PDA

View Full Version : The Breck girl no more?

03-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Rumor has it that John Edwards may be dropping out of the Presidential race tomorrow because from the sounds of it his wife's cancer may be back.

Course no one will know till his Press conference.

I think he comes off as an idiot most of the time, but I hope his wife is alright and that he is able to stick in the race for a while.

Gaffer
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Hey that's as good an excuse as any. He would only win the moonbat vote anyway.

stephanie
03-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I won't be sad to see Edwards go...

But if true about his wife I will pray she will be alright..

03-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I won't be sad to see Edwards go...

But if true about his wife I will pray she will be alright..

I will be, because i think alot of the stuff he does is funny. But if his family needs him then thats where he should be and i hope his wife is alright.

GW in Ohio
03-22-2007, 11:10 AM
This is a shame, first, because the Edwardses have had enough tragedy in their lives (their eldest son was killed in an automobile accident).

It's a shame, secondly, because seeing John Edwards inaugurated as president would have pissed off some of you right-wing wackos enormously.

5stringJeff
03-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Apparently, he's going on with his campaign in spite of his wife's illness:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/03/22/ap3542564.html

03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
This is a shame, first, because the Edwardses have had enough tragedy in their lives (their eldest son was killed in an automobile accident).

It's a shame, secondly, because seeing John Edwards inaugurated as president would have pissed off some of you right-wing wackos enormously.

pissed us off? nah. To be honest, I think id prefer edwards to the other guys you want to nominate. He is a pretty amusing guy. Of course thats cause im laughing at him and i probably shouldnt do that as much.

Besides, if edwards was the nominee he would never win. The Republicans have too many qualified candidates running. It wouldnt matter who is running Edwards wouldnt look good in comparison.

03-22-2007, 01:15 PM

Thats good for him. I still hope his wife is alright.

Mr. P
03-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Yeah, I heard that on the news. They also said it was found in her bone, ribs I think they said. I'd give her < 1 year. I don't understand why he's going to continue, sympathy vote maybe?

03-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I heard that on the news. They also said it was found in her bone, ribs I think they said. I'd give her < 1 year. I don't understand why he's going to continue, sympathy vote maybe?

Well I think she probably wanted him to continue. Can't imagine continuing otherwise. I dont think he is making any political moves. Maybe they just realize its going to be terminal regardless of whether he runs or not so just continue the plans.

Mr. P
03-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Well I think she probably wanted him to continue. Can't imagine continuing otherwise. I dont think he is making any political moves. Maybe they just realize its going to be terminal regardless of whether he runs or not so just continue the plans.

That very weel may be the case and I did hear she is going with him on the trail,
hard to say how long that will last though. Very sad, I feel for them both.

03-22-2007, 02:21 PM
That very weel may be the case and I did hear she is going with him on the trail,
hard to say how long that will last though. Very sad, I feel for them both.

I do too. And there probably will be some sympathy vote involved. Especially if she dies close to the primaries... But I don't think believe that is his intention.

I think more than likely both of them just feel there is no point to stop living their lives just because she might not live as long.

GW in Ohio
03-22-2007, 02:56 PM
pissed us off? nah. To be honest, I think id prefer edwards to the other guys you want to nominate. He is a pretty amusing guy. Of course thats cause im laughing at him and i probably shouldnt do that as much.

Besides, if edwards was the nominee he would never win. The Republicans have too many qualified candidates running. It wouldnt matter who is running Edwards wouldnt look good in comparison.

What a smug, arrogant right-wing wacko you are.

So Edwards wouldn't look good compared to McCain? You need to move out of your inbred, Limbaugh-fueled right-wing circles more. Get out in the real world. You might be surprised to find, for example, that a large majority of Americans think George Bush is a terrible president.

stephanie
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
:lol:

I guess we found an Edwards voter...

stephanie
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM
It's already starting.....
I'm really sorry about Elizabeth's illness...
But what I REALLY cant stand.....Is people using it for a Political campaign.....Coming next....We can't say anything against Edwards, because his wife is ill...Mark my words..

Patmccccc (671 posts) Thu Mar-22-07 01:17 PM
Original message
If you could ask Elizabeth where to donate I have a hunch she would say John's campaign
Edited on Thu Mar-22-07 01:20 PM by Patmccccc
Because his win would, in turn, be a huge help to cancer research in the end (AND so much more). A better way IMO.
--------------------------------------
demnan (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-22-07 03:44 PM
Original message
ELIZABETH EDWARDS SAYS "Donate Directly to Campaign"
I just heard back from Andy Hurst who works on the campaign. Send money directly to the campaign. She talked Edwards out of dropping out. I think you can indicate "DU" somewhere on the donation.

Thanks,

Nancy
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x476656

03-22-2007, 04:17 PM

So Edwards wouldn't look good compared to McCain? You need to move out of your inbred, Limbaugh-fueled right-wing circles more. Get out in the real world. You might be surprised to find, for example, that a large majority of Americans think George Bush is a terrible president.

if making intelligent well reasoned statements are wacko, then i wear the term with pride.

Obviously, you can't deal with anything I've said so you've resorted to personal attacks. Luckily, I don't really care. In fact, if people are mad at me for rational honest discussions then I must be doing something right.

Yurt
03-22-2007, 08:41 PM

And this has to do with Edwards, how?

Stop the logical fallacies, you will sleep better.

Maybe

Gaffer
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
It's already starting.....
I'm really sorry about Elizabeth's illness...
But what I REALLY cant stand.....Is people using it for a Political campaign.....Coming next....We can't say anything against Edwards, because his wife is ill...Mark my words..

Patmccccc (671 posts) Thu Mar-22-07 01:17 PM
Original message
If you could ask Elizabeth where to donate I have a hunch she would say John's campaign
Edited on Thu Mar-22-07 01:20 PM by Patmccccc
Because his win would, in turn, be a huge help to cancer research in the end (AND so much more). A better way IMO.
--------------------------------------
demnan (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-22-07 03:44 PM
Original message
ELIZABETH EDWARDS SAYS "Donate Directly to Campaign"
I just heard back from Andy Hurst who works on the campaign. Send money directly to the campaign. She talked Edwards out of dropping out. I think you can indicate "DU" somewhere on the donation.

Thanks,

Nancy
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x476656

He's a multi-millionaire and people are wanting to donate to his wife's treatment?

GW in Ohio
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
if making intelligent well reasoned statements are wacko, then i wear the term with pride.

Obviously, you can't deal with anything I've said so you've resorted to personal attacks. Luckily, I don't really care. In fact, if people are mad at me for rational honest discussions then I must be doing something right.

You said that Edwards only serves to provide a source of amusement for you. You have a smug, superior tone. That's not a "personal attack"; that's a fact, Jack.

03-23-2007, 03:09 PM
You said that Edwards only serves to provide a source of amusement for you. You have a smug, superior tone. That's not a "personal attack"; that's a fact, Jack.

He is a funny guy... Are you saying he isnt?

Birdzeye
03-23-2007, 03:18 PM
He's a multi-millionaire and people are wanting to donate to his wife's treatment?

I'm confused. It looks to me like people are donating towards his campaign or towards breast cancer research, NOT her treatment costs.