PDA

View Full Version : this is an amazing day

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
setting aside what obama may do.....

the us just elected a minority to the presidency.....wow.....just wow....

to think this country once treated people like obama as property and now he is the comander in chief......

all i can say is i hope he does a good job....he has a huge weight on his shoulders...

-Cp
11-04-2008, 11:07 PM

to think this country once treated people like obama as property and now he is the comander in chief......

all i can say is i hope he does a good job....he has a huge weight on his shoulders...

Uhh.. care to tell me how he's a minority?

hjmick
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
It is something, a Hawaiian President. Didn't think I'd see it in my lifetime.

LiberalNation
11-04-2008, 11:10 PM
One more class ceiling broken. A historic night no doubt.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Uhh.. care to tell me how he's a minority?

he ain't a european american.....

tradgedy is he can't win now...he inherits the worst economy in 70 years and a war on two fronts.......

-Cp
11-04-2008, 11:14 PM

tradgedy is he can't win now...he inherits the worst economy in 70 years and a war on two fronts.......

Right.. he's an American just like ALL OF OUR Presidents have been.. what's yer point?

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Right.. he's an American just like ALL OF OUR Presidents have been.. what's yer point?

don't be dense....it doesn't become you.....

hjmick
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
In all seriousness, and in deference to -Cp, while I do not believe that Obama is the right man for the job, while I do not agree with the man's policies, the election of a Black man, even half Black, is historic. I never had a doubt that it would happen in my lifetime, I just wish it had been someone other than Barack Obama.

To -Cp: He is a minority in the sense that he looks like a Black man. That's where it begins and that's where it ends.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
In all seriousness, and in deference to -Cp, while I do not believe that Obama is the right man for the job, while I do not agree with the man's policies, the election of a Black man, even half Black, is historic. I never had a doubt that it would happen in my lifetime, I just wish it had been someone other than Barack Obama.

To -Cp: He is a minority in the sense that he looks like a Black man. That's where it begins and that's where it ends.

well said...i am going to enjoy watching this board over the next four years to see who supports our president and who treats him with distain and behaves like those that you condemned here and other places over the past 8 years...

also pity barracks grandma died the day before he was elected.

The ClayTaurus
11-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I think it says a lot of our country to go from complete oppresion of a race to having someone from that race elected to the most powerful position in a relatively short amount of time.

I certainly hope he's all he's cracked up to be, however, because the magnifying glass will be large and intense, and if he fails, I fear he'll have done more harm then good towards racial relations.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
I think it says a lot of our country to go from complete oppresion of a race to having someone from that race elected to the most powerful position in a relatively short amount of time.

I certainly hope he's all he's cracked up to be, however, because the magnifying glass will be large and intense, and if he fails, I fear he'll have done more harm then good towards racial relations.

well said....wife and i were just talking about that....

Hull
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM
No matter how good or bad of a job he does, whatever it is, the American people are going to reep what they sowed.

God help us, and hide your guns.

hjmick
11-04-2008, 11:28 PM

Well said, Clay.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:31 PM
No matter how good or bad of a job he does, whatever it is, the American people are going to reep what they sowed.

God help us, and hide your guns.

hate to tell you but obama prays to the same god you do......don't see congress passing legislation to outlaw guns.....not to mention recent scotus rulings.....

Kathianne
11-04-2008, 11:32 PM

I tried to rep. You are saying what I've been saying for a long time now. While I don't think his being black was enough in and of itself, I have to assume neither did the multitude that voted in favor of him. I don't think this was race driven.

The race thing may cause problems down the line, but Euro worries were always misplaced. It wasn't race, it was philosophy. The majority go with Euro thought, we'll see where that takes us.

Hull
11-04-2008, 11:37 PM
hate to tell you but obama prays to the same god you do......don't see congress passing legislation to outlaw guns.....not to mention recent scotus rulings.....

Maybe. But my preacher doesn't proclaim God damn America, and give the democrats a chance to flex their new muscle. They'll get around to the guns, and you'll see a rebirth of the fairness doctrine too.

