PDA

View Full Version : Breast Surgery Linked To Boost In Self-esteem And Sexuality

5stringJeff
03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Looks like breast enhancement surgery has other positive effects. Who knew?

--------------
Women who undergo breast enlargement often see a sizable boost in self-esteem and positive feelings about their sexuality, a University of Florida nurse researcher reports.

Although plastic surgery should not be seen as a panacea for feelings of low self-worth or sexual attractiveness, it is important for health-care practitioners to understand the psychological benefits of these procedures, says Cynthia Figueroa-Haas, a clinical assistant professor at UF's College of Nursing who conducted the study. The findings -- which revealed that for many women, going bigger is better -- appear in the current issue of Plastic Surgical Nursing.

"Many individuals, including health-care providers, have preconceived negative ideas about those who elect to have plastic surgery, without fully understanding the benefits that may occur from these procedures," said Figueroa-Haas, who conducted the study for her doctoral thesis at Barry University in Miami Shores before joining the UF faculty. "This study provides the impetus for future studies related to self-esteem, human sexuality and cosmetic surgery."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070321181240.htm

darin
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
wtf? It took somebody funding a STUDY to figure that out? :)

IMO, those who talk badly about ppl having plastic surgery are liars...

Hobbit
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
This is like that recent study that was shocked, SHOCKED to find that Chinese food was high in calories and sodium. Why didn't they just pay me the umpteen million bucks so I could slap them a few times until they figured it out themselves?

Nienna
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Looks like breast enhancement surgery has other positive effects. Who knew?

--------------
Women who undergo breast enlargement often see a sizable boost in self-esteem and positive feelings about their sexuality, a University of Florida nurse researcher reports.

Although plastic surgery should not be seen as a panacea for feelings of low self-worth or sexual attractiveness, it is important for health-care practitioners to understand the psychological benefits of these procedures, says Cynthia Figueroa-Haas, a clinical assistant professor at UF's College of Nursing who conducted the study. The findings -- which revealed that for many women, going bigger is better -- appear in the current issue of Plastic Surgical Nursing.

"Many individuals, including health-care providers, have preconceived negative ideas about those who elect to have plastic surgery, without fully understanding the benefits that may occur from these procedures," said Figueroa-Haas, who conducted the study for her doctoral thesis at Barry University in Miami Shores before joining the UF faculty. "This study provides the impetus for future studies related to self-esteem, human sexuality and cosmetic surgery."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070321181240.htm

Hey! I like this! Sounds like a great way to get this surgery covered by insurance. My self-esteem is dragging low; my mental health really needs a LIFT. New boobies, free for me! :D

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
the only reason i would ever get surgery like that is to be able to wear strapless dresses and not have to wear a padded bra to hold them up.

Dilloduck
03-22-2007, 03:12 PM
the only reason i would ever get surgery like that is to be able to wear strapless dresses and not have to wear a padded bra to hold them up.

Leave it to Fuzzy to be the practical one ! :laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Leave it to Fuzzy to be the practical one ! :laugh2:

well, they'd definitely make my hips seem smaller as well...

And ask any mom, pregnancy (and breastfeeding) leaves the girls in a less-than-desireable state... padded & pre-formed bras become a regular part of your wardrobe.

Nienna
03-22-2007, 03:23 PM

I'm with you, Sista! Who wants 'em BIGGER? They just get in the way. :)

darin
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM

...as said from a woman who HAS bewbs...if you were a 34 AAA you might change your view ;)

:D

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 03:26 PM

yeah, they get in the way mostly with any kind of conversations and eye contact with men... :D

5stringJeff
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
I'll say this for Darin:

TTIWWOP

Dilloduck
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
yeah, they get in the way mostly with any kind of conversations and eye contact with men... :D

Get back in that kitchen--you ain't supposed to be talkng to real men anyway ! :laugh2:

jackass
03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
...as said from a woman who HAS bewbs...if you were a 34 AAA you might change your view ;)

You've seen them??? :clap:

darin
03-22-2007, 04:05 PM
she and I used to date. :)

jackass
03-22-2007, 04:10 PM

OOOhhhh.......gotcha.

-Cp
03-22-2007, 04:13 PM

Funny - that'd be my same reaons too! :)

Trigg
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Really, the only time fake boobs look bad is when they're knee shooters (Pam Anderson). Otherwise if they're done right they look nice.

I agree with fuzzy, they'd be nice during summer with all the cute sundresses that are available. Who cares during the winter they'd be hidden under 4 layers of clothes anyway.

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Get back in that kitchen--you ain't supposed to be talkng to real men anyway ! :laugh2:

:slap:
What Tim don't know, don't hurt him! :laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Funny - that'd be my same reaons too! :)

:confused: are you coming out of the closet or something???

darin
03-22-2007, 04:46 PM
OOOhhhh.......gotcha.

I'm lying :)

jackass
03-22-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm lying :)

:dunno: Ya never know!

Mr. P
03-22-2007, 05:33 PM

I knew a girl the same. At 26 years old she went from AAA to a B cup, it made one hell of a positve change for her.

03-22-2007, 11:53 PM
To those who did this study:

Your powers of deduction are exceptional. We simply can't allow you to waste them here while there are so many crimes going unsolved at this very moment. Go! Go! For the good of the world!

SassyLady
03-23-2007, 02:13 AM

Trust me..........large breasts that are not fake are a major pain ..... in the neck, shoulders and back.

I had breast reduction surgery at 53......carried around DDD for most of my life and now I'm a C and I love it!!! I wanted smaller but had to compromise with hubby. :laugh2: :laugh2:

Tricare paid 100% for medical reasons. Not sure if they are paying for "self-esteem" issues yet.:salute:

stephanie
03-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Well.......I would use plastic surgery for the opposite of this thread is about..
Being in my 50's, and after two kids..
I would need it so I can lift the girls back up to where there suppose to be...

It's hell when you keep knocking them around with your knees.....

Anybody want to start a boob fund for Me....:laugh2:

darin
03-23-2007, 06:05 AM
Trust me..........large breasts that are not fake are a major pain ..... in the neck, shoulders and back.

I don't think anyone's arguing against that.

jackass
03-23-2007, 02:06 PM

Pssst...Its called back pain. Talk to your doctor and get it covered! :2up:

KitchenKitten99
03-30-2007, 03:09 PM
i think someone did that on ebay once!

stephanie
03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
i think someone did that on eBay once!

Humm. That's an idea!!:laugh2: