PDA

View Full Version : US strikes in Pakistan

theHawk
10-31-2008, 12:32 PM
This kind of news seems to take a backseat to the Obamamania coverage.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) — Two separate suspected U.S. missile strikes killed 28 people in northwest Pakistan Friday, military sources and local and intelligence officials told CNN.

In the first strike, suspected U.S. missiles from two unmanned drones hit a village in North Waziristan, killing 21 people, local and intelligence officials said.

According to the officials, the attack occurred in a village in Mir Ali. The missiles hit a house, which then burned to the ground, the officials said. It was not immediately clear if those killed had been inside. Those killed were not identified.

Later, two suspected U.S. drones fired two missiles at a house in South Waziristan, killing seven people, locals and military and intelligence sources said.

Five of the dead were suspected to have been Arab fighters, a tribal chief said.

Five people were also injured in the attack, which occurred around 10:30 p.m. in a village near Wana, according to local and intelligence sources.

No other details were immediately available, and there was no immediate reaction from the U.S. military.

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

diuretic
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
There'll be a lot more until January I reckon.

Gaffer
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
So how is a missile suspect? And a suspected predator? The writer really needs to learn how to write articles. And five were suspected killed in a strike.

diuretic
11-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Good point - it's really fractured, I just skimmed it before and missed that. Or perhaps my eyes were offended by it and I obliterated it from my mind.

Journos ain't what they used to be.