PDA

View Full Version : International and American Support for Iraq War Going Off The Deep End

Psychoblues
03-22-2007, 02:53 AM
And they are just figuring this out? Christian Science Monitor, for Christ’s Sakes?

“Support among Americans for the Iraq war began to slip just weeks after US troops breached Baghdad and toppled the statue of Saddam Hussein. But since last fall, the downward slope has become precipitous, with doubts spreading from Democrats and independents into the Republican core of support.

As the nation takes stock of a war it embarked on four years ago Tuesday, those who regret that decision now outnumber supporters by 14 percentage points. Accelerating the slide, say opinion analysts, were bipartisan criticisms of US war policy by the Iraq Study Group and concerns that the mission has been obscured by civil war.

To some, the tumble in support simply shows weak knees, a lack of resolve in the American character. To others, it suggests a fall-off in trust of the Bush administration.

Opinion analysts, though, give a more nuanced picture, noting that the public is continually reevaluating the stakes in Iraq – and assessing whether the costs of sticking with the fight have become higher than the stakes are worth.

It's a calculation with which Kathy Gier of Hutchinson, Kan., is all too familiar.

"I think a civil war is going on there, and it makes me profoundly sad," says Ms. Gier, a Republican. Some 55 percent of Republicans have come to the same conclusion on civil war, according to a Harris Poll in January.”

More: http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0320/p01s01-ussc.html?page=1

It’s tough being a bully. You just might find a bigger one than even YOU!!!!!!

stephanie
03-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Huh???

And they are just figuring this out? Christian Science Monitor, for Christ’s Sakes?

“Support among Americans for the Iraq war began to slip just weeks after US troops breached Baghdad and toppled the statue of Saddam Hussein. But since last fall, the downward slope has become precipitous, with doubts spreading from Democrats and independents into the Republican core of support.

As the nation takes stock of a war it embarked on four years ago Tuesday, those who regret that decision now outnumber supporters by 14 percentage points. Accelerating the slide, say opinion analysts, were bipartisan criticisms of US war policy by the Iraq Study Group and concerns that the mission has been obscured by civil war.

To some, the tumble in support simply shows weak knees, a lack of resolve in the American character. To others, it suggests a fall-off in trust of the Bush administration.

Opinion analysts, though, give a more nuanced picture, noting that the public is continually reevaluating the stakes in Iraq – and assessing whether the costs of sticking with the fight have become higher than the stakes are worth.

It's a calculation with which Kathy Gier of Hutchinson, Kan., is all too familiar.

"I think a civil war is going on there, and it makes me profoundly sad," says Ms. Gier, a Republican. Some 55 percent of Republicans have come to the same conclusion on civil war, according to a Harris Poll in January.”

More: http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0320/p01s01-ussc.html?page=1

It’s tough being a bully. You just might find a bigger one than even YOU!!!!!!

stephanie
03-22-2007, 04:12 AM
That must of been when the majority of Democrats....Decided that their vote........was a mistake???

Cus they is all stupid........and dint know what it was they was voting for?????:coffee:

Gaffer
03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I see he's still spouting the civil war crap. The civil war that never developed. Have a few more beers there psyco and try again later.

03-22-2007, 11:48 PM
I see he's still spouting the civil war crap. The civil war that never developed. Have a few more beers there psyco and try again later.

Unlike the civil war in this country which is happening sooner or later.:(

stephanie
03-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Unlike the civil war in this country which is happening sooner or later.:(

I'm afraid your right...

It's not a matter of if.......It's a matter of when, now.

Psychoblues
03-23-2007, 11:30 PM
OK, NOW!!!

I'm afraid your right...

It's not a matter of if.......It's a matter of when, now.

Get it on or shut the fuck up!!!!!