PDA

View Full Version : Tax Breaks for 95% of Working Americans

Classact
10-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Senator Obama wants to give 95% of American workers a tax break but 52 million of these workers don't pay tax, but rather contribute to Social Security and Medicare.

I'll cut through the chase and say this seems to be a smoke and mirrors way to buy votes in exchange for a check from the IRS sent on the order of a new president. If Senator Obama considers these working Americans under compensated he would have argued in recent legislation for the increase of Minimum Wage that they were undercompensated, but he did not. A more economical means of distributing a more just compensation would be to increase the minimum wage since it would save the IRS and the Postal Service from the redundancy of preparing and delivering checks.

Question for debate:

Is Senator Obama's tax break a tax break or a payment for a vote for Obama?

I posted this same debate on another site check out replies theretoo!http://www.americasdebate.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17818&pid=261123&st=0&#entry261123

red states rule
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
His promise to give 95% of workers a tax cut is a lie, It is impossible for him to do it

1) The top 1% pay 40% of all federal income taxes

2) The bottom 50% pay less then 4%

3) Thanks to the Bush tax cuts, about 40% of workers pay no federal income staxes

4) So Lord Obama will give refunds to those who do not pay income taxes by using the tax code to expand welfare payments.

5) He will also raise taxes on people making way lese then $250,000. His increases in the dividend, capital gaines, and corporate tax will hit nearly all of us

red states rule
10-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Obama's new horror movie

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/144367.jpg

10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Let's be honest here. The people who are working are the rich. Those who don't qualify as rich are the ones who are unemployed.

red states rule
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Let's be honest here. The people who are working are the rich. Those who don't qualify as rich are the ones who are unemployed.

With a President Obama about 13% of us will not be considered rich after he is about 3 years into his term

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Have to disagree with you to some degree here.

I'm not "rich" by American standards, but I am working.

I am also more than happy to pay my own way through life rather than have the government give me something that another man or woman worked for harder than I.

Immie

red states rule
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Have to disagree with you to some degree here.

I'm not "rich" by American standards, but I am working.

I am also more than happy to pay my own way through life rather than have the government give me something that another man or woman worked for harder than I.

Immie

Immie, give the Obama people time. Sooner or later you will be considered rich

Immanuel
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
Immie, give the Obama people time. Sooner or later you will be considered rich

At least rich enough to have my taxes jacked up so that I can have my "wealth" redistributed to the guy in Wimauma that refuses to go out and get a job. :laugh2:

red states rule
10-29-2008, 06:56 PM
At least rich enough to have my taxes jacked up so that I can have my "wealth" redistributed to the guy in Wimauma that refuses to go out and get a job. :laugh2:

Put a smile on Immie. You will paying your fair share and doing your part for the common good. Now that should make you warm all over :laugh2: