PDA

View Full Version : Why no posting?

jimnyc
03-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I see a lot of members logging on daily and not as much posting as before. And obviously, some members have not returned in awhile. Anyone wanna chime in as to why, or their thoughts on the slowness lately?

I have started some rather aggressive campaigns to enlist new members, and it may take awhile, but they'll come. I'm also working on aesthetics of the board, and any new additions to the functionality that might make everyone's stay here more enjoyable. Just looking for feedback if anyone is unhappy about anything, or a reason as to why they may not be posting.

Thanks!

LiberalNation
03-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Don't run in this board members circles so don't know. I've been posting my lil heart out though so it ain't me.

Mr. P
03-21-2007, 09:11 PM
I see a lot of members logging on daily and not as much posting as before. And obviously, some members have not returned in awhile. Anyone wanna chime in as to why, or their thoughts on the slowness lately?

I have started some rather aggressive campaigns to enlist new members, and it may take awhile, but they'll come. I'm also working on aesthetics of the board, and any new additions to the functionality that might make everyone's stay here more enjoyable. Just looking for feedback if anyone is unhappy about anything, or a reason as to why they may not be posting.

Thanks!

Seems the flow went back to the other side from what I’ve seen. Why I donno, they’re all members here too. Maybe 'she' has a spell on em! :laugh2:

Sitarro
03-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Seems the flow went back to the other side from what I’ve seen. Why I donno, they’re all members here too. Maybe 'she' has a spell on em! :laugh2:

The post count over there might be up but there is very little substance that I have seen.

CSM
03-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Just my perspective:

It is hard to find something to debate that doesn't degenerate to either a sophmoric disertation or pure unadulterated partisan bull crap with absolutely no ground for debate.

I like to debate, but the most prolific posters (or so it seems) are either trolling or looking for attention. I find that environment less than stimulating or entertaining....

Still, I have hopes!

CSM
03-21-2007, 09:33 PM
The post count over there might be up but there is very little substance that I have seen.

"Over there" has a few threads, but they have their problems too I think. Lots of infighting still going on. I suspect it will take a while for this side of the house to get back into the swing of things. Let's face it...both boards have gotten welll out of "discussion" or "debate" for a while....hopefully we'll get back on track and have some thought provoking conversations in the near future.

Mr. P
03-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Just my perspective:

It is hard to find something to debate that doesn't degenerate to either a sophmoric disertation or pure unadulterated partisan bull crap with absolutely no ground for debate.

I like to debate, but the most prolific posters (or so it seems) are either trolling or looking for attention. I find that environment less than stimulating or entertaining....

Still, I have hopes!
As one that will just poke at folks out of boredom, I have to agree.

Hobbit
03-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I've been posting little because, unless somebody specifically picks a fight (the libs taunting my southern...'ethnicity,' for example), I've tending more and more to a sniper. Most days, I'll wait until I've got a good, clean shot before I post.

manu1959
03-21-2007, 11:02 PM
i have to work.....the economy is just too good....

Gaffer
03-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm still posting like I always did, no changes here.

Abbey Marie
03-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Me too. :salute:

5stringJeff
03-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm a posting fool. And stuff, and junk, or wahtever.

Sitarro
03-22-2007, 12:33 AM

Great avatar Gaffer, it would make a killer tshirt!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Gaffer
03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Great avatar Gaffer, it would make a killer tshirt!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah I think so too. Pro Bush avatars are hard to find but I keep looking.

Psychoblues
03-22-2007, 02:15 AM
Jim, I think you are going through some growing pains. It is clear that my most adamant detractors continue to post HERE and they also post a little bit there. Give the board a chance, Jim, and let it grow on it's on.

In my opinion, much of what drives potential members away is senseless and seemingly uneducated pissing contests, name calling, personal attacks and other obvious misunderstanding and completely inappropriate remarks that are allowed in these forums. That said, I appreciate that they are allowed. It is always comforting to me to be able to tell the asshole that just told me to "fuck off" to "kiss my ass and fuck off as well". Dig it?

That is a distraction that you need to address, Jim, and I am confident that you will make at least an intelligent decision whether it turns out correct or wrong. Dig that as well?

SassyLady
03-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Personally..........I've been posting at both sites. Felt there was still "biznis" to finish over there - don't like people bashing others for being honest and having enough spine to buck the system for what they believed to be the right thing to do.

.......and then, of course, it's also fascinating to watch some of the melt downs.

Also, my sporadic posting depends on whether hubby :drillsarge: is home.........when he is I'm too preoocupied and tired from

:cheers2: :dance: :ssex: :argue: :poke: :salute: :bang3: :boobies:

and riding the Harley that I have no energy to post!!! :laugh2:

03-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Honestly, I havent said much of anything anywhere because there is nothing in the news interesting me anywhere.

SassyLady
03-22-2007, 02:40 AM
Also wanted to add that when I do come here - I spend most of my time reading and getting caught up. Came in today and there were 750+ posts. That's a lot of catching up to do.

When I am here, I try to locate posters who are online and read the last 4-5 posts they've made and I spend most of my time repping people.

stephanie
03-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Jim, I think you are going through some growing pains. It is clear that my most adamant detractors continue to post HERE and they also post a little bit there. Give the board a chance, Jim, and let it grow on it's on.

In my opinion, much of what drives potential members away is senseless and seemingly uneducated pissing contests, name calling, personal attacks and other obvious misunderstanding and completely inappropriate remarks that are allowed in these forums. That said, I appreciate that they are allowed. It is always comforting to me to be able to tell the asshole that just told me to "fuck off" to "kiss my ass and fuck off as well". Dig it?

That is a distraction that you need to address, Jim, and I am confident that you will make at least an intelligent decision whether it turns out correct or wrong. Dig that as well?

Oh my friggin Gawd...

This from a man who won't call me Stephanie, or Steph....
He calls me Staphy,....
And has every since I've met him, for over four yrs.. now...
But for him right now come off as some holier than thou....
That just cracked me up........

LOVE YA PSYCHO...yer aok in my book..:laugh2:

Nienna
03-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I have not been posting as much because I have been busy in "real life." But I still love the board! :)

CockySOB
03-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Real life intrudes, Jim. This has been mid terms and I've had a full round of exams and software projects which needed grading. Not to mention the other "stuff" which goes on.

Roomy
03-22-2007, 10:45 AM
England got beat off Wales.

mrg666
03-22-2007, 06:32 PM

gotta agree with that
i admit to having a bit of a giggle at the flaming but it goes a little too far sometimes

Yurt
03-22-2007, 07:56 PM
I am posting about the same.

Did notice though, that the "some" members have left were quite prolific posting members. They also had posts that generated responses, from both libs and repubs. IMHO.

We shall grow.

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 09:22 PM
I have found that there isn't a whole lot of national news that is really worth my commenting on, only because I typically agree with whatever is posted by others, and I find it redundant to just post 'i agree', which doesn't serve a real purpose, other than to boost my post count, which I am not out to do just for the sake of doing it. Really, it is a slow time for news, and there is far more local news going on that I can chat with the local people on another board that I go to.

Once the '08 race heats up more towards the end of the year, I'll probably post more and be more active here. Right now, I am part of a local group that has kind of formed through our local FM talk radio station here, 100.3 KTLK, and a make-shift group called the "Tax Cut Coalition", lead by Jason Lewis who is the 4-7pm talk personality who has been one by one, calling out all the liberals and exposing them for what they are. We are gathering together on 4/14 on the capitol steps to pretty much protest and show support for the tax cuts. He also says he has some kind of announcement to make that day too, which many are rumoring to say he's going to run for office, possibly senator (vying for turncoat Norm Coleman's place is what many are guessing). SuzyQ, who joined here last week, is also part of our group here in MN, and I think she'll be joining us on Saturday.

Yurt
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
You know who you are, and I can't believe you will not post here. Especially given the verbal fights I have been in with at least (two of you, you know who you are) two posters. You posters offer a lot.

I stayed, despite withering attacks by (at least two former awesome member posters I can think of, they know) and still come.

Is that bad? Can you not debate?

Trigg
03-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I think the sight looks real good. But, gotta agree with others who said it's just a slow news time, not much going on it seems.

It'll come back.

Roomy
03-23-2007, 02:08 PM
In my opinion, since a number of liberal minded posters have either been driven from or banned from the board debate has become non existent, agreement and backslapping shouldn't be what it is about, but unfortunately it seems to be.:cool:

Abbey Marie
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Also, my sporadic posting depends on whether hubby :drillsarge: is home.........when he is I'm too preoocupied and tired from

:cheers2: :dance: :ssex: :argue: :poke: :salute: :bang3: :boobies:

and riding the Harley that I have no energy to post!!! :laugh2:

Okay, I'm exhausted just thinking about all of that- but a "good" kind of exhausted. :>)

LiberalNation
03-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Well ya know banning all the liberals for things conservatives get away with is not going to be good for debate. Nearly every liberal I've seen post here has been banned atleast once.

theHawk
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
I haven't been posting much either. Mainly because I have a new job and I am much more busy....don't have alot of free time to roam the boards.

dan
03-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Jim-

I moved not too long ago and haven't had the time (or the funds, really) to get internet hooked up yet. And, the only place in town that has free WiFi is Taco Bell, where I am right now. But, needless to say, I haven't been online much in the past month.

jackass
03-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Jim-

I moved not too long ago and haven't had the time (or the funds, really) to get internet hooked up yet. And, the only place in town that has free WiFi is Taco Bell, where I am right now. But, needless to say, I haven't been online much in the past month.

Been wondering where the hell you been! Taco Bell has free WiFi?? Awesome!

Abbey Marie
03-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Jim-

Drop the chalupa, and post more! :D

Mr. P
03-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Been wondering where the hell you been! Taco Bell has free WiFi?? Awesome!

I hear they have free food poisoning too.

dan
03-25-2007, 02:44 PM
I hear they have free food poisoning too.

Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. I'm posting this from the toilet right now.:laugh2:

In all honesty, I don't like Taco Bell, and I never eat here, so I'm sure the managers are probably getting sick of me coming in and ordering an $.89 drink, then using their internet for two hours!

jimnyc
03-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette. I'm posting this from the toilet right now.:laugh2:

Das just a nasty visual!

jackass
03-25-2007, 03:40 PM

In all honesty, I don't like Taco Bell, and I never eat here, so I'm sure the managers are probably getting sick of me coming in and ordering an $.89 drink, then using their internet for two hours!

Naaah there just glad to have you there! Hahaha