PDA

View Full Version : Fyi

Silver
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
In case you missed this week's issue of the Army or Navy Times here are the results of the poll of Military personnel re the election (in percent):

McCain Obama

Overall 68 23

Army 68 23

Navy 69 24

Air Force 67 20

Marines 75 18

Retirees 72 20

White Non-Hispanic 76 17

Hispanic 63 27

Black/African-American 12 79 (highest % on the page)

Enlisted 67 24

Officers 70 22

Somehow I missed seeing this in the New York Times.

Don't think this will turn the tide but at least we know who the armed forces want for commander in chief.

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Interesting they should check all veterans too. I bet it would be similar.

retiredman
10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
the great thing about the military is that they go do their job with great professionalism regardless of the identity of the commander in chief.

that's a fact.

Gaffer
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
the great thing about the military is that they go do their job with great professionalism regardless of the identity of the commander in chief.

that's a fact.

But if they don't respect the CIC they will get out when their time is up. With the messiah in charge reenlistment's will drop drastically. The career soldiers are the backbone of the military.

retiredman
10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
But if they don't respect the CIC they will get out when their time is up. With the messiah in charge reenlistment's will drop drastically. The career soldiers are the backbone of the military.

guys don't typically get out of the military because who is in the white house.... mostly, they get out because their immediate chain of command is lousy, or their deployment rotation is too arduous or they think the grass is greener in the civilian world. I raised my hand when LBJ was president and I got out when Clinton was president. the ONLY times I ever thought about leaving the service had to do with commanding officers or lucrative civilian offers....NEVER because of the CinC. Career soldiers - and sailors - are in for the long haul.