PDA

View Full Version : Oh, by the way...

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Happy Halloween everyone.

It is 11:46am in Tampa, and it just occurred to me that today is Halloween.

No one ever dresses up anymore. It's a non-holiday for the most part or so it seems.

Immie

hjmick
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Boo.

darin
10-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I was in Tampa on 15 october. :) I love it there.

Boo.

...bies.

gabosaurus
10-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Not true! My daughter is going to a Halloween carnival tonight as a princess.

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Not true! My daughter is going to a Halloween carnival tonight as a princess.

I thought Halloween carnivals were supposed to be for dress up.

Isn't your daughter already a princess? I know mine were.

Immie

gabosaurus
10-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Well of course she is. My daughter is Daddy's Princess. But she wanted to dress as one.
The elementary school allowed all the kids to come in costume today. I am guessing it was hilarious.

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Well of course she is. My daughter is Daddy's Princess. But she wanted to dress as one.
The elementary school allowed all the kids to come in costume today. I am guessing it was hilarious.

I know of someone who's first grader was not allowed to dress up today because there is a Jehovah's Witness child in his class. I respect the wishes of the JW parents, but it sure seems unfair to me that they should take away from the joys of 20 some odd other first graders.

Immie

Trigg
10-31-2008, 02:04 PM
Happy Halloween everyone.

It is 11:46am in Tampa, and it just occurred to me that today is Halloween.

No one ever dresses up anymore. It's a non-holiday for the most part or so it seems.

Immie

I didn't know you were from Tampa.....

Do they still have Guavaween (?) down in Ybor City?????? A friend and I went dressed as belly dancers one year. It was a blast.

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 02:10 PM
I didn't know you were from Tampa.....

Do they still have Guavaween (?) down in Ybor City?????? A friend and I went dressed as belly dancers one year. It was a blast.

I live here now. I am not from Tampa.

Honestly, I'm not sure about Guavaween. I haven't heard that they are planning anything tonight but surely they must be. My son got invited to a Christian Rock Band concert in Ybor City (I know the guitarist) tonight. My son doesn't even know about it and he isn't going. Ybor City is not the place for a 16 year old boy alone on Halloween Night even if he is with other Christians!

But, now that you mention Guavaween, I'm glad I didn't even tell him about the concert. I would have been very upset if I tried to drive him there tonight.

Immie

Trigg
10-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I haven't been to Ybor in years, hubby was there 2 yrs ago and he says the city has cleaned up the area quite a bit.

But your right, it's not a place for a 16yr old.

10-31-2008, 04:31 PM
I dressed up as Frank Castle for a party last weekend. other than that im not doing anything.