACP.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4081/is_/ai_n16743069

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:12 AM

canyou answer this question or not?

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:14 AM

The burden of proof falls on the person to prove who they are

No comment on Dems opposing FREE ID's? You said you doubted they were free

Gaffer
10-29-2008, 09:29 AM

How does the indigent get hiss redistribution check if he doesn't have an address? And how does he cash it without an ID?

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:33 AM
How does the indigent get hiss redistribution check if he doesn't have an address? And how does he cash it without an ID?

Don't worry, ACORN will issue official ID cards.

Gaffer
10-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Don't worry, ACORN will issue official ID cards.

for a small fee. :laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:38 AM

and you get a bottle of wine or pack of cigarettes with your ID card

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 09:49 AM

A vote for Obama on this absentee ballot will do. :laugh2:

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM
A vote for Obama on this absentee ballot will do. :laugh2:

Immie

My name is Justin Time; I reside at the corner of Partick and Main St; the red bench in front of the the Burger King joint - and I am voting for Sen Obama

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
The burden of proof falls on the person to prove who they are

No comment on Dems opposing FREE ID's? You said you doubted they were free

nothing in your cut and paste stated that democrats opposed FREE ID's.

"The NAACP has been at the forefront of efforts to overturn this law, which opponents say violates the civil rights of the citizens of Georgia. At the same time that the General Assembly passed this law, it also doubled the minimum fee for a photo ID from $10 to $20 for a 5-year ID. The fee has since been eliminated and counties will issue free voter ID cards to registered voters who do not have government-issued photo identification."

And I am already on record supporting them. And again... how does a homeless indigent citizen without a photo ID prove his identity?

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
nothing in your cut and paste stated that democrats opposed FREE ID's.

"The NAACP has been at the forefront of efforts to overturn this law, which opponents say violates the civil rights of the citizens of Georgia. At the same time that the General Assembly passed this law, it also doubled the minimum fee for a photo ID from $10 to $20 for a 5-year ID. The fee has since been eliminated and counties will issue free voter ID cards to registered voters who do not have government-issued photo identification."

And I am already on record supporting them. And again... how does a homeless indigent citizen without a photo ID prove his identity?

Look Rev, even after the fee was dropped Dems STILL opposed it. I can understand why. Looking at aklkl the fraud going on - it is the only way Dems can get their voters out

With a litle help form ACORN, one homeless man can submit several apps, and go around to different voting places on election day and vote many times

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Look Rev, even after the fee was dropped Dems STILL opposed it. I can understand why. Looking at aklkl the fraud going on - it is the only way Dems can get their voters out

With a litle help form ACORN, one homeless man can submit several apps, and go around to different voting places on election day and vote many times

I don't see anything in your link that shows that after the fee was dropped that anyone opposed it. And, if they DID, I disagree with them. I do NOT oppose FREE photo ID's.

And I have yet to hear an answer as to how an indigent, homeless person without a photo ID is supposed to prove his identity to your satisfaction and an explanation as to why that is not disenfranchisement.

Gaffer
10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't see anything in your link that shows that after the fee was dropped that anyone opposed it. And, if they DID, I disagree with them. I do NOT oppose FREE photo ID's.

And I have yet to hear an answer as to how an indigent, homeless person without a photo ID is supposed to prove his identity to your satisfaction and an explanation as to why that is not disenfranchisement.

How does he prove who he is when he gets the photo ID? How easy is it to go to different agencies and register for an ID using different names? Most agencies when registering people ask for a utility bill showing residence. A birth certificate or SS card are also required. There has to be something to show who they are.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
How does he prove who he is when he gets the photo ID? How easy is it to go to different agencies and register for an ID using different names? Most agencies when registering people ask for a utility bill showing residence. A birth certificate or SS card are also required. There has to be something to show who they are.

so...you ARE in favor of disenfranchising homeless indigent citizens. Why not just be a man and say so?

Gaffer
10-29-2008, 11:04 AM
so...you ARE in favor of disenfranchising homeless indigent citizens. Why not just be a man and say so?

So when you go to the polls and they tell you you have already voted, are you just going to shrug it off? Some guy walked in claiming your name and voted because they didn't check an ID. Or he had an ID with your name. Who has been disenfranchised here?

I'm in favor of having voter ID's and a verification of who the person is. A homeless wino off the street who's given a bottle and cigarettes to ride along and vote under an assumed name is fraud. He could care less who is elected. He just wants his pay. After the election he'll be back to begging on the street and no one will give a shit about him until the next election.

Someone that is homeless and down on their luck will have some form of ID or be willing to get one.

Fraud is rampant and its liberal inspired.

Sitarro
10-29-2008, 11:37 AM

You are only on the homeless side because you know they will vote for your pandering pile of slimy shit, Barry Hussein Obamasama. Why would anyone think that the vote of the ignorant is important? I am sure you are in favor of votes for insane asylum inhabitants and death row inmates. What is truly sick is that these are odimwit's constituents, that is the loser garbage he courts. You jerks are responsible for lowering the bar to where a centipede could get over it. Your kind reelect Barney Frank, Robert Byrd, Ted "hic" Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer, Chris Dodd, etc.......... and you are sick enough to be proud of these incompetent fools. Republicans would have thrown these assholes out and would never run an arrogant muslim shithead like osamabama. It is obvious you are a pathetic head case yourself and the military is a lot safer now that you aren't cooking for the Navy any more........ they were very smart for kicking you off the boat.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
10-29-2008, 11:47 AM

I am, why should they vote? Why would you be worried about them voting? For that matter, why should it be important to round up people that didn't care enough to get registered on their own to vote, who cares what their uneducated, ignorant opinion is? You are lying just as all Dimocrits are when you say you give a shit about them, you are merely trying to secure an easy vote. You people cheat every voting cycle and then turn around and lie about the Republicans supposedly cheating. That's why I would never play golf with you, golf isn't a game for liars and cheats, I am disgusted having a cheater in the foursome.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I am, why should they vote? Why would you be worried about them voting? For that matter, why should it be important to round up people that didn't care enough to get registered on their own to vote, who cares what their uneducated, ignorant opinion is? You are lying just as all Dimocrits are when you say you give a shit about them, you are merely trying to secure an easy vote. You people cheat every voting cycle and then turn around and lie about the Republicans supposedly cheating. That's why I would never play golf with you, golf isn't a game for liars and cheats, I am disgusted having a cheater in the foursome.

MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HOMELESS HAS A VERY LENTHY CRIMINAL RECORDS that made them unacceptable to possible employers, and it is also the main reason to why their very own family abandonded them.

People like Rev MFM are NOT getting the whole "voter fraud" idea or they are just ignoring the possibilities.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:22 PM
MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HOMELESS HAS A VERY LENTHY CRIMINAL RECORDS that made them unacceptable to possible employers, and it is also the main reason to why their very own family abandonded them.

People like Rev MFM are NOT getting the whole "voter fraud" idea or they are just ignoring the possibilities.

glad to see that you both have admitted that homeless people should be disenfranchised. Why don't either of you have the fucking balls to just come out and say it?????

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:24 PM
glad to see that you both have admitted that homeless people should be disenfranchised. Why don't either of you have the fucking balls to just come out and say it?????

You will take away the right of the troops to vote, but lok the other way when homeless people are used to commit fraud

So liberal of you Rev

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:27 PM
You will take away the right of the troops to vote, but lok the other way when homeless people are used to commit fraud

So liberal of you Rev
I have NEVER taken the right of the troops to vote away, you spineless fucking asshole...and I think it is cute that you continually bombard me with negative reputation dingers every 24 hours without fail. If you can't best me in debates. use other means, I guess. Fucking pussy.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I have NEVER taken the right of the troops to vote away, you spineless fucking asshole...and I think it is cute that you continually bombard me with negative reputation dingers every 24 hours without fail. If you can't best me in debates. use other means, I guess. Fucking pussy.

When you lie, and act like an asshole you get dinged. Looking at your ever incresing neg rep you are doing very well at it

Funny how you posted you did not care about rep - or was that another lie as well?

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:45 PM
When you lie, and act like an asshole you get dinged. Looking at your ever incresing neg rep you are doing very well at it

Funny how you posted you did not care about rep - or was that another lie as well?

I have never supported taking away the right of the troops to vote. Funny how, on a more balanced board, like USMB, my rep is MUCH bigger than yours.... but I KNOW you like to compare the size of your rep here... much like a faggot like to compare the size of his dick in some gay bath house....I ain't playin' THAT game, you fucking homo!:laugh2:

10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I have never supported taking away the right of the troops to vote. Funny how, on a more balanced board, like USMB, my rep is MUCH bigger than yours.... but I KNOW you like to compare the size of your rep here... much like a faggot like to compare the size of his dick in some gay bath house....I ain't playin' THAT game, you fucking homo!:laugh2:

Then why support politicians that do?

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM

I have not been on the other board for years dildo

As far as rep, I do not brag about it. It comes up when you whine about your neg rep. Get use it Rev, you worked damn hard for what you have and earned every point

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:53 PM
I have not been on the other board for years dildo

As far as rep, I do not brag about it. It comes up when you whine about your neg rep. Get use it Rev, you worked damn hard for what you have and earned every point

if my negative rep points from you are a good thing, and I certainly think they are - coming as regularly as clockwork as they do - then I do not have any problem with them at all. Negative reputation points from a total ignorant douchebag like you are badges of honor to me....much like the $500 you owe me from the 2006 election that I KNEW going in you would never honor....because you are, clearly, without honor and without intelligence, and, apparently, without the resources to honor your debts!:laugh2:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Then why support politicians that do?

I don't support any politician who want to take away the rights of troops to vote.

