PDA

View Full Version : Obama effigy found on U. of Kentucky campus

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 11:43 PM
It had to be at UK.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081029/ap_on_re_us/obama_effigy;_ylt=AtP28RXcbPE7uNYS5qfe6V5vzwcF

LEXINGTON, Ky. – A life-sized likeness of Barack Obama was found hanging from a tree with a noose around its neck Wednesday at the University of Kentucky, the second time in about a month such an effigy of the Democratic presidential nominee was reported on a college campus.

UK spokesman Carl Nathe said the effigy was found Wednesday morning in a high-traffic area between a classroom building and parking garage. Police immediately took it down but released no information about their investigation.

University President Lee Todd said he planned to apologize to the Obama family on behalf of the school and that he is "personally offended and deeply embarrassed by this disgusting episode."

Federal authorities have been notified, Todd said. He said the effigy violates the university's code of ethics and won't be tolerated.

"I am outraged because we work very hard, every day, to build bridges across the divides," Todd said. "Diversity and inclusion are among our most precious core values. Episodes like this serve only to erode our confidence in and respect for one another."

Mike Lynch, a faculty member who works in a building near where the effigy was found, said he saw it around 8:40 a.m. He described it as life-sized with a Barack Obama Halloween mask, a suit jacket and sweat pants.

"This, as far as I'm concerned, says nothing — absolutely nothing — representative of this university or this community," he said.

Obama's Kentucky campaign director, Kenya McGruder, had no immediate comment

Sitarro
10-30-2008, 01:31 AM
It had to be at UK.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081029/ap_on_re_us/obama_effigy;_ylt=AtP28RXcbPE7uNYS5qfe6V5vzwcF

LEXINGTON, Ky. – A life-sized likeness of Barack Obama was found hanging from a tree with a noose around its neck Wednesday at the University of Kentucky, the second time in about a month such an effigy of the Democratic presidential nominee was reported on a college campus.

UK spokesman Carl Nathe said the effigy was found Wednesday morning in a high-traffic area between a classroom building and parking garage. Police immediately took it down but released no information about their investigation.

University President Lee Todd said he planned to apologize to the Obama family on behalf of the school and that he is "personally offended and deeply embarrassed by this disgusting episode."

Federal authorities have been notified, Todd said. He said the effigy violates the university's code of ethics and won't be tolerated.

"I am outraged because we work very hard, every day, to build bridges across the divides," Todd said. "Diversity and inclusion are among our most precious core values. Episodes like this serve only to erode our confidence in and respect for one another."

Mike Lynch, a faculty member who works in a building near where the effigy was found, said he saw it around 8:40 a.m. He described it as life-sized with a Barack Obama Halloween mask, a suit jacket and sweat pants.

"This, as far as I'm concerned, says nothing — absolutely nothing — representative of this university or this community," he said.

Obama's Kentucky campaign director, Kenya McGruder, had no immediate comment

What a fine name Mike has. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

It is Halloween right, isn't it called "installation art"? Since Barry's ancestors were probably the ones that sold negroes for slaves it has no connection to the lynching of actual black Americans, HE has no connection to actual black Americans. I see nothing different from the Sarah Palin lynching 'installation art" in West Hollywood(Gayville), do you?

Binky
10-30-2008, 04:48 AM

It is Halloween right, isn't it called "installation art"? Since Barry's ancestors were probably the ones that sold negroes for slaves it has no connection to the lynching of actual black Americans, HE has no connection to actual black Americans. I see nothing different from the Sarah Palin lynching 'installation art" in West Hollywood(Gayville), do you?

It seems the same to me as well. And many of the slaves were sold by their own parents to the white slave traders. All for making a buck. Go figure!

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 07:54 AM

I see nothing different from the effigy of Gov. Palin in West Hollywood either. I think the two men in West Hollywood should be in jail at this very moment. I think the police should be investigating this incident and when they catch the person(s) that put it up, he/she or they should end up in jail as well.

That is not art. It is not funny. It is a threat to a political figure and it should not be taken lightly.

Immie

LiberalNation
10-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Our countries history makes it different. Not the act itself of course but the precieved undertones.

Kathianne
10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
It's art. Perfectly acceptable at Halloween.

red states rule
10-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I see nothing different from the effigy of Gov. Palin in West Hollywood either. I think the two men in West Hollywood should be in jail at this very moment. I think the police should be investigating this incident and when they catch the person(s) that put it up, he/she or they should end up in jail as well.

That is not art. It is not funny. It is a threat to a political figure and it should not be taken lightly.

Immie

Oh there is a big difference. Gov Palin is a white female conservative and therefore deserves what she gets

Lord Obama, the messiah, is a black liberal and therefore gets the protection his skin color and party affiliation provides him

The police should be investigating both incidents and press charges against the parties responsible

namvet
10-30-2008, 09:25 AM
BV_8-Wqoa_I

they hung Palin. why not this black bastard ?????

namvet
10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
also in Oregon

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_5505_images/1029081809_M_102908_obamaeffigy.jpg http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_5505_images/1029081809_M_102908_obamaeffigy2.jpg http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_5505_images/1029081809_M_102908_obamaeffigy3.jpg http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_5505_images/1029081809_M_102908_obamaeffigy5.jpg

trick or treat???? :coffee::lol:

Yurt
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
this is a disturbing trend...the federal authorities are called for this but the effigy of palin is ok by the police and is supported by most folks but this is not

namvet
10-30-2008, 01:26 PM
this is a disturbing trend...the federal authorities are called for this but the effigy of palin is ok by the police and is supported by most folks but this is not

the lil' monsters in LA agreed to take Palin down.

10-30-2008, 02:32 PM
What a surprise, the effigy of Palin provides no problem for the media or law enforcement. Effigy of Obama, bring in the military and destroy these bigots! (being dramatic)

Yurt
10-30-2008, 06:59 PM
What a surprise, the effigy of Palin provides no problem for the media or law enforcement. Effigy of Obama, bring in the military and destroy these bigots! (being dramatic)

don't be sure about that, you might have just foretold the future

manu1959
10-30-2008, 07:04 PM
It seems the same to me as well. And many of the slaves were sold by their own parents to the white slave traders. All for making a buck. Go figure!

maybe that is why they want reparations...they don't think they got a good deal....

5stringJeff
10-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Frankly, hanging anyone in effigy ought to be considered free speech. The 1776 generation used to hang and burn British officials in effigy.

10-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Frankly, hanging anyone in effigy ought to be considered free speech. The 1776 generation used to hang and burn British officials in effigy.

Im more disgusted by the double standard than anything here.

5stringJeff
10-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Im more disgusted by the double standard than anything here.

Me too.

LiberalNation
10-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Wrecking your college career, going to jail, and getting a record. The prank wasn't worth it but what did they expect doing it on university grounds.

2 arrested for hanging Obama effigy on Ky. campus

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081030/ap_on_re_us/obama_effigy;_ylt=AgbhcXHYoqkyOltpSFRl9.pvzwcF

UK Interim Police Chief Joe Monroe said the men "expressed remorse for a stunt that had gotten out of hand."

Arrested were Joe Fischer, 22, a UK student, and Hunter Bush, 21, both of Lexington. Both were being held at Fayette County Detention Center on charges of disorderly conduct related to the hanging of the effigy. They were also charged with burglary and theft at a fraternity house where police said the materials came from.

Lt. Tina Strange, a deputy jailer at the detention center, did not know who the men's attorneys were. She said they were each being held on $7,600 bond.

Monroe said the two men told detectives they decided to hang the effigy after seeing media reports about a Sarah Palin effigy in California.

UK President Lee Todd said the effigy violates the university's code of ethics, and Fischer faces punishment that could include expulsion.

Yurt
10-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Wrecking your college career, going to jail, and getting a record. The prank wasn't worth it but what did they expect doing it on university grounds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081030/ap_on_re_us/obama_effigy;_ylt=AgbhcXHYoqkyOltpSFRl9.pvzwcF

heil obama

emmett
10-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Yawn......................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

namvet
10-31-2008, 08:01 AM

and the 2 little bastards that hung Palin ???? your heros right ?????

LiberalNation
10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
They did it on private property and didn't steal the materials hence the big difference in the outcome.

namvet
10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
They did it on private property and didn't steal the materials hence the big difference in the outcome.

I think the good ole boys should get a medal. and set free.

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 10:17 AM

I have to ask, if the boys in Hollywood had hung an effigy of Obama and the boys in Kentucky had hung an effigy of Palin, and all other details were the same as they are now, would your viewpoint be different?

Don't answer that, just think about it.

Immie

namvet
10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
and the idiot liberal protesters at Berkeley do it with admins permission every day. :coffee: