PDA

View Full Version : Biggest issue(s) in this year's election?

Immanuel
11-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm interested in what you all feel made you decide who to vote for this election?

For me, It would have to be political corruption in Washington. Several years ago, I realized that neither party really cared about us, the citizens of the United States of America, beyond the all important vote and contributions. Neither side really care about the issues or making any real changes.

Abortion is and has been an issue for me for a long time. Neither side cares to change the status quo. Both sides use this as a dividing issue and have no intention of changing anything.

Our Civil Rights became an issue for me over the last eight years. Neither side wants to protect those rights.

Social Security (and social justice) is an issue for me. Social Security was a very good idea and would still be if the government hadn't drained the coffers for their own benefit, but even if they had not, Social Security needed to be revamped for modern times. Again, neither party really gives a darned about that as long as no one threatens their golden egg laying goose.

These are not the only issues that I have, but the one that made me decide to vote for Bob Barr (despite the fact that I don't believe he would be any different) over either Barack Obama or John McCain is the corruption that has permeated through both of the political parties.

My vote won't matter much this year, but, at least I will have the clear conscience that I did not vote for either of the men that have their hands around the throats of Americans.

Immie

LiberalNation
11-03-2008, 09:15 AM
tuition assistence and higher education in this country.

economy, federal deficiet.

wars/military industrial complex

abortion rights.

Obama's better imo on most of those things or his presented idea are. No way to know if he'll actually do anything once in office on them tho.

11-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Energy, spending, and judges

Abbey Marie
11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Character & Integrity
Federal and SC judicial appointments
Strong defense
Abortion
Experience

krisy
11-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Abbey,you and I think a lot alike.

National defense
Abortion
Taxes
Experience is a must!

Abbey Marie
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Abbey,you and I think a lot alike.

National defense
Abortion
Taxes
Experience is a must!

:beer: :)

Little-Acorn
11-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Taxing for the purpose of "redistributing" wealth
Winning vs. surrendering in War by Terrorists against us
Judicial appointments
Expanding Federal government
The attitude that govt is here to "help" us, rather than protect our rights

5stringJeff
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Philosophy of government's role in society
Size of government
Debt/deficit
war/troops on foreign soil
economy

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 07:00 PM
National Security - without that nothing else matters.

Mr. P
11-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Maintaining our REPUBLIC...now one running seems to be concerned about that though.