I DO however, support any politician who supports playing by the rules.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:56 PM
if my negative rep points from you are a good thing, and I certainly think they are - coming as regularly as clockwork as they do - then I do not have any problem with them at all. Negative reputation points from a total ignorant douchebag like you are badges of honor to me....much like the $500 you owe me from the 2006 election that I KNEW going in you would never honor....because you are, clearly, without honor and without intelligence, and, apparently, without the resources to honor your debts!:laugh2:

Lying is becoming a habit for you Rev. You should seek spirtual help from someone

If you are a preacher your church is really either very desperate or very undemanding

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Lying is becoming a habit for you Rev. You should seek spirtual help from someone

If you are a preacher your church is really either very desperate or very undemanding

I am not lying. YOU bet ME $500 that the democrats would not gain seats in the house and senate in 2006. After we made the bet, you said, that, if you lost, you would donate your winnings to an animal shelter. I never agreed to any such thing. I won. YOu did NOT pay up. YOu are a lying, bet welching, scum bag. That is a fact.:laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I am not lying. YOU bet ME $500 that the democrats would not gain seats in the house and senate in 2006. After we made the bet, you said, that, if you lost, you would donate your winnings to an animal shelter. I never agreed to any such thing. I won. YOu did NOT pay up. YOu are a lying, bet welching, scum bag. That is a fact.:laugh2:

Rev V, you are talking about this election - and you changed the terms

Please seek redemption before it is to late

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a reasonable decision to me if allowing eligible voters to actually vote is your main consideration. Why would anyone want to deny them? You know there was a time when women couldn't vote and in some cases there seems to be resistance for them voting now. Tsk, tsk. This is 2008. Americans can do better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Rev V, you are talking about this election - and you changed the terms

Please seek redemption before it is to late

I did not change the terms...YOU did...AFTER we made the bet.

you are a scum bag, bet welching asshole. that is proven.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I did not change the terms...YOU did...AFTER we made the bet.

you are a scum bag, bet welching asshole. that is proven.

You lied about it being 2006 - and now lying about you changing the terms. You can't keep anything straight Rev V

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:11 PM
You lied about it being 2006 - and now lying about you changing the terms. You can't keep anything straight Rev V

bullshit. we bet on democrats increasing their seats in both the house and the senate in 2006. YOU lost and welched on the bet.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:16 PM
bullshit. we bet on democrats increasing their seats in both the house and the senate in 2006. YOU lost and welched on the bet.

You go to hell for lying like you do for stealing. Your spot is waiting for you Rev V

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
You go to hell for lying like you do for stealing. Your spot is waiting for you Rev V

you know I am telling the truth. Jimnyc even agreed with me.

YOU bet, and then welched on your bet. I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:21 PM
you know I am telling the truth. Jimnyc even agreed with me.

YOU bet, and then welched on your bet. I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

Sio it was from the 2006 election eh? You did not change the term eh?

Busted Rev V

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11830

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 10:22 PM
mfm, you know probably better than anyone here what a scumbag rsr is. You don't have to prove it or even consider it. Facts are facts and rsr runs from them at every opportunity.

Have some Holy Water

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:25 PM
mfm, you know probably better than anyone here what a scumbag rsr is. You don't have to prove it or even consider it. Facts are facts and rsr runs from them at every opportunity.

Have some Holy Water

You must not have read his own thread. I just proved him a liar - like I did to you on several threads

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Sio it was from the 2006 election eh? You did not change the term eh?

Busted Rev V

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=11830

Gosh... I guess you are right. You will not owe me the $500 until next Tuesday.

I am fine with that.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Gosh... I guess you are right. You will not owe me the $500 until next Tuesday.

I am fine with that.

You do have a hard time keeping up with all the lies you toss out don't you V?

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:32 PM
You do have a hard time keeping up with all the lies you toss out don't you V?

I admitted that I made a mistake and that our bet is indeed for 2008. When will YOU admit that you have welched on our bet and have no intention of honoring it?

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 10:45 PM
What I'm trying to say, mfm, is to stop your senseless pissing contests and stop asking, begging and poormouthing about them, rsr, yuk and others. Demand from them the truth and facts. As they present real facts they are diminished in philosophy as well as personal ideolgy. The facts remain that you and I and millions of others understand and embrace the American Dream and our foremost purpose is to advance that conception as clearly identified by our founders, our forefathers and Our God. These heretics really don't count and shouldn't count, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Can I get you a Sasparilly?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
What I'm trying to say, mfm, is to stop your senseless pissing contests and stop asking, begging and poormouthing about them, rsr, yuk and others. Demand from them the truth and facts. As they present real facts they are diminished in philosophy as well as personal ideolgy. The facts remain that you and I and millions of others understand and embrace the American Dream and our foremost purpose is to advance that conception as clearly identified by our founders, our forefathers and Our God. These heretics really don't count and shouldn't count, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Can I get you a Sasparilly?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I agree!

at this hour, only a Famous Grouse will do!

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 11:13 PM
Famous Grouse?!?!?!??????!?!?!?!?

I agree!

at this hour, only a Famous Grouse will do!

It may take a moment but the barkeep is checking the closest Liguor Store and if we can we will provide you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!