PDA

View Full Version : Murtha: No "GD" Way I'll lose to a "Carpetbagger"

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Murtha keep digging the hole deeper

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dviITbR7o8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_dviITbR7o8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stephanie
10-29-2008, 09:29 AM
We need term limits...

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM
We need term limits...

Perhaps the voters in Murtha's district will start that next Tues

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Perhaps the voters in Murtha's district will start that next Tues

Murtha's up by 5%... and he brings home the bacon. My guess is, he'll retain his seat.

stephanie
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
He probably will win...

hell the Democrats reelected a 99 yr old man who needs help walking in to cast his vote..

as Murtha said, not only are they rednecks and racist up there, they're evidently not very bright either...:laugh2::scared:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
He probably will win...

hell the Democrats reelected a 99 yr old man who needs help walking in to cast his vote..

you mean Strom?:laugh2:

lilcountriegal
10-29-2008, 01:42 PM
He probably will win...

as Murtha said, not only are they rednecks and racist up there, they're evidently not very bright either...:laugh2::scared:

I actually take offense to that.

I, for one, will not be voting for Murtha, however, there are many around here that will. This town is full of empty, crumbling steel mill buildings, the steel mills that are open are closing. Murtha has brought alot of government money to this area that has helped the unemployment rate. THAT is why he will be re-elected.

I could care less what he's brought this area. I wont be voting for him because I think he's an old, fat, pompous ass who has bitten the hand that fed him one too many times.

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 01:47 PM
Murtha may or may not win. He prolly shouldn't, insulting your constituients is a very bad way to win support. He's had the job for so long he thinks he owns it which is bad for the people. I agree with the idea of term limits for congressmen for this reason.

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 01:52 PM

I, for one, will not be voting for Murtha, however, there are many around here that will. This town is full of empty, crumbling steel mill buildings, the steel mills that are open are closing. Murtha has brought alot of government money to this area that has helped the unemployment rate. THAT is why he will be re-elected.

I could care less what he's brought this area. I wont be voting for him because I think he's an old, fat, pompous ass who has bitten the hand that fed him one too many times.

And as an old, fat, pompous ass who has bitten the hand that fed him once too many times, I take offense to that! :laugh2: j/k Well, about taking offense to it, not about being an old, fat... er nevermind.

But, welcome to dp.com countrygal.

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Murtha's up by 5%... and he brings home the bacon. My guess is, he'll retain his seat.

Yea, the King of Pork came thur again - after promising to cut the pork

red states rule
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM

I hope he loses. He smeared the toorps, never retracted his slurs, insulted the people who voted form him in the past - and it is time for him to sent into forced retirement

Welcome to the board!

lilcountriegal
10-29-2008, 02:20 PM
I hope he loses. He smeared the toorps, never retracted his slurs, insulted the people who voted form him in the past - and it is time for him to sent into forced retirement

Welcome to the board!

thanks. Ive been around for years, just rarely have time to post.

He's dumped so much money into this region... the Murtha airport, the Murtha cancer research, the Joyce Murtha breast cancer center, CTC, etc. etc. etc. that people are afraid to vote him out for fear that all that money to this region stops.

My husband is voting for him to stay. I will at least counter HIS vote. Unfortunately, the man running against him isnt even from "around here" and Murtha is playing up that fact pretty heavily because of the strong sense of "hometown". It seems to be working.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
thanks. Ive been around for years, just rarely have time to post.

He's dumped so much money into this region... the Murtha airport, the Murtha cancer research, the Joyce Murtha breast cancer center, CTC, etc. etc. etc. that people are afraid to vote him out for fear that all that money to this region stops.

My husband is voting for him to stay. I will at least counter HIS vote. Unfortunately, the man running against him isnt even from "around here" and Murtha is playing up that fact pretty heavily because of the strong sense of "hometown". It seems to be working.

I hope you will post more

it is funnny how pwople say they want the pork and ever increasing spending to stop - but not in their district

Murtha is a disaster. He threatens people of the House floor when they disagree with him - and the slurs against the troops was the last straw with many

lilcountriegal
10-29-2008, 02:39 PM

it is funnny how pwople say they want the pork and ever increasing spending to stop - but not in their district

Murtha is a disaster. He threatens people of the House floor when they disagree with him - and the slurs against the troops was the last straw with many

Murtha is more than a disaster. Its funny, people were pissed about the troops remark, but what enraged them was his latest babble about the people of his district. Its funny how those die hard Murtha supporters are justifiying it "well, we are a racist area". It reminds me of domestic abuse victims. "well he only abused me because I made him". Its confusing seeing all these people zombifying around following him like lost puppy dogs. 90% of the people I know are still voting for him just because he's "one of us", which is why he has hit the nail on the head focusing on the fact that Bill Russell just moved to the area.

He's not one of me TYVM and I, for one, would love to kick his ass on the way out.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Murtha is more than a disaster. Its funny, people were pissed about the troops remark, but what enraged them was his latest babble about the people of his district. Its funny how those die hard Murtha supporters are justifiying it "well, we are a racist area". It reminds me of domestic abuse victims. "well he only abused me because I made him". Its confusing seeing all these people zombifying around following him like lost puppy dogs. 90% of the people I know are still voting for him just because he's "one of us", which is why he has hit the nail on the head focusing on the fact that Bill Russell just moved to the area.

He's not one of me TYVM and I, for one, would love to kick his ass on the way out.

http://lh3.google.com/Serr8d/R0Q8hk8cxXI/AAAAAAAACGg/KSv5RDv0IYU/john%20murtha%20contribution%20poster%5B9%5D.jpg

Noir
10-29-2008, 02:57 PM

America is full of such paradoxes, for example, the american public as a whole are very sceptical of congress, and it never rates very highly in aproval ratings, yet if you ask them about their congressmen they will have nothing but praise, the same is true for pork, people hate the idea of it, but when it comes to the crunch they love it.

As the saying goes 'Get the bums out...but not my bum'

red states rule
10-29-2008, 02:59 PM
America is full of such paradoxes, for example, the american public as a whole are very sceptical of congress, and it never rates very highly in aproval ratings, yet if you ask them about their congressmen they will have nothing but praise, the same is true for pork, people hate the idea of it, but when it comes to the crunch they love it.

As the saying goes 'Get the bums out...but not my bum'

We will have to see if the "bitter" voters in PA will toss out an arrogrant ass like Murtha - or if they want to keep a jerk who not only insulted them but smeared the troops without any evidence of a crime

namvet
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
We need term limits...

exactly what ive supported for years !!!! hit the road jack !!!!!

stephanie
10-29-2008, 09:10 PM

I was only joking, my dear..:2up:

Yurt
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
why term limits?

isn't that taking away our right to vote for who we want? assuming eligibility.....

manu1959
10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
why term limits?

isn't that taking away our right to vote for who we want? assuming eligibility.....

so are you against presidential term limits.....

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
so are you against presidential term limits.....

I know I am...if we did not have term limits, Bill Clinton would STILL be president!

manu1959
10-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I know I am...if we did not have term limits, Bill Clinton would STILL be president!

then all of this would be his fault....

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
then all of this would be his fault....

all of this wouldn't have happened. moron.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:41 PM

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/2296.jpg

manu1959

really we got hit six times under clinton....the dot com era had come to an end......he signed the bill that set the stage for the financial credit crash we are in the middle of.....

red states rule

Your opinion not fact

Have any links to prove it?

I'll wait

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:42 PM
when one cannot actually debate, post stupid pictures.

That is RSR's credo!:laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:44 PM
when one cannot actually debate, post stupid pictures.

That is RSR's credo!:laugh2:

If OBL was an intern you can bet Bill would have nailed him :laugh2:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:48 PM
If OBL was an intern you can bet Bill would have nailed him :laugh2:

and you KNOW that Bill Clinton would have whipped Dubya's ass in 2000 AND 2004. It must suck to realize that your republican dream is swirling down the toilet bowl.... eh?
YOu may very well be a part of your party giving up the first filibuster proof senate in thirty years!

