PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again: broken Machines/shortages

namvet
11-04-2008, 03:02 PM
and some Osama black shirts for good measure

DEVELOPING STORY -- Intimidation tactics, missing ballots and faulty machinery are plaguing some voters across the country as they go to polling stations to elect either John McCain or Barack Obama to be the next president of the United States.

source (source)

Little-Acorn
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Has there ever been an election, anywhere on the planet, where all machines worked perfectly, all supplies were up to the mark, zero problems, 100% perfect?

The media is just trying harder to report any such occurrances.

Wish they'd tried as hard to report what Obama wanted to do to the coal industry, or report that he wanted to tax Jim to give his money to Clyde.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Has there ever been an election, anywhere on the planet, where all machines worked perfectly, all supplies were up to the mark, zero problems, 100% perfect?

The media is just trying harder to report any such occurrances.

Wish they'd tried as hard to report what Obama wanted to do to the coal industry, or report that he wanted to tax Jim to give his money to Clyde.

saddam's...hugo's ....fidel's and putins seem to go well.....

hjmick
11-04-2008, 06:05 PM

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if 2012 will bring perfection in U.S. voting?

manu1959
11-04-2008, 06:28 PM

no need till his third term.....

namvet
11-04-2008, 07:39 PM

someday, i think, people will vote thru their TV or PC. or some home device. home voting. sound crazy????

Gaffer
11-04-2008, 07:41 PM
someday, i think, people will vote thru their TV or PC. or some home devise. home voting. sound crazy????

very likely in the not too distant future. With instant results as well.

Kathianne
11-04-2008, 07:48 PM

We are trying to catch up, making great headway.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
We are trying to catch up, making great headway.

yes being a third world country that can thumb its nose at the great nations of the world and no longer be the country people flee to for freedom should be liberating

Kathianne
11-04-2008, 07:53 PM
As for voting without problems to degree possible.

1. Prove you are who you claim.
2. Mark an 'X' for the person you want to represent you.
3. No computers, just mark the sheet.
4. I'm happy, my county left computer voting, went back to scantron. Step in the right direction. While not as good as a voter marked tally, quite acceptable.

namvet
11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
yes being a third world country that can thumb its nose at the great nations of the world and no longer be the country people flee to for freedom should be liberating

the great nations as you call them are being over run by Muslim. :laugh2: