PDA

View Full Version : Jim Crow Survivor Casts First Vote —- For Democrat

Psychoblues
11-03-2008, 04:23 AM
America becomes what America was intended by our founders!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our people are now truly set free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Monday, November 03, 2008

In his 103 years, Ernest Smith says, he never drank, smoked or voted.

Though he’s yet to sample tobacco or alcohol, on Thursday, Smith cast his first ballot —- for Democratic nominee Barack Obama.

“I voted, and I want to vote again,” said Smith, a testament to clean living. “It felt good.”

While the Lithonia man’s hearing is poor and his memory spotty, Smith moves without the aid of a walker and has few wrinkles.

“Loving the Lord,” he said, when asked his secret to longevity.

Born in 1905 in Pembroke, N.C., Smith lived most of his life there and was first eligible to vote in 1928 —- then the voting age was 21..............................................

Much More: http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/11/03/firsttime.html

Even at my old age, this is as exciting as it gets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Sitarro
11-03-2008, 05:26 AM
Big fuckin deal. Who gives a shit? Another black voting for an African-American that has absolutely nothing in common with him except maybe the darker pigment in his skin(I would guess this guy is much darker than Mr. Coffee).
How far we have come, 98% of American blacks who have been whining about being judged by the color of their skin are voting for a useless clown just because of the color of his skin.......... ironic isn't it?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Pathetic.

PostmodernProphet
11-03-2008, 05:29 AM
Our people are now truly set free!

well, except for the fact the guy could have voted in the last election, or the one before that, or the one before that, or the one......

While the Lithonia man’s hearing is poor and his memory spotty

just like every other liberal.....

Psychoblues
11-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Except for the fact he never felt or was invited to vote until now.

just like every other liberal.....

You're not real good at reading and discernment, are you, pmp?

PostmodernProphet
11-03-2008, 10:01 AM

that certainly isn't the country's fault....it's his....

your memory is obviously spotty......

Abbey Marie
11-03-2008, 10:45 AM
When he was young, he added, “we never thought about voting.”

Kinds of sums it up.

To think that a person wouldn't even think of voting for 80 years until someone of his own race is running. Shameful.

Nukeman
11-03-2008, 12:01 PM

:

Gee, I was never INVITED to vote either, does that mean none of them count since I didn't recieve a heart felt invitation.

I understand what your trying to say Phsyco but the fact remains that you have a "BLACK" man that never felt like voting untill a "BLACK" man is running. I have to agree with the sentiment that this is rather ironic. Bring up "Jim Crow" laws in one breath and than have the fact that the man is voting for someone BASED on their color in the next. HMMMMMMMMM:coffee:

Yurt
11-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Gee, I was never INVITED to vote either, does that mean none of them count since I didn't recieve a heart felt invitation.

I understand what your trying to say Phsyco but the fact remains that you have a "BLACK" man that never felt like voting untill a "BLACK" man is running. I have to agree with the sentiment that this is rather ironic. Bring up "Jim Crow" laws in one breath and than have the fact that the man is voting for someone BASED on their color in the next. HMMMMMMMMM:coffee:

exactly

he never FELT invited...not that he wasn't, he only felt that way...

it has surprised me how many blacks are voting for obama simply because he is black, take numerous conservative blacks who publically admitted they struggle who to vote for SOLELY because obama is black, er half black

Immanuel
11-03-2008, 12:19 PM

You mean I am supposed to have been invited to vote? Was I supposed to get a personal invitation? Doggone it, maybe I shouldn't go to the polls tomorrow.

Immie

11-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Im not sure what the news in this is. A black man voting for Obama... okay? who cares?

Abbey Marie
11-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Im not sure what the news in this is. A black man voting for Obama... okay? who cares?

The only "news" in it is that the man didn't even care enough about this country to vote for 80 years, and only cares now because of race. But I don't think that's what the author of the article was going for. :rolleyes:

PostmodernProphet
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
particularly since Jim Crow was raised.....this apparently was one black man who didn't need Jim Crow laws to keep him from voting....

Sitarro
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
How many people are thinking the same way. Michelle claimed it was the first time as an adult she felt pride in this country, I wonder if she has bothered to vote before now.