PDA

View Full Version : My little tribute to the US Soldiers

jimnyc
11-01-2008, 06:40 AM
I usually like to post this "song" around Christmas time in dedication to our soldiers. And I know it's not Christmas yet, but I wanted to try out my new slideshow program. I was driving home from NJ yesterday and had a CD in filled with about 200 mp3's when this song came on. As usual it gave me goosebumps and left me thinking for quite awhile. I decided to gather some photos and toss together a small tribute to our currently serving soldiers, veterans & fallen soldiers. For those that don't know, the last frame in the video is of Audie Murphy, perhaps one of my biggest heroes, and one perhaps America's most decorated and bravest soldier that ever lived.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OlJ2Z-K2_lo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Kathianne
11-01-2008, 07:16 AM
I've always loved that audio piece. Thanks Jim. The photos are great! :salute:

Psychoblues
11-03-2008, 04:47 AM
I am on dial up, jimnyc. But I think I know how you feel. Our soldiers, former and present and even future, are the very best. A job well done is quite simply a job well done. I certainly hope the failures of the idiots that send our soldiers to their "places in the sky" are equally held accountable.

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute: