PDA

View Full Version : McCain = Wasted Vote

5stringJeff
11-03-2008, 06:14 PM
John McCain cannot win the election tomorrow. He is too far behind in too many states. All the hulabaloo about polls being wrong, people not showing up, etc. is garbage. McCain has lost, and Obama will win.

A vote for McCain is a vote for a losing candidate. Unless you actually believe that John McCain is the candidate that most closely fits your point of view, you should absolutely NOT vote for McCain. Instead, consider one of the other candidates in the race.

If you are primarily a social conservative (i.e. pro-life, greater advocacy of morality by the government), your views probably line up best with Chuck Baldwin, Constitution Party.

If you are primarily a believer in small government, laissez-faire economics, paying off the national debt, and expanding gun rights, your views probably line up best with Bob Barr, Libertarian Party.

If you think the government and the debt it's accumulated are about the right size, but support continued domestic spy programs, a continued presence in Iraq, and more money going to bail out Wall Street, your views probably line up best with John McCain.

In any event, vote your conscience. Don't vote for a candidate just because he's got an R next to his name. Vote for the person you believe would be the best President - the one you think best represents your views.

Sitarro
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
John McCain cannot win the election tomorrow. He is too far behind in too many states. All the hulabaloo about polls being wrong, people not showing up, etc. is garbage. McCain has lost, and Obama will win.

A vote for McCain is a vote for a losing candidate. Unless you actually believe that John McCain is the candidate that most closely fits your point of view, you should absolutely NOT vote for McCain. Instead, consider one of the other candidates in the race.

If you are primarily a social conservative (i.e. pro-life, greater advocacy of morality by the government), your views probably line up best with Chuck Baldwin, Constitution Party.

If you are primarily a believer in small government, laissez-faire economics, paying off the national debt, and expanding gun rights, your views probably line up best with Bob Barr, Libertarian Party.

If you think the government and the debt it's accumulated are about the right size, but support continued domestic spy programs, a continued presence in Iraq, and more money going to bail out Wall Street, your views probably line up best with John McCain.

In any event, vote your conscience. Don't vote for a candidate just because he's got an R next to his name. Vote for the person you believe would be the best President - the one you think best represents your views.

Hey Jeff, don't let anyone tell you that you are full of shit because your not..... really.

namvet
11-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Don't vote for a candidate just because he's got an D next to his name.

that looks much better

Immanuel
11-03-2008, 06:50 PM

I have to disagree with you about the polls being wrong. Just like the media has been behind Barack Obama since day one, I believe the polls may actually be lying to us. I believe there is a possibility that they are attempting to convince Conservatives and Republicans to stay away from the polls. If you are convinced that John McCain has lost and it is useless to go vote for him because "all the polls show Obama has won" then you won't vote and Obama will win.

All that being said, John McCain can still go suck a rock as far as I am concerned and the Republicans who put him in this place can blame themselves rather than me for putting him in position to lose the White House for them.

Immie

Mr. P
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
If a vote for McCain is wasted because he just can't win, then a vote for Chuck Baldwin or Bob Barr certainly is too...so why waste the time to even vote?

Maybe I'll just sleep in.

namvet
11-03-2008, 07:04 PM
liberals are not voting Osama

11-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Jeff, no offense, but this is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen:

You're guy has no chance to win so vote for my guy who has even less of a chance.

If you've got good reasons for voting for Barr, fine. If you want to argue them fine. But if you are going to waste time with this nonsense argument, dont bother.

Mr. P
11-03-2008, 07:13 PM

You're guy has no chance to win so vote for my guy who has even less of a chance.

If you've got good reasons for voting for Barr, fine. If you want to argue them fine. But if you are going to waste time with this nonsense argument, dont bother.

I think avatar just bitch slapped you, Jeff. :laugh2: He is right though, your reasoning resembles that of the loony left. IMO.

krisy
11-03-2008, 07:23 PM
jeff,I respect your opinion for sure. I'm not convinced tho,that any of these guys would be any different than what we have now. I don't despise John McCain. I certainly don't agree with everything he has done. For now tho,he is who I am most comfortable with. None of the candidates that you have named stand for most of what I want. Barr represents SOME,and Baldwin represents SOME.

The popular belief seems to be that most R's are voting for McCain because they don't think the liberatarians have a chance. That's not so with me. McCain is just who I feel is best right now.

I do have a question tho. I do have an interest in your party. Why don't they do anything in the 4 years before the election to gain some momentum?

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 07:44 PM
jeff,I respect your opinion for sure. I'm not convinced tho,that any of these guys would be any different than what we have now. I don't despise John McCain. I certainly don't agree with everything he has done. For now tho,he is who I am most comfortable with. None of the candidates that you have named stand for most of what I want. Barr represents SOME,and Baldwin represents SOME.

The popular belief seems to be that most R's are voting for McCain because they don't think the liberatarians have a chance. That's not so with me. McCain is just who I feel is best right now.

I do have a question tho. I do have an interest in your party. Why don't they do anything in the 4 years before the election to gain some momentum?

Another question is why won't they concentrate on getting some seats in congress so they have real recognition and a position to work from? Even a dozen seats in the house is a good start.

-Cp
11-03-2008, 07:47 PM

Really?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081103/ap_on_el_pr/split_decision_4

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20081103/D947L2780.html

krisy
11-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Another question is why won't they concentrate on getting some seats in congress so they have real recognition and a position to work from? Even a dozen seats in the house is a good start.

Excellent point. These are the kinds of things that make me wonder about them. What do they do in between elections to make a difference?

I do have a little faith in a couple of repubs too. Steve Chabot is a great guy and true conservative. He DID NOT vote for the bail out.

Trigg
11-03-2008, 07:59 PM
According to those same exit polls the youth vote isn't showing up for early voting. They're just not interrested in standing in line for hours. If that holds true on election day this presidency may still be up for grabs.

Obama may win overall, but if I can help it, he won't win Indiana.

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Excellent point. These are the kinds of things that make me wonder about them. What do they do in between elections to make a difference?

I do have a little faith in a couple of repubs too. Steve Chabot is a great guy and true conservative. He DID NOT vote for the bail out.

Yep we have two in this area that are good.

In my 40 years of voting I have never seen the LP run anyone for anything but president. And a president without congressional support is useless.

5stringJeff
11-03-2008, 08:05 PM

I think avatar just bitch slapped you, Jeff. :laugh2: He is right though, your reasoning resembles that of the loony left. IMO.

I'm not saying to vote for Barr or Baldwin because they have a better chance of winning. I'm saying not to vote for McCain with the false hope that it will keep Obama out of the White House, or under the false premise that McCain will somehow be a good President just because he's a Republican.

I'm also saying that McCain's chances of winning the election are the same as Barr's chances of winning the election: zero.

5stringJeff
11-03-2008, 08:09 PM

Krisy, if you think McCain best represents you, then vote for him. I said that in the OP and I've said it other times on this board.

The LP does not have much of a party organization. I'm not sure why; I've just begun to get involved with them. We do have some candidates running for other offices, though. Here in GA, we've got a LP candidate for Senate and for both state Public Commission elections.

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm not saying to vote for Barr or Baldwin because they have a better chance of winning. I'm saying not to vote for McCain with the false hope that it will keep Obama out of the White House, or under the false premise that McCain will somehow be a good President just because he's a Republican.

I'm also saying that McCain's chances of winning the election are the same as Barr's chances of winning the election: zero.

Except, if all the people voting for Barr and Baldwin shifted over to McCain he could win. He's not the best choice but he sure beats turning the country over to a communist.

Sitarro
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I voted against Osama for President but voted Libertarian for all of the Judges that were running, that is how you get a third party going from the bottom up not the top down. A miracle Bob Barr Presidency would just unite the main 2 parties against him and kill the chance to ever get a third party. If Bob Barr actually gave a shit he should have run for the Senate as a Republican and changed parties in his term.

Gaffer
11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I voted against Osama for President but voted Libertarian for all of the Judges that were running, that is how you get a third party going from the bottom up not the top down. A miracle Bob Barr Presidency would just unite the main 2 parties against him and kill the chance to ever get a third party. If Bob Barr actually gave a shit he should have run for the Senate as a Republican and changed parties in his term.

I find myself agreeing with you a lot.

Sitarro
11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I find myself agreeing with you a lot.

Funny, I find myself agreeing with you a lot also.:cheers2: