PDA

View Full Version : Dave To Barack: We're Going To Have A Problem

Kathianne
11-01-2008, 04:28 PM
LOL! Too true. Links at site, I'll throw in the video, as it's too good:

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/oceans_to_keep_rising/

Tim Blair
Saturday, November 01, 2008 at 02:21pm

The de-Jesusing of Obama is underway:
Barack Obama’s senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week’s election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harboring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

They’ve been told to “believe”. And now it’s their fault?

The sudden financial crisis and the prospect of a deep and painful recession have increased the urgency inside the Obama team to bring people down to earth, after a campaign in which his soaring rhetoric and promises of “hope” and “change” are now confronted with the reality of a stricken economy.
Or “reality”, as it is otherwise known.

One senior adviser told The Times that the first few weeks of the transition, immediately after the election, were critical, “so there’s not a vast mood swing from exhilaration and euphoria to despair.”

Good call; you don’t want this lady turning up at the White House asking for free gas. Which wise advisor realised that Obama’s “heal the planet” nonsense may have gone too far?

The aide said that Obama himself was the first to realize that expectations risked being inflated.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/381gFG4Crr8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/381gFG4Crr8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stephanie
11-01-2008, 05:09 PM
How fricken sick is that, that they even have to think up something like that..

and people DO fall for it..we have a couple right here on this board..:eek:

Kathianne
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
How fricken sick is that, that they even have to think up something like that..

and people DO fall for it..we have a couple right here on this board..:eek:
I won't have to put gasoline in my car or worry about my mortgage. We take care of Obama, he'll take care of us. Sheesh!

LiberalNation
11-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Every politician makes promises they can't or wont keep on the campaign trail to get elected. Obama is no different in that respect. He is a professional politician.

Kathianne
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Every politician makes promises they can't or wont keep on the campaign trail to get elected. Obama is no different in that respect. He is a professional politician.

But they played their game to people who don't seem to understand the difference. This could end up ugly, even if he wins.

LiberalNation
11-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Doubt it, once the election is over those people will most likly stop paying attention. Not the type of people who keep up with the news. It might hurt his chance at re-election four years later but besides that....

manu1959
11-01-2008, 08:26 PM
the excuses have begun ....to funny.....

Sitarro
11-02-2008, 02:28 AM

Gee, I thought he was about CHANGE, not the status quo.

Binky
11-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Oh buddy, is that idiot of a woman in for a rude awakening. She is going to collaspse when she finally discovers he was full of shit just like the rest of them.