PDA

View Full Version : Called from an Obama campaign office.

Mr. P
11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
It went like this...

Caller: Mr. P

Me: Yes

Caller: This is xxxx calling from the Obama campaign office...

Me: *Laugh* , NO WAY!

Caller: Thank you for your time.

Now, she didn't seem to be surprised at all by my "NO WAY" comment..makes me think it's a common response.

Immanuel
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
It went like this...

Now, she didn't seem to be surprised at all by my "NO WAY" comment..makes me think it's a common response.

Funny, thing is from what you say in the OP, you could simply have meant, "No Way, the Boy Wonder cares enough about my vote to call me and ask for it?"

Immie

hjmick
11-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh the joy of not having a land line...

Mr. P
11-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh the joy of not having a land line...

I know, but I have to for work. I'll bet I had 10 political campaign calls today.
Can't wait for Wednesday.

PostmodernProphet
11-03-2008, 09:39 PM
half dozen Obama robocalls today.....

Immanuel
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks to Caller ID very few get through at my house and if they should they typically hear, "Click" and dial tone. What I really resent is the automatic dialers that tell me, "Please hold for an important message"... hold... hold... hold... hold... hold... hold... hold... well you get the idea.

Immie

No1tovote4
11-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, they are now calling Rs trying to convince the Rs that his victory is inevitable and therefore attempting to suppress R turnout. They attempt to make it appear that everybody and their moms are voting against them so they feel it is worthless to even go.

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Everyone is declaring a messiah victory and giving him all the electoral votes, but funny thing is the election isn't until tomorrow. I haven't voted yet.

Votes cannot be counted until ALL the polls close. That includes absentee and early voting. Nothings official until tomorrow night. Handing the messiah his crown before the voting is done is a bit presumptuous. Unless of course, its all fixed.

hjmick
11-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Everyone is declaring a messiah victory and giving him all the electoral votes, but funny thing is the election isn't until tomorrow. I haven't voted yet.

Votes cannot be counted until ALL the polls close. That includes absentee and early voting. Nothings official until tomorrow night. Handing the messiah his crown before the voting is done is a bit presumptuous. Unless of course, its all fixed.

Hear hear!

BTW, it's only fixed if McCain wins... Didn't you get the memo?

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Hear hear!

BTW, it's only fixed if McCain wins... Didn't you get the memo?

No, musta missed it. I am looking forward to watching the riots.

hjmick
11-03-2008, 10:15 PM
If Mac wins, you won't have long to wait my friend. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition...

Trinity
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
It went like this...

That's quite funny...... considering that's what I had to listen to all morning long at work....seriously.....They had a new project they brought in for today only and had our temps calling and asking people if they could count on their vote for Obama.

I couldn't tell you how many times I had to mute the caller I was talking to because I was laughing so hard just listening to the reps responses to the people they were calling.