PDA

View Full Version : No Sympathy, She is No Victim

hjmick
10-31-2008, 12:05 PM
While getting ready for work earlier this week, I had the news on as I often do while preparing for the day. One stroy on this particular morning stood out. It was the story of a woman in San Diego who was chaining herself to her home. Apparently it was/is going to be foreclosed on and she refused to give it up. In the course of the interview, she blamed the banks, the mortgage companies, the government, just about everyone but herself. I just rolled my eyes and commented to the Mrs. that people are idiots, that damn near everyne should be looking at themselves and the decisions they made before laying the blame for their actions at the feet of others. I am a firm believer in personal responsibility and have, over the years, grown weary of the victim mentality that runs like the Mississippi through this country.

But I digress...

Fast forward to today...

It seems as though this woman, June Reyno, who has spent the last three days chained to her front porch in protest, has lost a total of seven homes in Riverside County to foreclosure in the last three years. Records show she borrowed three times against the house to which she is currently chained. But none of it is her fault.

Give me a break. No sympathy here, she did this to herself. Most people did.

News 8 Investigation: Is She Victim Of The Economy, Or Her Own Actions?
Last Updated:
10-30-08 at 5:36PM

A woman facing foreclosure goes to the extreme to save her house, but News 8 has learned that it's not the first time she's been in this situation.

Earlier this week, News 8 first brought you the sympathetic story of a Mira Mesa woman who chained herself to her house to keep from losing it to foreclosure. However, a News 8 investigation has uncovered a history of foreclosures involving that same woman, dating back three years.

Fifty-four-year-old June Reyno has spent the last three days chained to her front porch, saying she won't give in and lose her home to foreclosure. But documents show this isn't the first, second or even the third time she's lost a piece of property because she's defaulted on her loan.

"We actually only have the one home left," said Reyno.

Fifty eight documents over three years. They're public records that show Reyno has been buying, selling, renting and defaulting on payments for properties throughout Riverside County...

Joe Stemmer sold two Palm Springs properties to Reyno in 2006. The original note on the homes was for $44,000 each.

Stemmer says she made two payments at the agreed note amount of $256 a month. But then he claims the payments stopped and the excuses started.

"When it got so stretched to the point when I couldn't earn enough money any longer to keep supporting those mortgages, as we were waiting for our business plan to open up, I had to borrow from this house," said Reyno.

Reyno admits she has lost a total of seven homes in Riverside County to foreclosure. Homes she claims she bought as investments to start an elderly care business.

San Diego records show she borrowed three times against her Presley Street home to help pay for the ones in the desert.

With fees, fines, and interest, she says she now owes $770,000...

"Anybody that signs a bunch of loan papers not knowing how they're gonna pay for it is certainly partially responsible," said Stemmer.

Complete story... (http://www.cbs8.com/stories/story.144919.html)

"Anybody that signs a bunch of loan papers not knowing how they're gonna pay for it is certainly partially responsible," said Stemmer.

No, Joe, she is completely responsible.

10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
partially responsible? No completely responsible. You dont borrow money you cant pay back. Its as simple as that.

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 01:44 PM
Fully responsible?

Not so sure about that... any idiot that would lend her money after the first one or two foreclosures (which certainly must be on her credit report) is just that... an idiot.

Okay... she's responsible, but they are still idiots.

Immie

gabosaurus
10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Personal responsibility has been dead for quite some time.

Immanuel
10-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Personal responsibility has been dead for quite some time.

Killed by the politically correct movement.

Immie

Trinity
10-31-2008, 02:58 PM
You know this brings to mine my 12 year old. And I would love to know where he got his line of thinking from? Because I most certainly do not endorse it and correct him every time I hear it come out of his mouth.

But he has a bad habit of saying it's not my fault, even though it most certainly is. For instance he had a D in his Health class at mid terms.

I asked him why? what happened? His response; it's not my fault.

I said who's fault is it. He says well I did it and forgot it in my locker (the paper that dropped his grade to a D) I didn't get it turned in til the next day, so I got a 0 on it.

I said and how is that not your fault?:poke:

His response well I don't know but it's not my fault. (Insert strangling child smiley here)

Binky
10-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Sadly, this has become the catch phrase of Americans. No matter what the situation, or whom is involved, whether it be teachers, kids, politicians, government workers etc., it's always the same when something happens. "It isn't my fault." Makes no difference in the world to me as to whose fault it is. It's a cop out at any level. It's an easy out for people. And it's become prevelant in the US. There just isn't any accountability anymore. My question is, "what the hell happened?" I taught my children that when they steal something, they will make amends for it one way or the other.

But nowadays, we have people like OJ Simpson, and politicians that are the role models. They do their dasderly deeds and get away with them. Altho', finally, maybe, just maybe, he will get sentenced. Too bad his sentence won't be what he should've got for murder. Let's say, life or even the death penalty.