PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Worshipers - Forget Work and School on Election Day

red states rule
10-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Now the Lord Obama want his followers to tell their bosses and teachers to give them the day off so they can vote

I guess the Chosen One wants to make sure all his ACORN people have time to travel from precinct to precinct to cast their votes during the day

Obama Video Says You Should Take Election Day Off

Last Edited: Tuesday, 28 Oct 2008, 3:04 PM EDT
Created: Tuesday, 28 Oct 2008, 2:28 PM EDT

The video, which is posted on both the Obama website and You Tube, encourages Americans to take the day off on Election Day and help get out the vote. Are you working on Election Day?

A new video put out by Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama says you should take the day off! The video, which is posted on Obama's website as well as on YouTube, encourages Americans to stay home from work or school on Election Day and help him get out the vote by making calls and knocking on doors.

Workers are encouraged to 'Talk to your boss' because 'You can't make history from here'-- referring to your desk at the office.

Watch the video, then vote in our poll and tell us whether you're taking the day off on Election Day

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7739418&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

krisy
10-29-2008, 07:58 AM
And this is the guy that is in touch with the economy?!!!!! Give me a break. My husband and I cannot afford to take one day off of work that we don't have to. To tell people to take off to vote,which takes all of 5 minutes is just irresponsible.

My daughter's elementary school is a polling place and apparently they have decided to close the school this year for election day. That's just great!!!! Now I have to either take her to work with me or ask my mom to watch her. Taking off is not an option with our budget.

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 08:00 AM
It's not just a day off to vote. After you vote, he wants you to join phone banks and such to make sure that everyone else is getting out there and voting.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:01 AM
And this is the guy that is in touch with the economy?!!!!! Give me a break. My husband and I cannot afford to take one day off of work that we don't have to. To tell people to take off to vote,which takes all of 5 minutes is just irresponsible.

My daughter's elementary school is a polling place and apparently they have decided to close the school this year for election day. That's just great!!!! Now I have to either take her to work with me or ask my mom to watch her. Taking off is not an option with our budget.

I am sure Lord Obama would demand you get the time off with pay.

But it is funny watching the liberal mind work Krisy

krisy
10-29-2008, 08:09 AM
I am sure Lord Obama would demand you get the time off with pay.

But it is funny watching the liberal mind work Krisy

Heehee. I would love to see him demand that of my boss. She's a Democrat and a tight ass.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Heehee. I would love to see him demand that of my boss. She's a Democrat and a tight ass.

Being a Dem and a tight ass go hand in hand :laugh2:

Maybe she would go for it since the demand comes form the Chosen One

Yurt
10-29-2008, 09:51 AM
what a moron, polling stations, at least around here, are open a couple of hours before work and a few hours after

something is not right about this

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:53 AM
what a moron, polling stations, at least around here, are open a couple of hours before work and a few hours after

Here they are open from 7AM to 7PM

If you can't find time to vote, then you really do not care about casting your vote

stephanie
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
anyone notice, you don't get nothing from the littler Marxist, unless you do something for him in return..

that's going to be your lives when you vote in this person..He will tell you if you worked hard enough for you to get your rewards...food, shelter, monies..

sounds like Utopia to me..:dance:

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM

Personally, I think the polls in every state should open at mid-night ET (or pick any particular time that is convenient) and close exactly 24 hours later in every state. That way we don't have the media announcing that Obama has won before the polls close in the Midwest and all those farmers decide to go to bed rather than vote for a loser.

Immie.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:59 AM
anyone notice, you don't get nothing from the littler Marxist, unless you do something for him in return..

that's going to be your lives when you vote in this person..He will tell you if you worked hard enough for you to get your rewards...food, shelter, monies..

sounds like Utopia to me..:dance:

With Lord Obama, if you work hard you will be punished. The producers will have more of their money taken away for them out of "fairness"

He wants you to be dependent on him for your handoutsl and to do as he tells you

Obama is nothing more then a slick talking drug dealer. Be loyal to me, sell yourself to the party - and I will "take care of you"

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:45 AM
It's not just a day off to vote. After you vote, he wants you to join phone banks and such to make sure that everyone else is getting out there and voting.

that is democracy in action, is it not? what is wrong with a candidate attempting to energize his GOTV efforts?

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
that is democracy in action, is it not? what is wrong with a candidate attempting to energize his GOTV efforts?

I know, wasn't saying anything bad about it. Was just trying to keep it from going to where people thinking that it was just to vote.

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Schools always close for election day. Teachers, students, and federal employees already get off. It would be nice if everyone could.

Sitarro
10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Schools always close for election day. Teachers, students, and federal employees already get off. It would be nice if everyone could.

Gee, it would be nice if we wouldn't have to work, just hang out all day texting each other, everything would be free, nothing would be illegal, wouldn't need to do or learn anything.We could just basically be veggies......... a Dimwitocrat's Utopia. I bet blacks would still whine about racism and how white people were taking advantage of all of the free stuff.

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Gee, it would be nice if we wouldn't have to work, just hang out all day texting each other, everything would be free, nothing would be illegal, wouldn't need to do or learn anything.We could just basically be veggies......... a Dimwitocrat's Utopia.

Hey, when those more edumakatied Peeplez tell me to do sumtin, I's be a doing it right now! We elected them to office for a reason.

stephanie
10-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Gee, it would be nice if we wouldn't have to work, just hang out all day texting each other, everything would be free, nothing would be illegal, wouldn't need to do or learn anything.We could just basically be veggies......... a Dimwitocrat's Utopia.

:laugh2:

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Gee, it would be nice if we wouldn't have to work, just hang out all day texting each other, everything would be free, nothing would be illegal, wouldn't need to do or learn anything.We could just basically be veggies......... a Dimwitocrat's Utopia. I bet blacks would still whine about racism and how white people were taking advantage of all of the free stuff.

The idea of living off the support of the government could be appealing. Sit around all day, drinking beer and being lazy without a care in the world... hmmm, maybe I should consider voting for Obama. I mean, after all, if he's going to redistribute wealth, I am certain to be richer after he's done than I am now with all those rich poeple's money!

Immie

Trigg
10-29-2008, 12:15 PM

What schools close for election day????? NONE around here....they never have.

According to this web sight there is no federal holiday for the election. There is no reason for people to have this day off....even if they are voting for bambam.

http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/fedhol/2008.asp

Sitarro
10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
The idea of living off the support of the government could be appealing. Sit around all day, drinking beer and being lazy without a care in the world... hmmm, maybe I should consider voting for Obama. I mean, after all, if he's going to redistribute wealth, I am certain to be richer after he's done than I am now with all those rich poeple's money!

Immie

I see it at work everyday, there are those that would love to just sit there wasting time and collecting a check. There are also the people that can't sit still wasting time, it's not in their DNA, they must be accomplishing something. I know I would much rather be very busy than sitting around for 8 hours, those 8 hours would seem like 16 to me.

The ones that want to do nothing overwhelmingly support Lord Osamabama. I don't need anyone telling me what to do, I see a need and do it whether it's my job or not.

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 12:22 PM

According to this web sight there is no federal holiday for the election. There is no reason for people to have this day off....even if they are voting for bambam.

I'd like to know what schools get off for election day as well.

I never did in school and as far as I know, my son has school this coming election day. I'll have to check with him later to make sure he doesn't have Tuesday off.

Also, I don't think Federal Employees have it off either. I sure as heck expect my mail Tuesday.

Immie

Sitarro
10-29-2008, 12:26 PM

I wouldn't doubt that Osamabama would like to change the day we vote to Martin Luther King Day.......... no, he would want to start a new holiday, Karl Marx's birthday, get rid of President's day and eventually just have an Osamabama week off, payed for by the wealthy of course.

stephanie
10-29-2008, 12:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing..I've never lived anywhere where the schools close...:dunno:

Abbey Marie
10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing..I've never lived anywhere where the schools close...:dunno:

Me neither. :dunno:

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I'd like to know what schools get off for election day as well.

I never did in school and as far as I know, my son has school this coming election day. I'll have to check with him later to make sure he doesn't have Tuesday off.

Also, I don't think Federal Employees have it off either. I sure as heck expect my mail Tuesday.

Immie

All the schools in Kentucky are closed elections day, every one and many of the banks. I'm off tuesday so is my brother in highschool. Never gone to school on election day.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
elections should be national holidays, imho

Trigg
10-29-2008, 12:49 PM
All the schools in Kentucky are closed elections day, every one and many of the banks. I'm off tuesday so is my brother in highschool. Never gone to school on election day.

They aren't around here, we're still going to get our mail and as far as I know the banks are all going to be open.

I've lived in 4 different states and never gotten election day off from work or school.

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Too bad, I assumed all the schools got off, guess not. Free day for me tuesday anyway.

Abbey Marie
10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Why should elementary through high school be closed, since almost no one there can vote anyway?

Btw, we vote at our daughter's high school while school is in session, and it all runs smoothly.

Trigg
10-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Too bad, I assumed all the schools got off, guess not. Free day for me tuesday anyway.

Well now you're just bragging. :poke:

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 01:00 PM
University Holidays 2008

Presidential Election Day Nov. 4, 2008 Tuesday

http://louisville.edu/calendars/holidays.html

No School Days

November 4, 2008 Records Day/Presidential Election Day

http://216.198.240.197/opns/calendars.asp

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Well now you're just bragging. :poke:

maybe you just live in a crappy state Trigg. every though of that? huh? didja? :poke:

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 01:13 PM
University Holidays 2008

Presidential Election Day Nov. 4, 2008 Tuesday

http://louisville.edu/calendars/holidays.html

No School Days

November 4, 2008 Records Day/Presidential Election Day

http://216.198.240.197/opns/calendars.asp

Thanks for the links LN.

Not that I didn't trust you, but I didn't believe you were right on this. I went to the site for the Louisville School District and could not find a calendar (I didn't try to log in) to verify that.

I was so looking forward to giving you the bad news that you were really supposed to be in school on Tuesday. :laugh2:

In California we never got Election Day off either.

Here's an idea... go celebrate your freedoms and your new found moderation and vote for Barr on Tuesday. Don't let either one of the liars from the two major parties convince you that they actually care about you.

Immie

Trigg
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM
maybe you just live in a crappy state Trigg. every though of that? huh? didja? :poke:

Actually I'm thinking that right now.

You realize it's supposed to get down into the 20s tonight, nasty Oct. weather.

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Actually I'm thinking that right now.

You realize it's supposed to get down into the 20s tonight, nasty Oct. weather.

nah, i like this weather. Good hunting weather, just make my finger could when i am trying to read my bible. but it warms me up when i thump things with it. also good fire and chili weahter.

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 01:49 PM
I was so looking forward to giving you the bad news that you were really supposed to be in school on Tuesday. :laugh2:

lol, oh I know my days off. That's one thing too important to get wrong.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Why would people want the entire day off (with pay of course) to vote? It is another excuse for some people to try and get something for nothing

Sitarro
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
elections should be national holidays, imho

Yea, why not make it on a Friday or a Monday and we could all have a three day weekend, that will insure fewer assholes vote. How easy should it be? I voted last Sunday, there has been early voting here for weeks, there was no line...... out of there in 4 minutes. If someone doesn't have 4 minutes to spare to participate in our country's business, I'm not interested in their vote, it's meaningless.

Democrats want to make it as easy as possible so that they can attract the lowest form of life on the planet, why not set up polls in bars, you could get sycho to vote that way.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Yea, why not make it on a Friday or a Monday and we could all have a three day weekend, that will insure fewer assholes vote. How easy should it be? I voted last Sunday, there has been early voting here for weeks, there was no line...... out of there in 4 minutes. If someone doesn't have 4 minutes to spare to participate in our country's business, I'm not interested in their vote, it's meaningless.

Democrats want to make it as easy as possible so that they can attract the lowest form of life on the planet, why not set up polls in bars, you could get sycho to vote that way.

He wants to entire day so all the ACORN cheats can travel from district to district and get in as many votes as possible

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 02:01 PM
He wants to entire day so all the ACORN cheats can travel from district to district and get in as many votes as possible

Somehow, I doubt the ACORN cheats actually have jobs that would keep them out of the different polling places.

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:04 PM
Somehow, I doubt the ACORN cheats actually have jobs that would keep them out of the different polling places.

Immie

Sure they do. They work for the Obama campaign :laugh2:

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Sure they do. They work for the Obama campaign :laugh2:

That is what I mean... do you honestly think Obama's campaign is going to keep them out of any polling location they can vote in?

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
That is what I mean... do you honestly think Obama's campaign is going to keep them out of any polling location they can vote in?

Immie

Well they have to do something Immie. The polls are closing and the libs are starting to sweat

snip

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows Barack Obama attracting 50% of the vote nationwide while John McCain earns 47%. This is the first time McCain has been within three points of Obama in more than a month and the first time his support has topped 46% since September 24 (see trends). One percent (1%) of voters prefer a third-party option and 2% are undecided.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Shows what Obama knows. His supporters dont work anyway.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Shows what Obama knows. His supporters dont work anyway.

Yet he will give them a tax cut :laugh2:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:30 PM

I am all for making it easier for people to vote. I am, however, not surprised thqat a douchebag like you would be opposed to such measures.

go fuck yourself, and I hope you fucking choke on an Obama victory!:fu:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:32 PM
I am all for making it easier for people to vote. I am, however, not surprised thqat a douchebag like you would be opposed to such measures.

Ah, Rev MFM gearing up for another sermon :laugh2:

10-29-2008, 09:34 PM

If people arent concerned enough to vote without it being made "easy" for them then they arent going to be informed enough to make a choice thats good for the country.

No one has had a problem coming out on election day or getting absentee ballots until 2004. This has nothing to do with making it easier for voters to vote. it has everything to do with making it easier to manufacture illegal votes.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
If people arent concerned enough to vote without it being made "easy" for them then they arent going to be informed enough to make a choice thats good for the country.

No one has had a problem coming out on election day or getting absentee ballots until 2004. This has nothing to do with making it easier for voters to vote. it has everything to do with making it easier to manufacture illegal votes.

bullshit. there is no evidence of any significant voter fraud in 2004 or 2006.
More fear and hype from a desperate GOP.:laugh2:

manu1959
10-29-2008, 09:45 PM

ah look...more love acceptance and tollerance from the articulate well spoken high iq elitest left.....

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
ah look...more love acceptance and tollerance from the articulate well spoken high iq elitest left.....

This is the tolerance and bipartisanship Obama and his supporters will bring to DC if they win

10-29-2008, 09:47 PM
bullshit. there is no evidence of any significant voter fraud in 2004 or 2006.
More fear and hype from a desperate GOP.:laugh2:

Funny, thats not what you guys were claiming in 2004

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Funny, thats not what you guys were claiming in 2004

:link:

I have NEVER claimed that voter fraud cost us in 2004.

Our candidate's poorly run campaign cost us, without doubt.

But it is nice to know you all are polishing up your excuses for losing already. I merely suggest you try a little harder.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:52 PM
:link:

I have NEVER claimed that voter fraud cost us in 2004.

Our candidate's poorly run campaign cost us, without doubt.

But it is nice to know you all are polishing up your excuses for losing already. I merely suggest you try a little harder.

Your party hacks did

Was the 2004 Election Stolen?
Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House. BY ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.
ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.Posted Jun 01, 2006 5:02 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/10586714/was_the_2004_election_stolen

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:08 PM
If anyone claimed that, they are wrong. BUsh won 2004 fair and square.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
If anyone claimed that, they are wrong. BUsh won 2004 fair and square.

What do you mean IF numbnuts. The link is there with RFK Jr as the author

That is only ONE example

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:20 PM
What do you mean IF numbnuts. The link is there with RFK Jr as the author

That is only ONE example

I think that anyone who claimed that Bush won fair and square in 2004 is wrong. I think anyone who claims that Obama didn't win in 2008 WILL BE wrong.:laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 10:28 PM
I think that anyone who claimed that Bush won fair and square in 2004 is wrong. I think anyone who claims that Obama didn't win in 2008 WILL BE wrong.:laugh2:

Just becaise Lord Obama's paid group in under possible RICO charges in 14 states, and more then half theri voter apps are frake is nothing to worry about

If you are a Dem who puts party ahead of the law

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Just becaise Lord Obama's paid group in under possible RICO charges in 14 states, and more then half theri voter apps are frake is nothing to worry about

If you are a Dem who puts party ahead of the law

I am sure that Obama will win fair and square, just as I am sure that you won't pay up on our bet, and just as I am sure that you will whine about the loss, no matter how big it is!:laugh2:

red states rule
10-30-2008, 07:26 AM
I am sure that Obama will win fair and square, just as I am sure that you won't pay up on our bet, and just as I am sure that you will whine about the loss, no matter how big it is!:laugh2:

Rev V's #1 rule in life - win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat

retiredman
10-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Rev V's #1 rule in life - win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat

I have cheated at nothing. you are the one who has stated that you will not pay up on our bet.

red states rule
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
I have cheated at nothing. you are the one who has stated that you will not pay up on our bet.

The easier question would be - what have you not cheated on? Hell, the only medals you have from your "service" are the one you borrowed or stole :laugh2:

retiredman
10-30-2008, 12:56 PM
The easier question would be - what have you not cheated on? Hell, the only medals you have from your "service" are the one you borrowed or stole :laugh2:

what a tacky thing to say, RSR. How in the world would you claim to KNOW such a ridiculous thing and why would a grown man like you rely on such sophomoric insults such as that in any case? I expect to see "I'm rubber you're glue" coming from you next.

grow up. You don't insult me, and I won't insult you.

fair enough?

red states rule
10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
what a tacky thing to say, RSR. How in the world would you claim to KNOW such a ridiculous thing and why would a grown man like you rely on such sophomoric insults such as that in any case? I expect to see "I'm rubber you're glue" coming from you next.

grow up. You don't insult me, and I won't insult you.

fair enough?

OK, you got them at a pawn shop

retiredman
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I say again:

You don't insult me, and I won't insult you.

fair enough?

red states rule
10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
I say again:

You don't insult me, and I won't insult you.

fair enough?

Won them in crap games?

Or took them off drunk sailors who passed out?

LiberalNation
11-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I am sure now, mail does not run in kentucky on election day.

retiredman
11-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Won them in crap games?

Or took them off drunk sailors who passed out?

one more and ignore.
:lol: