PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunting

Trigg
10-31-2008, 02:48 PM
My oldest son (15) has decided he wants to go deer hunting this year. This is a huge surprise because when he was younger (8) we thought for sure he was gonna be a tree hugger and vegetarian. Of course the vegetarian part only lasted until he realized where ham came from :laugh2:

Anyway, he's only shot a 22 before. He's not a bad shot with the 22, although that and a shotgun are completely different. I need to find somewhere to take him for target practice so he can get used to the recoil.

My dad used to hunt every year and has the orange vests, guns and ammo. I'm talking him into going with hubby and son, it's always a good idea to take someone along who knows how to field dress a deer.

jackass
10-31-2008, 02:51 PM
Being from NJ and now living in SC, I am still puzzled about the whole hunting thing. I would do it if I needed to eat but I just dont see the sport in it using a gun. A bow maybe...

Trigg
10-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Being from NJ and now living in SC, I am still puzzled about the whole hunting thing. I would do it if I needed to eat but I just dont see the sport in it using a gun. A bow maybe...

Bow hunting is a pain in the rear. My dad used to do that also, never got anything.

I don't know anyone who hunts and doesn't eat the meat. Deer is actually pretty good, especially made into summer sausage.

crin63
10-31-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping to go to Colorado next year to go deer hunting. I may get a California tag next year also. My younger son and my pastor want to go also.