PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Obama aunt living in US illegally

hjmick
11-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh that's got to sting just a little bit, even if he didn't know, and I'm fairly certain he had no clue.

AP: Obama aunt from Kenya living in US illegally
Nov 1 12:08 AM US/Eastern
By EILEEN SULLIVAN and ELLIOT SPAGAT
Associated Press Writers 1 Comments

WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama's aunt, a Kenyan woman who has been quietly living in public housing in Boston, is in the United States illegally after an immigration judge rejected her request for asylum four years ago, The Associated Press has learned.

Zeituni Onyango, 56, referred to as "Aunti Zeituni" in Obama's memoir, was instructed to leave the United States by a U.S. immigration judge who denied her asylum request, a person familiar with the matter told the AP late Friday. This person spoke on condition of anonymity because no one was authorized to discuss Onyango's case.

Information about the deportation case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one of them a federal law enforcment official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release.

Onyango's refusal to leave the country would represent an administrative, non-criminal violation of U.S. immigration law, meaning such cases are handled outside the criminal court system. Estimates vary, but many experts believe there are more than 10 million such immigrants in the United States...

Onyango's case—coming to light just days before the presidential election—led to an unusual nationwide directive within Immigrations and Customs Enforcement requiring any deportations prior to Tuesday's election to be approved at least at the level of ICE regional directors, the U.S. law enforcement official told the AP.

The unusual directive suggests that the Bush administration is sensitive to the political implications of Onyango's case coming to light so close to the election...

It was not immediately clear how Onyango might have qualified for public housing with a standing deportation order.

Complete story... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D945TEE01&show_article=1)

theHawk
11-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Its kind of amazing to me how Obama seems to have no relationship to any of his relatives. He is a millionaire and he has relatives living in poverty in Africa, and even here in the states.

What is with this guy? Does he have any friends or family that he isn't hiding?

manu1959
11-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Its kind of amazing to me how Obama seems to have no relationship to any of his relatives. He is a millionaire and he has relatives living in poverty in Africa, and even here in the states.

What is with this guy? Does he have any friends or family that he isn't hiding?

except his white grandma......other than that he has shunned his kenyan roots.....well except the part about being african american.....

11-01-2008, 12:09 PM
What gets me is he isnt aware whats going on with his own family and expects to be able to take care of all the American people

LiberalNation
11-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Do ya'll keep up with extended family that weren't a part of your life growing up and you've only met a few times.

I think this might hurt him a little but nothing serious. The donations from her look bad, taking from the extremely poor and all that.

hjmick
11-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Do ya'll keep up with extended family that weren't a part of your life growing up and you've only met a few times.

Actually, yes I do. Family is family.

I think this might hurt him a little but nothing serious. The donations from her look bad, taking from the extremely poor and all that.

I don't think it will hurt him one iota. As I said, I'm fairly certain he had no clue as to her status.

LiberalNation
11-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Actually, yes I do. Family is family.
I come from a large family. I don't even know some of my relatives, second cousins, great aunt/uncles, and such.

stephanie
11-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I come from a large family. I don't even know some of my relatives, second cousins, great aunt/uncles, and such.

he writes about this woman in his book, that he supposedly wrote..

yet he doesn't know anything more about her now..

lets get real..

Trigg
11-01-2008, 03:19 PM

This is his Aunt, that's a little different than great aunt or second cousin.

I didn't grow up around my family either, but I know where my aunts and uncles are.

Having said that he is in no way responsible for her poverty. I have family members who are low income, I think everyone probably does.

The woman should be deported though, she's ignored a deportation order and in therefore a fugitive.

hjmick
11-01-2008, 05:28 PM

I understand, my family is rather large as well. The second cousins and great uncles/aunts I'm not that up with, but the rest of the motley clan, we all keep in touch. Good thing we get that free long distance on the cell phones.

Binky
11-01-2008, 08:16 PM
The key factor here is the fact that she is an illegal. The same as millions of those from Mexico. She should be tossed out of the country. But under the circumstances that she's related to the messiah, nothing will come of it. Just like all the other millions of illegals, she'll get to stay and live her life here. The messiah will see to that.

LiberalNation
11-01-2008, 08:37 PM
No not like many from mexico. She came here legally on a visa and overstayed they came here ilegally to begin with. Fine line but different none the same.

namvet
11-01-2008, 08:56 PM
and how much is auntie drawing from the taxpayers????

Binky
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
No not like many from mexico. She came here legally on a visa and overstayed they came here ilegally to begin with. Fine line but different none the same.

She overstayed and didn't leave. Therefore, she is still here illegally.

11-02-2008, 10:03 AM

Illegal Immigration isnt about Mexicans. It's about protecting our sovereignty from those who think they can enter this nation illegally.

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 10:32 AM
yeah but she didn't enter illegally. She was vetted and recieved a visa first.

namvet
11-02-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah but she didn't enter illegally. She was vetted and recieved a visa first.

lets see it

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 11:12 AM
um, why don't you start by reading the news articles on this story.

namvet
11-02-2008, 11:23 AM
um, why don't you start by reading the news articles on this story.

I have. you didn't.

The (Osama) campaign said it was returning $260 that Onyango had contributed in small increments to Obama's presidential bid over several months. Federal election law prohibits foreigners from making political donations. Onyango listed her employer as the Boston Housing Authority and last gave $5 on Sept. 19.

well????

OCA
11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
The key factor here is the fact that she is an illegal. The same as millions of those from Mexico. She should be tossed out of the country. But under the circumstances that she's related to the messiah, nothing will come of it. Just like all the other millions of illegals, she'll get to stay and live her life here. The messiah will see to that.

So would McCain or did you not know he supports amnesty also?

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I have. you didn't.

well????

which has nothing to do with proving she didn't first come here on a legal visa.

namvet
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
which has nothing to do with proving she didn't first come here on a legal visa.

then why did Osama give the $$$ back ???? it proves it conclusively !!!!

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 02:45 PM
No it's proves she isn't an Ameican citizen, and is in this counry illegally at this time. Not that she entered illegally in the first place which is all I've been saying.

namvet
11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
No it's proves she isn't an Ameican citizen, and is in this counry illegally at this time. Not that she entered illegally in the first place which is all I've been saying.

lets see the passport. put it on. press 1 for english

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
read the article, like I said.

Gaffer
11-02-2008, 02:57 PM

You support amnesty as well. Your just as liberal as they are when it comes to that.

namvet
11-02-2008, 03:38 PM
read the article, like I said.

Osama says she here illegally - case closed.

LiberalNation
11-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Feds investigating leak about Obama's aunt

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081102/ap_on_el_pr/obama_aunt;_ylt=AnLHCxPMCv1cjxb3sgnzrjQDW7oF

WASHINGTON – The government is investigating whether any laws were broken in the disclosure that Barack Obama's aunt was living in the country illegally.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement asked its inspector general and the Office of Professional Responsibility on Saturday to investigate whether any policies were violated when information about Onyango's case was publicly disclosed, ICE spokeswoman Kelly Nantel said. The Homeland Security Department, which oversees ICE, cannot disclose details about an individual's immigration status.

Information about Onyango's case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one a federal law enforcement official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release, just five days before the presidential election. Obama's campaign strategist David Axelrod said people are suspicious about stories that surface so close to an election.

Kathianne
11-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Feds investigating leak about Obama's aunt

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081102/ap_on_el_pr/obama_aunt;_ylt=AnLHCxPMCv1cjxb3sgnzrjQDW7oF

WASHINGTON – The government is investigating whether any laws were broken in the disclosure that Barack Obama's aunt was living in the country illegally.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement asked its inspector general and the Office of Professional Responsibility on Saturday to investigate whether any policies were violated when information about Onyango's case was publicly disclosed, ICE spokeswoman Kelly Nantel said. The Homeland Security Department, which oversees ICE, cannot disclose details about an individual's immigration status.

Information about Onyango's case was disclosed and confirmed by two separate sources, one a federal law enforcement official. The information they made available is known to officials in the federal government, but the AP could not establish whether anyone at a political level in the Bush administration or in the McCain campaign had been involved in its release, just five days before the presidential election. Obama's campaign strategist David Axelrod said people are suspicious about stories that surface so close to an election.
Seems they should be much more concerned about Joe the Plumbers rights, after all he is an American citizen. That the full power of the government was turned on investigating him, along with the MSM, shameful.

manu1959
11-02-2008, 06:37 PM
wanna bet she isn't deported for breaking the law but the person that reported she was breaking the law will go to jail...........

Binky
11-02-2008, 06:45 PM

Of course I know that. The politicians are the same breed of species. Letting those illegals enter and stay is a wrong against the American people and I don't care who is letting them do it. Both are assholes. A real sweet pair they've aligned for us to vote on. Yea!!!!!!

manu1959
11-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Of course I know that. The politicians are the same breed of species. Letting those illegals enter and stay is a wrong against the American people and I don't care who is letting them do it. Both are assholes. A real sweet pair they've aligned for us to vote on. Yea!!!!!!

don't vote for either of them...

Binky
11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
don't vote for either of them...

You've figured that out, eh?

OCA
11-03-2008, 03:36 PM
You support amnesty as well. Your just as liberal as they are when it comes to that.

Yep, and if amnesty would take place the economy would probably improve.