PDA

View Full Version : Osama's Aunt found living in poverty

namvet
10-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Obama's Aunt Found Living in Rundown Boston Neighborhood

yet another relative thrown under the bus. he can't take care of his own let alone yours. change you can believe in liberals????? suckers

Zeituni Onyango, the aunt so affectionately described in Obama's best-selling memoir "Dreams fFrom My Father," lives in a disabled-access flat on a rundown public housing estate in South Boston.

A second relative believed to be the long-lost "Uncle Omar" described in the book was beaten by armed robbers with a "sawed-off rifle" while working in a corner shop in the Dorchester area of the city. He was later evicted from his one-bedroom apartment for failing to pay $2,324.20 in bills, according to the Boston Housing Court.

source (source)

stephanie
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
anyone notice, this man has NO FAMILY around him, other than his wife and two kids..

we know he has family all over the world, yet we hear hardly a peep from any of them...

just seems a little strange..

namvet
10-30-2008, 10:31 AM
anyone notice, this man has NO FAMILY around him, other than his wife and two kids..

we know he has family all over the world, yet we hear hardly a peep from any of them...

just seems a little strange..

haven't you heard???? its all about him

stephanie
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm blown away by the people who are in love with this man, when they know absolutely nothing about him, his family, his past they tried to keep hidden away from the American people....

we are now finding out just how radical he is, and his hatred for our country and white people runs deep..yet people are still willing to vote for him..

No one ever heard his name until he started running for President..it's scary to think that people will vote for just anybody, as long as they a D next to their name..

darin
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
does his aunt want or need his help?

namvet
10-30-2008, 10:39 AM
like deer caught in the headlights. its all about looks. nothing to do with politics AT ALL !!!!

hjmick
10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Looks like we may need a merger:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=19190

namvet
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
does his aunt want or need his help?

its the fact that he ignores her poverty. if you had Osama's billions would you let your family live in poverty. maybe "spread the wealth" ????

darin
10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Or she refuses his help? Maybe she's self-sufficient? :) Point of order; I highly doubt Obamamamama is a billionaire. :)

namvet
10-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Or she refuses his help? Maybe she's self-sufficient? :) Point of order; I highly doubt Obamamamama is a billionaire. :)

since when is poverty self-sufficient???? he's a billionaire off the tax records. so you would let your family live in poverty?????

darin
10-30-2008, 12:29 PM
http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/barack_obama.jpg

Found that a few minutes ago. Probably last year's data.

Of course I'd let my relatives live in poverty if they chose to do so. If they needed help, I'd help them until help turned to 'taking advantage'. I'd have no problem cutting off the lazy among my family, or the insane.

Fwiw, my aunt is not my family. She's a relative. My family = my wife and two kids.

:)

Nukeman
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
have to agree with Darrin on this!!! I would HELP my family when I could but I do have family members that CHOSE to not help themselves and waste their lives on drugs, alcohol and life of crime. This is really a non-issue for me you can not take care of everyone in your family (with charity) or you will wind up just like them in the long run.....

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Fwiw, my aunt is not my family. She's a relative. My family = my wife and two kids.

Your parents?

As for my Aunt, I would help where necessary. I would not support her simply because she didn't want to go to work.

Immie

GW in Ohio
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Obama's Aunt Found Living in Rundown Boston Neighborhood

yet another relative thrown under the bus. he can't take care of his own let alone yours. change you can believe in liberals????? suckers

source (source)

That's cute, NamVet. You've deliberately misspelled Obama's name so it's the name of our most hated enemy.

Cute.

By the way, will you drink heavily on the day of his inauguration?

stephanie
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
:lol:coming from someone who thinks they are cute..:rolleyes:

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
That's cute, NamVet. You've deliberately misspelled Obama's name so it's the name of our most hated enemy.

Cute.

By the way, will you drink heavily on the day of his inauguration?

Where you been?

Several people have been doing that on this site for months? Are you just now catching on to it?

Immie

darin
10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Your parents?

They aren't my family. They are my parents. They stopped being my family the day I got married. I stepped out from under them.

stephanie
10-30-2008, 12:48 PM
he's been doing his usual hit and run posting..that's why he doesn't know whats going on here..

namvet
10-30-2008, 12:53 PM
we don't know that's the case here huh???? she shouldn't have to ask. add to it he blew almost 5 mil on that cartoon show last night. has he ever mentioned anyone outside his family ???? he wants to help us but not them. double standard.

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
They aren't my family. They are my parents. They stopped being my family the day I got married. I stepped out from under them.

Really?

I've never heard it put like that. They raised you... sent you to college?... fed you, gave you room and board for the first part of your life?

What about in their "Golden Years"? Are you going to be there for them?

I've always felt that family goes farther than just those who sleep under my roof.

Note: I'm not saying you are wrong in your thinking.

Immie

darin
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Really?

I've never heard it put like that. They raised you... sent you to college?... fed you, gave you room and board for the first part of your life?

What about in their "Golden Years"? Are you going to be there for them?

I've always felt that family goes farther than just those who sleep under my roof.

Note: I'm not saying you are wrong in your thinking.

Immie

What are you talkin' about bro? lol. My family is my wife and kids; they are my priority. I've explained I'd love to help relatives if the need arose. I think you're reading into my comments.

But like ME, my kids won't get money for college from their parents - if they want to attend...they'll have to get it from their Uncle. Uncle Sam.

Abbey Marie
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
I agree with Darin on this one. I am not responsible for the welfare of every aunt, uncle or cousin I happen to have. Especially the ones who chose to downplay their education, and instead, got pregnant at a young age. They chose the life they are leading, imo.

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 01:15 PM
What are you talkin' about bro? lol. My family is my wife and kids; they are my priority. I've explained I'd love to help relatives if the need arose. I think you're reading into my comments.

But like ME, my kids won't get money for college from their parents - if they want to attend...they'll have to get it from their Uncle. Uncle Sam.

I had to work my way through college as well and my kids... er, if I could get my daughters off their butts, will have to do so as well. Personally, I think it means more that way.

But, I still consider my parents to be my family. My brothers are my family. I don't have any sisters (except for in-laws) man, what I would have given to have an older sister with Hot friends! :D Aunts, uncles and cousins are family as well but more like extended family.

I agree with Darin on this one. I am not responsible for the welfare of every aunt, uncle or cousin I happen to have. Especially the ones who chose to downplay their education, and instead, got pregnant at a young age. They chose the life they are leading, imo.

Not even discussing Aunts and Uncles here. Discussing parents.

Do you feel the same about your parents?

Immie

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
And what I am trying to ask is, when your (both of you) parents get old and can't work or support themselves, you guys are going to be there for them to the best of your abilities and not say, "Gee, dad, thanks for all the great times, but, I gotta go", are you?

Immie

darin
10-30-2008, 01:25 PM
And what I am trying to ask is, when your (both of you) parents get old and can't work or support themselves, you guys are going to be there for them to the best of your abilities and not say, "Gee, dad, thanks for all the great times, but, I gotta go", are you?

Immie

Why would you suspect that'd be the case? Do you suspect, based on anything I've posted here, that I'd NOT help as much as possible?

Do you think I don't LOVE my parents and stuff and junk?

Abbey Marie
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Not even discussing Aunts and Uncles here. Discussing parents.

Do you feel the same about your parents?

Immie

I was replying to Darin's original post about the original story. Nothing to do with parents. :)

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Why would you suspect that'd be the case? Do you suspect, based on anything I've posted here, that I'd NOT help as much as possible?

Do you think I don't LOVE my parents and stuff and junk?

Actually... the way you put it earlier... YES!

That's why I asked. It just didn't sound like you.

I mean you said:

I was honestly beginning to fear that maybe my parents had me SNOWED UNDER if you get my drift. :D

Immie

MtnBiker
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
From Obama's acceptance speech;

That's the promise of America - the idea that we are responsible for ourselves, but that we also rise or fall as one nation; the fundamental belief that I am my brother's keeper; I am my sister's keeper.

That's the promise we need to keep. That's the change we need right now. So let me spell out exactly what that change would mean if I am President.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/28/barack-obama-democratic-c_n_122224.html

darin
10-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Actually... the way you put it earlier... YES!

That's why I asked. It just didn't sound like you.

I mean you said:

I was honestly beginning to fear that maybe my parents had me SNOWED UNDER if you get my drift. :D

Immie

If they needed help, I'd help them ...

incase you missed it.

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 01:54 PM
incase you missed it.

I didn't miss it, but it was probably the tone that I read into it. It seemed more like a "have to" than a "I'd do it gladly" kind of statement.

Immie

darin
10-30-2008, 02:02 PM
situation dictates. :)

For the record, I'd rather people think of me as un-caring and un-giving, but the opposite be true, rather than vice-versa...or even for people to KNOW if I'm giving or caring. I prefer to stay under the radar.

But - to toot my own horn (no gay jokes, please) - last night I dreamt I owned a small jet. I let -Cp pilot and he flew us from Puyallup WA to Vantage WA to get blackberry milkshakes from that little place there off the freeway. I said to him in my dream "You fly, I buy."

Immanuel
10-30-2008, 02:11 PM
situation dictates. :)

For the record, I'd rather people think of me as un-caring and un-giving, but the opposite be true, rather than vice-versa...or even for people to KNOW if I'm giving or caring. I prefer to stay under the radar.

But - to toot my own horn (no gay jokes, please) - last night I dreamt I owned a small jet. I let -Cp pilot and he flew us from Puyallup WA to Vantage WA to get blackberry milkshakes from that little place there off the freeway. I said to him in my dream "You fly, I buy."

You actually got in a jet with -Cp as the pilot? Dream or not? Have you had your sanity checked recently? :D

Immie

Trigg
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
IMO this is a non issue. I have extended family that are low income. You can't be held responsible for the welfare of family members.

darin
10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
You actually got in a jet with -Cp as the pilot? Dream or not? Have you had your sanity checked recently? :D

Immie

My local health-care clinic ran out of funding, so...no....thanks to GWB.

:(