PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 30 minute ginsu commercials and the fairness doctrine

Yurt
10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
obama, because he broke a promise, has the money to afford buying 30 minute primetime slot on TV tonight...i wonder if the liberals who support the fairness doctrine will stand up for mccain's right to his 30 minute commercials even though he can't afford it.

the liberals like to scoff at how only the rich conservatives can afford the radio so the fairness doctrine should apply...does the fairness doctrine apply here?

Noir
10-29-2008, 01:01 PM
i thought about this fairness doctrine when i herd about this, he's payin around $1 million per channel, crazy.

Yurt
10-29-2008, 01:07 PM
i thought about this fairness doctrine when i herd about this, he's payin around $1 million per channel, crazy.

that is cheap for prime time, thought the total was going to be in the tens of millions, think how many commercials are not being played on a regularly scheduled show

retiredman
10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
that is cheap for prime time, thought the total was going to be in the tens of millions, think how many commercials are not being played on a regularly scheduled show

it would seem to me that, if the fairness doctrine were in place, this would apply...

what goes around comes around.:laugh2:

Monkeybone
10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
it would seem to me that, if the fairness doctrine were in place, this would apply...

promising something and then pulling out with a lame excuse? that rascally Obama.

Yurt
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM

so you fully support mccain being able to get on prime time for free? and do you feel that, if in place, obama's commercials violate the fairness doctrine...i ask so as to be very clear what you are saying. i wonder how obama feels about that

and wtf does your stupid saying goes around comes around have to do with anything? do try to stay on topic....

Noir
10-29-2008, 01:21 PM
It's also gonna delay the baseball game tonight by 15 min, John McCains reply? "No one will interrupt a world series game while i'm president" lol.

retiredman
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
so you fully support mccain being able to get on prime time for free? and do you feel that, if in place, obama's commercials violate the fairness doctrine...i ask so as to be very clear what you are saying. i wonder how obama feels about that

and wtf does your stupid saying goes around comes around have to do with anything? do try to stay on topic....

I would fully support it if the fairness doctrine were the law of the land, of course.

My saying has to do with the right being all up in arms about the fairness doctrine until such a time comes along when they would benefit from it.

and I will stay on topic or stray from it as I damned well chose to, certainly not at the direction of a snot nosed "ambulance chaser". mmmkay?

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 01:33 PM

I understood him to mean that what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander. If the F.D. were in place he would support McCain's right to rebuttal time. That would only be fair and is the right thing for him to do.

Of course, with the "Fairness Doctrine" conservative talk radio would be completely wiped out... we would have to listen to Al Franken 24/7 and there would be no rebuttal time because there would be no one left with the capital to rebutt the crack pots like Franken.

Immie

Yurt
10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I would fully support it if the fairness doctrine were the law of the land, of course.

My saying has to do with the right being all up in arms about the fairness doctrine until such a time comes along when they would benefit from it.

and I will stay on topic or stray from it as I damned well chose to, certainly not at the direction of a snot nosed "ambulance chaser". mmmkay?

1. when did anyone on the right get all up on arms about it "until such a time" comes along they would benefit from it? when?

2. so all you have are insults, you can't stay on topic. stop the petty insults and stay on topic. thank you.

10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I understood him to mean that what is fair for the goose is fair for the gander. If the F.D. were in place he would support McCain's right to rebuttal time. That would only be fair and is the right thing for him to do.

Of course, with the "Fairness Doctrine" conservative talk radio would be completely wiped out... we would have to listen to Al Franken 24/7 and there would be no rebuttal time because there would be no one left with the capital to rebutt the crack pots like Franken.

Immie

Actually, in order to get the votes to get the Fairness doctrine reestablished, Al Franken would have to be in the Senate... those poor people in Minnesota...

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Wasn't the fairness doctrine rescinded years ago? How much have you donated to the JM/Whacko campaign? They need every dime that you can spare!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, who was it that insisted the fairness doctrine be outlawed and just why did they do it? I'll answer my own question as I am certain that few of you know. The Repubs always hated it and they outlawed it at the request of the corporations that were offering big bucks to the reichwingers that they were exploiting for political reasons.

:salute::cheers2::clap::laugh2::cheers2::salute:

Yurt
10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Wasn't the fairness doctrine rescinded years ago? How much have you donated to the JM/Whacko campaign? They need every dime that you can spare!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, who was it that insisted the fairness doctrine be outlawed and just why did they do it? I'll answer my own question as I am certain that few of you know. The Repubs always hated it and they outlawed it at the request of the corporations that were offering big bucks to the reichwingers that they were exploiting for political reasons.

other than your whacko comment, corp comment, reichwingers comment LOL, why are you stating the obvious? no one has stated otherwise, do you like seeing your words in print or something?

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually, in order to get the votes to get the Fairness doctrine reestablished, Al Franken would have to be in the Senate... those poor people in Minnesota...

Two words...

Jesse Ventura. Make that three words... Governor Jesse Ventura.

Immie

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 03:00 PM

Of course, Republicans have been against the suppression of free speech for a long time. It is Democrats who do not want you to be able to bad mouth them or their very large government.

Immie

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I didn't cut and paste anything, yuk, and obviously many here don't know much about the fairness doctrine. I felt compelled to share just a bit about history with them.

other than your whacko comment, corp comment, reichwingers comment LOL, why are you stating the obvious? no one has stated otherwise, do you like seeing your words in print or something?

Why are you assuming that my information is obvious to anyone, yuk? That indicates a tremendous assumption on your part, doesn't it? What do they say about that word "assume"?

Yurt
10-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I didn't cut and paste anything, yuk, and obviously many here don't know much about the fairness doctrine. I felt compelled to share just a bit about history with them.

Why are you assuming that my information is obvious to anyone, yuk? That indicates a tremendous assumption on your part, doesn't it? What do they say about that word "assume"?

1. i never said you cut and pasted anything

2. fair enough on the obvious, why then exactly did you bring it up?

Kathianne
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM

No it wouldn't and you know it. He's 'paying' for the time. They do NOT have to give Pepsi a commercial, because they aired one from Coke. Commercials are not about Fairness Doctrine. Neither would paid political ads, which is what this is.

Stop the hate mongering.

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Obviously, yuk, because I didn't bring it up, or didn't you notice?

You're silly when you get mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Sasparilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-29-2008, 06:25 PM

mad, you silly goat...yes when i am mad i use words like "fair enough" :laugh2:

and what in the hay are you talking about not bringing cut and paste up?

I didn't cut and paste anything, yuk,

or did your "it" refer to something else?

MtnBiker
10-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Rather than have the government make an attempt at structuring fairness for me, I will use a common device on all tvs and radios the channel selector and change the channel and choose for myself the multitude of other views presented.

Let the liberals have their choices made for them by the government, they are happy with that.

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Maybe "It" is you, yuk.

Didn't they do a terror movie about you back in the 80's?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

It's your freaking thread, cowgirl, and you are failing miserably to keep up with the conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How's that Sasparilly doin'??????????????

Yurt
10-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Maybe "It" is you, yuk.

It's your freaking thread, cowgirl, and you are failing miserably to keep up with the conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2:

thanks for the laugh, your post is the most incoherent post i have ever read

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
And whose fault is that, cowgirl?

:laugh2:

thanks for the laugh, your post is the most incoherent post i have ever read

This is your thread. I respond to things that you say and you give incoherent replies. Simple to me but apparently troubling for you. That is not my fault at all.

Now, what exactly did I "bring up" that is troubling you so?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

Yurt
10-29-2008, 07:24 PM
psydeshow, i would not normally do this, but since it is my thread as you so often point out, and you seem geniune in trying to get back on track, i posted our posts...please read them through and i will do you the favor of adding a bit to help you

i said obvious because i presumed most people know conservatives do not approve of the fairness doctrine...

you then respond that you didn't cut and paste...ok...i never said you did so why bring it up?

notice i said ok on the obvious, i thought your point fair...dig it

here is the "i didn't bring IT up" ok what is that, that is the point of my next post:

so somehow we go from talking about cut and paste to me, yurt...when you never brought me up at all and the whole time i referred to "it" was about the cut and paste....

Maybe "It" is you, yuk.

then we get to hear psydeshow babble (he who wants just ONE example of thread derailing :laugh2:) about me and some horror movie in the 80's...good lord dude, you are entertaining

do you follow now?

NOTE: i deleted psydeshow's smilies because it brought the number of images allowable over the maximum, that is all i deleted from his posts, just the smilies

Yurt
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
i like to give props to mfm for being the only liberal to post his ideas in this thread. at least the only lib whose ideas directly relate to the OP :laugh2:

no, hell hasn't frozen over, it is just that mfm brought up circle jerk...and the fact of the matter is, myself and others often make threads like this that no lib responds to. mfm may be an asshole, but he usually has a good argument and usually is not afraid to post in threads, though there have been plenty he ignores even after repeated calls for libs to respond :coffee:

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I thought the infomercial was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the repubs now willing to allow the "Fairness Doctrine" back into the law of the land?!?!?!??!?!???!

What a bunch of freakin' punks you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

namvet
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
that 30 mins should be run on the sat morning cartoons. :laugh2::lol:

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Just what did you find so funny about it, numbnuts?

that 30 mins should be run on the sat morning cartoons. :laugh2::lol:

I don't anticipate a response. I already understand the denseness of your thinking.

How about a San Miquel?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!???!

namvet
10-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Psycotherapy

Yurt
10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
I thought the infomercial was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are the repubs now willing to allow the "Fairness Doctrine" back into the law of the land?!?!?!??!?!???!

What a bunch of freakin' punks you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thread derailer and coward....i post the posts you were confused about because you seemed genuine and you ignore that...

i won't be fooled again by your bullshit antics

namvet
10-29-2008, 08:57 PM

now their telling me you served in WW1........well??? which is it????

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 09:08 PM
You haven't posted shit for shit and you are certainly one to talk, yuk.

thread derailer and coward....i post the posts you were confused about because you seemed genuine and you ignore that...

i won't be fooled again by your bullshit antics

Are you still confused?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yurt
10-29-2008, 09:10 PM

post 25

you have nothing to say to that?

namvet
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM

come on ......which war????

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
My experience and memory are clear, numbnuts.

come on ......which war????

I have no clue as to how to explain your bullshit and innuendo.

namvet
10-29-2008, 09:23 PM
My experience and memory are clear, numbnuts.

I have no clue as to how to explain your bullshit and innuendo.

My experience and memory are clear

good. then which one?????

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Which what, numbnuts?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!

good. then which one?????

You are at least every bit the idiot that others here warned about. How about that one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

namvet
10-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Which what, numbnuts?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!

You are at least every bit the idiot that others here warned about. How about that one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Which what

brainlock. :laugh2::lol::laugh2:

retiredman
10-29-2008, 09:38 PM

you are pretty much a GOP sheep, namvet.... and, you are one geeky looking motherfucker, unless you have changed since that dorky weatherdecks shot!:laugh2:

Psychoblues
10-29-2008, 09:43 PM
That figures.

I bet you "locked" up in Viet Nam as well. Just how many courageous and good Americans died due to your "brainlocked" mindset?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Psychoblues
10-30-2008, 12:23 AM
Did anyone here notice that he never mentioned JM/Whacko or their twisted views of American life? He never did, not once!!!!!!!!!!!! What a refreshing moment in American political campaigning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man is obviously Presidential. Think not? Contribute?!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!?!???!?!?!?!?

The Busch is cold and I think I need some of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yurt
10-30-2008, 12:59 AM
you are pretty much a GOP sheep, namvet.... and, you are one geeky looking motherfucker, unless you have changed since that dorky weatherdecks shot!:laugh2:

and you are a some stud looking mustache fuck with a side comb over?

:lol:

Yurt
10-30-2008, 01:01 AM
post 25

you have nothing to say to that?

psydeshow is a moron and bullshit artist, nothing more, he had his change, again, blew it...

retiredman
10-30-2008, 06:00 AM
and you are a some stud looking mustache fuck with a side comb over?

:lol:

I shave my head these days and my brown moustache is now a grey goatee. still pretty "stud looking", however!:lol:

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I watched it.

I think he did a good job of campaigning. He did not convince me to vote for him. Of course, about the only thing that will convince me to vote for either one of the two candidates this time around is for Jesus Christ to appear in front of me, show me the holes in his hands and side and say "vote for ...".

As for Obama, he presented himself well. He didn't talk so much about robbing Peter to pay Paul (redistribution of wealth) but if you listened you could hear it in his plans. He made it sound like it was a noble thing and that all of us will benefit from it. I just happen to disagree.

He was talking about major corporations not being hurt by his tax increases. He said, "I'm not worried about {them}. They will take care of themselves." What he didn't say is that when he hits them with his proposed tax increase... it will be you and I as consumers that will pay the price. But, that is a fact.

This will get me in trouble with conservative, but I did like the ending when he promised (see Abbey's thread addressed to me post #1 about political promises) not to weaken America. Unlike most people here, I think we are fighting the war in Iraq wrong. I'm not for surrender, but like Murtha, (I know that is a bad word these days) I feel a different strategy is necessary.

One quick sentence that made me feel good about him was when he said, "I'm not going to be a perfect President." Now, that may be obvious, but I appreciate that he at least admitted it.

All in all, his stock went up for me last night.

I WILL NOT, however, be voting for him!

Immie

{edit}
Link to "Immie this one's for you"... Abbey's Thread... http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=19141

darin
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Why isn't Obama spreading HIS wealth around to the McCain campaign? Why isn't he redistributing his wealth to his peers?

Monkeybone
10-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Why isn't Obama spreading HIS wealth around to the McCain campaign? Why isn't he redistributing his wealth to his peers?

doesn't have to.......yet

namvet
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
if he's so far ahead like these libtards claim, why did he blow 5 mil on a cartoon last night just days ahead of the election ????:bs1:

Gaffer
10-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Couple of thoughts on your post Immie. First, in your opinion, which one do you think Jesus would recommend?

Second, iraq is winding down. The strategy there has been successful. Why do you want to change it? murtha is a surrender monkey who will sell out his country or anybody in a heart beat.

Afghan is being beefed up and they are starting to apply the same tactics there that were used in iraq. Those tactics worked so it makes sense to continue to apply them. If they prove not to work in Afghan than they will need to be changed.

namvet
10-30-2008, 08:49 AM
That figures.

I bet you "locked" up in Viet Nam as well. Just how many courageous and good Americans died due to your "brainlocked" mindset?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

got a DD214. did you??? what did they give you???? just a plain DD. your just another mongoloid who shovels shit in Miss. :laugh2::laugh2:

namvet
10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
he did a good job with the teleprompter !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Couple of thoughts on your post Immie. First, in your opinion, which one do you think Jesus would recommend?

Second, iraq is winding down. The strategy there has been successful. Why do you want to change it? murtha is a surrender monkey who will sell out his country or anybody in a heart beat.

Afghan is being beefed up and they are starting to apply the same tactics there that were used in iraq. Those tactics worked so it makes sense to continue to apply them. If they prove not to work in Afghan than they will need to be changed.

Glad you asked.

Personally, I don't think Jesus would recommend either candidate or even a candidate of a third party.

As for your statements about Iraq and Afghanistan, I simply don't believe Iraq is "winding down". I don't believe it will end in my lifetime. There will be waves of aggression which means there will be periods of ebb and flow, but we are not done there and dispite the "Hope" our government is feeding us, it is blind faith to trust them.

I fully believe our military is capable of reaching anyplace on the globe within an hour or so. Bundling them up in the middle of Baghdad and painting targets on their backs, just seems to me to be poor planning. Jack Murtha never said give up the fight. He said, bring our forces out of the crossfire and put them on the outside of the fence rather than corralling them in Baghdad and quite frankly that makes sense to me.

It was political rhetoric that put the "surrender monkey" name on Jack Murtha and I believe that part to have been unfair to him.

You say that the tactics worked. I disagree. Al Qaeda will bide its time and hit in their timing not ours. We should not expect that just because we have not seen hide nor hair of them for a while that they are history. And, believing that they are is foolish in my point of view.

Immie

namvet
10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Glad you asked.

Personally, I don't think Jesus would recommend either candidate or even a candidate of a third party.

As for your statements about Iraq and Afghanistan, I simply don't believe Iraq is "winding down". I don't believe it will end in my lifetime. There will be waves of aggression which means there will be periods of ebb and flow, but we are not done there and dispite the "Hope" our government is feeding us, it is blind faith to trust them.

I fully believe our military is capable of reaching anyplace on the globe within an hour or so. Bundling them up in the middle of Baghdad and painting targets on their backs, just seems to me to be poor planning. Jack Murtha never said give up the fight. He said, bring our forces out of the crossfire and put them on the outside of the fence rather than corralling them in Baghdad and quite frankly that makes sense to me.

It was political rhetoric that put the "surrender monkey" name on Jack Murtha and I believe that part to have been unfair to him.

You say that the tactics worked. I disagree. Al Qaeda will bide its time and hit in their timing not ours. We should not expect that just because we have not seen hide nor hair of them for a while that they are history. And, believing that they are is foolish in my point of view.

Immie

sorry Immie I disagree about our military. its now downsized to handle only regional conficts. not worldwide. Putin proved that with the invasion of Georgia. he challenged us to repsond and we didn't. we couldn't. and if Osama keeps his promise to wack it even more there will be little or NO response at all. just saying. we don't have it anymore.
....there will be flare ups in Iraq. but AQ has been defeated there. that was obvious when they were forced to use women. children and old people for Jihad. their trying to blow the wells in Saudi Arabia to create more economic choas in the west. Osama wants to go into Pakistan in spite of repeated warning from their gov. but he's after Bin Laden. not AQ or the taliban. just saying.

Gaffer
10-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Glad you asked.

Personally, I don't think Jesus would recommend either candidate or even a candidate of a third party

You squirmed out of that one. :poke:

iraq is just a front in the overall war with islam. It is winding down. It will be up to the iraqi's to keep it wound down. There war with islam will continue for generations to come, until the west finally wakes up to what islam is all about. There will be an ebb and flow of violence as long as there are muslims.

I don't understand where you get the idea our troops are bundled up in baghdad. They are scattered throughout the country. They do combat patrols of areas, which is where the casualties come in. They are not sitting there getting shot at. They are out searching for the enemy.

jack murtha is a piece of shit. He has simply jumped on the liberal band wagon of surrender to try to keep his seat in congress. He's an ex-marine and is playing on the ignorance of most people concerning combat. The troops in baghdad are not corralled, they are doing the corralling.

The tactics have worked. There will always be some element of AQ in iraq. But they are not there by the thousands and they are not supported by the population. The only way to completely destroy AQ is to completely eliminate islam.

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
You squirmed out of that one. :poke:

No, I didn't :D I didn't say Jesus would come down and tell me to vote for so and so, I said that I would not change my vote unless he did. :D

iraq is just a front in the overall war with islam. It is winding down. It will be up to the iraqi's to keep it wound down. There war with islam will continue for generations to come, until the west finally wakes up to what islam is all about. There will be an ebb and flow of violence as long as there are muslims.

The Iraqis are Muslim, always have been Muslim and always will continue to be Muslim. They have no interest in appeasing America beyond the convenience of keeping us from destroying their country.

I don't understand where you get the idea our troops are bundled up in baghdad. They are scattered throughout the country. They do combat patrols of areas, which is where the casualties come in. They are not sitting there getting shot at. They are out searching for the enemy.

jack murtha is a piece of shit. He has simply jumped on the liberal band wagon of surrender to try to keep his seat in congress. He's an ex-marine and is playing on the ignorance of most people concerning combat. The troops in baghdad are not corralled, they are doing the corralling.

Perhaps, Baghdad, was the wrong choice of words. Perhaps Iraq would be a better choice. But, our soldiers ARE corralled in the middle of the Middle East with targets painted on their backs. They cannot efficiently opperate against an enemy they cannot define. They are NOT murderers. They don't go out there guns blazing killing every thing in sight because it might be the enemy. Militarily they would kick ass and have proven so, but Al Qaeda isn't going to fight this war militarily.

In this aspect, I disagree with you about Jack Murtha. He never called for surrender. Rather he called for new tactics.

As for our troops doing the corralling, you and I will have to agree to disagree on that for at least until you can prove that Al Qaeda is actually in Iraq let alone Baghdad.

The tactics have worked. There will always be some element of AQ in iraq. But they are not there by the thousands and they are not supported by the population. The only way to completely destroy AQ is to completely eliminate islam.

Again, you will have to prove that they were actually there in the first place. I simply do not trust those in politics who are supposed to be in the "know". I don't trust George Bush and his Administration. I don't trust either John McCain or Barack Obama

I have said these things before and also said, I am no expert, but it seems to me that we're fighting a war that can't be won. Even if we kill every single terrorist on the face of the Earth, we'll never know that we got them all.

Immie

Yurt
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I shave my head these days and my brown moustache is now a grey goatee. still pretty "stud looking", however!:lol:

haha, that was funny

red states rule
10-30-2008, 01:08 PM

You mean like this?

http://politicalpartypoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/dickhead.jpg