Hang on. It's going to be a bumpy ride for conservatives.

-Cp
11-04-2008, 11:38 PM

But he DOESN'T look like a Black Man...

ya'll are being duped... he's NO more black than he is white..

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Maybe. But my preacher doesn't proclaim God damn America, and give the democrats a chance to flex their new muscle. They'll get around to the guns, and you'll see a rebirth of the fairness doctrine too.

Hang on. It's going to be a bumpy ride for conservatives.

no worse than fdr......

Yurt
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
i just hope the blacks and those with white guilt can let it go now and move on...let us not be judge by the color of our skin...someone had that dream

-Cp
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM

Are you saying his mom's ancestry isn't from Europe?

Hull
11-04-2008, 11:41 PM
no worse than fdr......

I think comparing democrats from that era to the ones today is like night and day.

hjmick
11-04-2008, 11:43 PM
But he DOESN'T look like a Black Man...

ya'll are being duped... he's more more black than he is white..

I hear what you're saying, -Cp, and I don't disagree with you. The truth is, though, he really doesn't look like you or me or McCain or Alex Trebek. For most folks that is all that matters and that is all it takes to qualify the man as a minority.

-Cp
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hezbollah, Hamas, and ironically Jews, are praising Allah! for the Obama win!

lets figure out how we can get our share of the free money!!

LiberalNation
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Are you saying his mom's ancestry isn't from Europe?

are you saying his dads isn't from Africa. There are very few true blooded Europeans or Africans in this country now. A lot of mixing has been going on since slave times.

DragonStryk72
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM

He CAN'T mess, he really can't. Yeah, he's gotten this far, but the problem with being the first, you set the tone for everyone that comes after you.

Well, I knew my candidate wasn't gonna yank this one out, but it's nice to see such a clean cut victory, either way. If it had been really close, it would have simply created more venom, whereas with a clear victory acknowledged by both sides, it means that we can move forward.

With the Dems now have the Executive, as well as control of the Senate out of tonight's election, it is all on them. Whatever happens, they cannot complain about being outmanned or outgunned.

On the Republican side of the aisle, this loss spells out the problems within the party. They have strayed too far from the ideals, and it finally stung them like it needed to. Hopefully, the next four years sees them getting their shit together, and getting back to talking about conserving, as well as the power of the Republic, as opposed to the president.

Yurt
11-04-2008, 11:46 PM
cool, first time america has had a non natural born citizen as president since the law said so :cool:

hjmick
11-04-2008, 11:47 PM
cool, first time america has had a non natural born citizen as president since the law said so :cool:

Schwarzenegger '12!

Yurt
11-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Schwarzenegger '12!

he'll be back

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I think comparing democrats from that era to the ones today is like night and day.

well i guess when obama rolls out his new deal I and new deal II and a gaggle of social programs then you can say gee you were right till then.....i guess you are.....

Hull
11-04-2008, 11:52 PM
On the Republican side of the aisle, this loss spells out the problems within the party. They have strayed too far from the ideals, and it finally stung them like it needed to. Hopefully, the next four years sees them getting their shit together, and getting back to talking about conserving, as well as the power of the Republic, as opposed to the president.

Maybe now they'll start listening to Limbaugh. He tried to tell them how to win.

Hull
11-04-2008, 11:53 PM
well i guess when obama rolls out his new deal I and new deal II and a gaggle of social programs then you can say gee you were right till then.....i guess you are.....

I just wonder how he's going to pay for all the new deal freebies, seeing as how he's going to be shutting down more small businesses than helping with his massive new tax hikes.

manu1959
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I just wonder how he's going to pay for all the new deal freebies.

the rich will pay forit or he will just print the money.....you really should go read about the fdr years......

Hull
11-04-2008, 11:58 PM
the rich will pay forit or he will just print the money.....you really should go read about the fdr years......

To busy to read much, so correct me if wrong, but wasn't the FDR years kind of sour? Is that what we're headed for?

Gaffer
11-05-2008, 07:56 AM

I think the Mussolini years would be more appropriate.