PDA

View Full Version : Gird your loins, conservatives

-Cp
11-05-2008, 01:51 AM
There is no time to lick wounds, point fingers, and wallow in post-election mud.

I’m getting a lot of moan-y, sad-face “What do we do now, Michelle?” e-mails.

What do we do now? We do what we’ve always done.

We stand up for our principles, as we always have — through Democrat administrations and Republican administrations, in bear markets or bull markets, in peacetime and wartime.

We stay positive and focused.

We keep the faith.

We do not apologize for our beliefs. We do not re-brand them, re-form them, or relinquish them. We defend them.

We pay respect to the office of the presidency. We count our blessings and recommit ourselves to our constitutional republic.

We gird our loins, to borrow a phrase from our Vice President-elect.

We lock and load our ideological ammunition.

We fight.

First assignment for fiscal conservatives in Washington:

1) Oppose the Democrats’ next stimulus boondoggle.
2) Oppose Obama’s windfall profits tax proposal.
3) Oppose new bailouts for states deep in debt.
4) Oppose new foreclosure prevention measures that will simply provide perverse incentives for borrowers to walk away and delay a needed market correction.
5) No more federal loan guarantees for corporations given that Washington has no idea whether the AIG bailout is “working.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/05/gird-your-loins-conservatives/

11-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Girding our loins is a good idea now. Ive always said tough times are coming no matter whose in the White House. But we really have tough times coming now.

However, I do think we should ask what do we do now. Because I think now is the time to start preparing for 2010. We need to take Congress and the Senate back. And while standing for our principles is what we need to do, we need a plan of attack here.

5stringJeff
11-05-2008, 08:35 PM
First assignment for fiscal conservatives in Washington:

1) Oppose the Democrats’ next stimulus boondoggle.
2) Oppose Obama’s windfall profits tax proposal.
3) Oppose new bailouts for states deep in debt.
4) Oppose new foreclosure prevention measures that will simply provide perverse incentives for borrowers to walk away and delay a needed market correction.
5) No more federal loan guarantees for corporations given that Washington has no idea whether the AIG bailout is “working.”

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/05/gird-your-loins-conservatives/

Interesting. The five things Malkin lists are Libertarian principles. The GOP has abandoned #1, #4, and #5 as of late.

namvet
11-05-2008, 08:43 PM
psalm 2008-2012

first book of democrat

obama is my shepherd,

i shall not want.

He leadeth me beside still factories.

He restoreth my faith in the republican party.

He guideth me in the path of unemployment.

Yea, though i walk throught

the valley of the bread line,

i shall not go hungry.

Obama has anointed my income with taxes,

my expenses runneth over my income,

surely, poverty and hard living

will follow me all the days of my life.

The democrats and i will live forever

in a rented home.

But i am glad i am an american,

i am glad that i am free.

But i wish i was a dog

and obama a tree.

April15
11-05-2008, 08:55 PM
1) Oppose the Democrats’ next stimulus boondoggle. Now this was brought up and done by whom?

2) Oppose Obama’s windfall profits tax proposal. So you like giving money for fuel that is just profit above and beyond?

3) Oppose new bailouts for states deep in debt. I think this is correct.

4) Oppose new foreclosure prevention measures that will simply provide perverse incentives for borrowers to walk away and delay a needed market correction. I agree here too.

5) No more federal loan guarantees for corporations given that Washington has no idea whether the AIG bailout is “working.” It is working fine. Just look at the acquisitions and bonuses!