THAT is how in touch with America you stupid republicans are!!!!:laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 09:50 PM
and you KNOW that Bill Clinton would have whipped Dubya's ass in 2000 AND 2004. It must suck to realize that your republican dream is swirling down the toilet bowl.... eh?
YOu may very well be a part of your party giving up the first filibuster proof senate in thirty years!

Again your opinion not fact

Any links to prve it?

I'll wait :laugh2:

Yurt
10-29-2008, 09:51 PM

so you don't support the amendment that the president made regarding the constitution?

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
so you don't support the amendment that the president made regarding the constitution?

I support the constitution as amended. Did you notice the use of the conditional word "would"? ...."counselor"?

retiredman
10-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Again your opinion not fact

Any links to prve it?

I'll wait :laugh2:

it is a fact that, after the impeachment debacle, gallup polled americans and asked them if the 10996 election were being held THEN, who would they vote for, and a greater percentage of americans said they would vote for Clinton than Dole AFTER his impeachment than actually voted for him in 1996!:laugh2:

Yurt
10-30-2008, 12:44 AM
I support the constitution as amended. Did you notice the use of the conditional word "would"? ...."counselor"?

did you notice the question mark at the end of my sentence "genius"

but of course the whiner who asked me to stop playing word games continues his bullshit word games....as i said and am now proven right...again...you are intellectually dishonest and bankrupt with such a request

did you let your pussy cat out of the closet today?

red states rule
10-30-2008, 07:23 AM
it is a fact that, after the impeachment debacle, gallup polled americans and asked them if the 10996 election were being held THEN, who would they vote for, and a greater percentage of americans said they would vote for Clinton than Dole AFTER his impeachment than actually voted for him in 1996!:laugh2:

Again, it is all opinion not fact

Where are the links that prove your opinion is fact?

I'll wait

retiredman
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Again, it is all opinion not fact

Where are the links that prove your opinion is fact?

I'll wait

opinion polls are of course opinions. It is a fact, however, that Clinton increased his popularity over Dole throughout the impeachment as measured by those polls.

red states rule
10-30-2008, 07:52 AM
opinion polls are of course opinions. It is a fact, however, that Clinton increased his popularity over Dole throughout the impeachment as measured by those polls.

No links eh?

Did not think you could prove your opinion was a fact

Keep trying

I'll wait

retiredman
10-30-2008, 07:54 AM
No links eh?

Did not think you could prove your opinion was a fact

Keep trying

I'll wait
wait forever. If you think I am going to spend a nanosecond of my time looking for a 1998 gallup poll, you're sadly mistaken.

red states rule
10-30-2008, 07:55 AM
wait forever. If you think I am going to spend a nanosecond of my time looking for a 1998 gallup poll, you're sadly mistaken.

At least you admit you can't back up your bullshit opinion pulled out of your ass in desperation

Dismissed

retiredman
10-30-2008, 07:57 AM
At least you admit you can't back up your bullshit opinion pulled out of your ass in desperation

Dismissed

prove it's bullshit.

I'll wait.:laugh2:

lilcountriegal
10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I was only joking, my dear..:2up:

My apologies.... once we hit SNL and, thanks to good 'ol Jack, we're the laughing stock of the east coast, I get a little defensive.

:cheers2:

stephanie
10-30-2008, 08:15 AM
My apologies.... once we hit SNL and, thanks to good 'ol Jack, we're the laughing stock of the east coast, I get a little defensive.

no problems..
it might not of came out like I wanted it to..:cheers2:

red states rule
10-30-2008, 08:52 AM
prove it's bullshit.

I'll wait.:laugh2:

You have oroved you are a liar, a fraud, and liberal hypocrite

Did I leave anything out folks?

red states rule
10-30-2008, 08:53 AM

It is always nice to see how libs feel about people

LiberalNation
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
He won it and keeps his seat.

stephanie
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
gross

manu1959
11-04-2008, 10:32 PM
murtha just declared himself the winner.....

stephanie
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I really feel bad for our military men and women, I feel like we let them down big time..

Gaffer
11-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I really feel bad for our military men and women, I feel like we let them down big time..

Military hating is about to return in a big way. They will all be coming home and the killing fields in iraq and afghan will begin. The islamic caliphate is going to be established soon.