PDA

View Full Version : Board Upgrade

jimnyc
10-29-2008, 04:51 AM
I just completed upgrading the board to the latest secure version of vBulletin. The only change worth noting to our members is a new password security option - whereas this version will not allow members to have their username and their password the same.

New users will be notified as such when registering. Existing members will be forced to change their password upon their next logon if they are identical.

Please shoot me a PM if you have any concerns or questions, or if you experience any issues with the latest upgrade.

jimnyc
10-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Additionally, I have installed a new "hack" called "meet our staff".

If you look along the navigation bar at the top of the forum where you can click on "User CP" - "FAQ" - look just to the right of "Calendar" and you will see a new option titled "Meet Our Staff".

This will bring you to a direct page listing each staff member, part of their profile, and easy access to contact any of them. I understand we already have a "View Forum Leaders" at the bottom of the board, but many are unaware of it and never know truly who are staff members, plus this one is a bit nicer. Nothing major, but hopefully it will help newbies that might have trouble contacting a staff member with an issue.

jimnyc
10-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Almost forgot...

I want to send out a special THANK YOU to both Red States Rule and Crin63 who have both donated to the board recently, and both have donated before.

Their generosity allowed me to renew my access to be able to download vB updates for another year! It doesn't sound like much, but vB is constantly releasing newer versions that not only contain new features, but also contain security updates.