PDA

View Full Version : President Obama

jimnyc
11-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Many started the "get used to saying President Obama" shortly after he defeated Hillary in the primaries. I didn't like the sound of it and still held my ground that I would prefer Fred Thompson in the position.

Well, it's time to pony up and get used to referring to our new leader as quite a few liberals/democrats proclaimed.

A historical election season just finished and it was like no other I could remember in recent times. Obama reeled in more money than I've ever seen and ran a very well planned campaign and plain out beat John McCain to the White House.

He now has my respect as our new incoming President and will continue to have my respect as leader of our great country. I hope he makes sound decisions for the greater good of ALL Americans, and also makes sound decisions as CIC which is good for our military and our allies abroad. I hope he listens to not only his cabinet, but also all of congress, all of America, all of our field Generals and all of our foreign allie leaders.

I cannot disrepect a man based on a campaign that generally always end up in some mudslinging. I will judge him based on the decisions he makes in the oval office. For better or worse, he IS the new leader of the USA. I hope and pray that he, along with the new congress, make bi-partisan decisions that reflect the will of the American people.

So, with that said, congratulations to those who fervently supported Obama, and congratulations to Senator Obama himself for his historical victory.

retiredman
11-05-2008, 07:35 AM
If the rest of America is as gracious as you are Jim, I believe that a new spirit of bi-partisanship can indeed grow among our leaders.

theHawk
11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
If the rest of America is as gracious as you are Jim, I believe that a new spirit of bi-partisanship can indeed grow among our leaders.

You've had a chance to be bi-partisan for the last eight years. Instead the left mounted false accusations, baseless attacks, and utter disrespect for the commander-in-chief during a time of war.

But now that Dems are in charge, its time for "a new spirit of bi-partisanship". We'll see how long that lasts when Obammy/Pelosi/Reed start shredding constitutional rights.

JohnDoe
11-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Many started the "get used to saying President Obama" shortly after he defeated Hillary in the primaries. I didn't like the sound of it and still held my ground that I would prefer Fred Thompson in the position.

Well, it's time to pony up and get used to referring to our new leader as quite a few liberals/democrats proclaimed.

A historical election season just finished and it was like no other I could remember in recent times. Obama reeled in more money than I've ever seen and ran a very well planned campaign and plain out beat John McCain to the White House.

He now has my respect as our new incoming President and will continue to have my respect as leader of our great country. I hope he makes sound decisions for the greater good of ALL Americans, and also makes sound decisions as CIC which is good for our military and our allies abroad. I hope he listens to not only his cabinet, but also all of congress, all of America, all of our field Generals and all of our foreign allie leaders.

I cannot disrepect a man based on a campaign that generally always end up in some mudslinging. I will judge him based on the decisions he makes in the oval office. For better or worse, he IS the new leader of the USA. I hope and pray that he, along with the new congress, make bi-partisan decisions that reflect the will of the American people.

So, with that said, congratulations to those who fervently supported Obama, and congratulations to Senator Obama himself for his historical victory.

You are a class act Jim, God bless you!

jd

Gaffer
11-05-2008, 08:16 AM
The messiah may be the president, but he's not my president. I stand by everything I ever said about him. Enjoy your freedoms while you can. There will be no bipartisanship. No need for it. The commies control everything now.

11-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Bipartisanship is overrated. When politicians work together, the people get screwed

stephanie
11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
and for Democrats and liberals, bipartianship means it's their way or no way..

Monkeybone
11-05-2008, 08:52 AM
I will at least give him congrats to making history. cool.

now where's my $1000 dollar check?

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Well said Jim,

For the good of America, it is time to mend fences and heal old wounds.

It is always hard to lose at anything. There is going to be bitterness and there would be regardless of who won, but today is the day to throw away our differences and to at least give the man a chance.

I have plenty of concerns about what President Elect Obama wants to do, but until he and the Democratic Congress actually begin to act, none of that is written in stone. Remember campaign promises are made to be broken.

I am looking forward to bigger and better things for America.

God Bless America and God Bless President Obama :salute:

Immie

namvet
11-05-2008, 09:12 AM
The messiah may be the president, but he's not my president. I stand by everything I ever said about him. Enjoy your freedoms while you can. There will be no bipartisanship. No need for it. The commies control everything now.

im with you. we now have a dictator

crin63
11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
You've had a chance to be bi-partisan for the last eight years. Instead the left mounted false accusations, baseless attacks, and utter disrespect for the commander-in-chief during a time of war.

But now that Dems are in charge, its time for "a new spirit of bi-partisanship". We'll see how long that lasts when Obammy/Pelosi/Reed start shredding constitutional rights.

Bipartisanship is overrated. When politicians work together, the people get screwed

and for Democrats and liberals, bipartianship means it's their way or no way..

I agree with you all!

I wish I could be as gracious as Jim on this. There aint no way that's gonna happen though.

I will treat Barry with the same respect and love that President Bush has been treated with by Liberals, 0! I will probably pray for his safety while in office, in the hopes he isn't made into a martyr for the Liberal cause though.

krisy
11-05-2008, 10:01 AM

ding ding ding!!!!!!

Now that our guy is in charge,we can work together......makes me want to puke. The hypocrisy.......

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 10:05 AM
ding ding ding!!!!!!

Now that our guy is in charge,we can work together......makes me want to puke. The hypocrisy.......

Wait a minute!

Two of the three in this thread that are calling for reconciliation are conservative. At least I still consider myself conservative.

Immie

crin63
11-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Wait a minute!

Two of the three in this thread that are calling for reconciliation are conservative. At least I still consider myself conservative.

Immie

I don't want bi-partisanship or reconciliation with with Liberals unless they are coming to my side, my views and abandon their positions. They are gonna bend us over and break off inside us. This place is gonna look like Canada when they're done and that just makes me sick.

Hull
11-05-2008, 10:25 AM

He's not my president either, and I'll never call him that. It's Obama, just like the liberal media loved to call President Bush mister Bush.

remie
11-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Well said Jim,

For the good of America, it is time to mend fences and heal old wounds.

It is always hard to lose at anything. There is going to be bitterness and there would be regardless of who won, but today is the day to throw away our differences and to at least give the man a chance.

I have plenty of concerns about what President Elect Obama wants to do, but until he and the Democratic Congress actually begin to act, none of that is written in stone. Remember campaign promises are made to be broken.

I am looking forward to bigger and better things for America.

God Bless America and God Bless President Obama :salute:

Immie

My morning prayer was that Obama is what his followers say he is and not what I fear he may be.

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't want bi-partisanship or reconciliation with with Liberals unless they are coming to my side, my views and abandon their positions. They are gonna bend us over and break off inside us. This place is gonna look like Canada when they're done and that just makes me sick.

I don't know what you mean by bi-partisanship. To me bi-partisanship means working together in order to better this country. It means realizing that we have differences and being willing to come together to solve our differences and to come to the best solutions we can come up with for the time being. It does not mean selling out our beliefs. It means realizing that your opponent is not some kind of monster with your demise first and foremost in his mind.

It means making America a better place.

I'm all for that.

When President Obama makes mistakes, I'm going to bitch about it. When he does good, I hope to recognize it.

America comes just after my God and my family. Uncompromising politicians are way down on my list... just below tax collectors and above... well let me think for a bit on that one.

Immie

crin63
11-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I don't know what you mean by bi-partisanship. To me bi-partisanship means working together in order to better this country. It means realizing that we have differences and being willing to come together to solve our differences and to come to the best solutions we can come up with for the time being. It does not mean selling out our beliefs. It means realizing that your opponent is not some kind of monster with your demise first and foremost in his mind.

It means making America a better place.

I'm all for that.

When President Obama makes mistakes, I'm going to bitch about it. When he does good, I hope to recognize it.

America comes just after my God and my family. Uncompromising politicians are way down on my list... just below tax collectors and above... well let me think for a bit on that one.

Immie

I like you Immie but your wrong. Bi-partisanship means only one thing to Liberals, that Conservatives compromise their positions. There is no coming together except and unless the Conservative abandons his position. The only time Libs work with Conservatives is when they think something is going to go bad and they can hang it around the Conservatives neck if it does. If it doesn't then they will take credit for its success.

I cant foresee any situation in which Obama will do what is best for this country. If he does I will be shocked and I will give him the praise he deserves. He will proceed with his Liberal agenda to dismantle America and turn us into Canada or Europe.

OCA
11-05-2008, 11:15 AM

ROTFLMFAO!:laugh2::laugh2:

stephanie
11-05-2008, 11:19 AM
ROTFLMFAO!:laugh2::laugh2:

you are not the same person I thought I knew all these years..

shame..

gabosaurus
11-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Thank you Jim. We need more cohesiveness and less animosity.
As my minister is fond of saying, you have two paths ahead of it. You can take the bitter road or the better road.
The American people voted in 2000 and 2004 and delivered a mandate to govern. Dems were upset. Republicans asked them to accept the will of the people.
The American people voted again on Tuesday and delivered another clear mandate. Right or wrong, all of us should accept it.

OCA
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
you are not the same person I thought I knew all these years..

shame..

What do you mean my dear?

I get a kick out of "the sky is falling" gloom and doom bunch who seem to think the last 8 years under RINOS were a pleasureable sail on a glassy lake.

krisy
11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Unfrotunately,I don't feel the enthusiasm that some of the other right wingers on the board do. I can't just forget about Rev wright. I can't just forget about William Ayers. I can't just forget about Obama's horrid stance on abortion. This man has said some scary things in the past,and I would like to believe that is isn't that serious,but I can't. These are all things that say something about his beliefs.

Another thing bothering me. If race shouldn't be an issue in this great country,then WHY is it that all I have heard this morning is how historical it is that a black man won. They are not even talking about what he might do in office. They are talking about the fact that he is black. Sure,it's going to be talked about,but that's all thy're talking about. Who cares what color he is....right?

With all that,I do hope he stays safe in office. I hope he is telling the truth about working together with the right. I do not believe however that the media in this country will ever critisize Obama no matter what he does. They will never let the first black president go down in histrory as a "bad president".

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I like you Immie but your wrong. Bi-partisanship means only one thing to Liberals, that Conservatives compromise their positions. There is no coming together except and unless the Conservative abandons his position. The only time Libs work with Conservatives is when they think something is going to go bad and they can hang it around the Conservatives neck if it does. If it doesn't then they will take credit for its success.

I cant foresee any situation in which Obama will do what is best for this country. If he does I will be shocked and I will give him the praise he deserves. He will proceed with his Liberal agenda to dismantle America and turn us into Canada or Europe.

I hate to admit it, but that is not the first time I have been wrong... if I am.

I agree devout liberals are not willing to compromise, but, if you will search your heart honestly, you will have to admit that devout conservatives are no different. Then there are those in the middle, who do not like the extremes of either side. I was a Democrat who left the Democratic Party when I became aware of their liberal stance on things like abortion. I joined the Republican Party until I discovered that the Republicans although more conservative, really did not display compassion for others and were just as corrupt as the Democrats. Now, I have left the Republican Party and will not return to either.

I believe that the best thing for America is that we begin to respect each other again and doing that requires someone to take that first step. I'm not so egotistical that I am not willing to make that step.

I am praying for my country. I am praying that my fears prove to be unfounded. I am praying that good comes out of what appears to be bad. I am trying to be optomistic.

Immie

stephanie
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
As my minister is fond of saying, you have two paths ahead of it. You can take the bitter road or the better road.
The American people voted in 2000 and 2004 and delivered a mandate to govern. Dems were upset. Republicans asked them to accept the will of the people.
The American people voted again on Tuesday and delivered another clear mandate. Right or wrong, all of us should accept it.

aww, how sweet..:rolleyes:

krisy
11-05-2008, 11:43 AM
What do you mean my dear?

I get a kick out of "the sky is falling" gloom and doom bunch who seem to think the last 8 years under RINOS were a pleasureable sail on a glassy lake.

I think the "tragedy" of the Bush years has been way overblown myself. Not as bad as we have been made to believe.

My son came home from school the other day and someone told him this "crisis" in this country is as bad as the great depression....PLEASE! We haven't seen nothin! My grandma who I loved so very much lived through the depression. They ate potatos for breakfast ,lunch,and dinner. They had to use magazine pages for toilet paper-no joke. So far,it's not as bad IMO as the media says,and believe me,my husband and I are struggling.

krisy
11-05-2008, 11:47 AM

No to be rude gab,but it has not sounded like you accepted the will of the people the last four years...did you take the better road when your guy lost?

just an observation:poke:

stephanie
11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
No to be rude gab,but it has not sounded like you accepted the will of the people the last four years...did you take the better road when your guy lost?

just an observation:poke:

I'll answer that for you..

Hell no she didn't..and now she is here only to GLOAT...

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 11:55 AM

Hawk: Do you think you ought to observe a grace period of civility and good sportsmanship before you start acting like an asshole?

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Unfrotunately,I don't feel the enthusiasm that some of the other right wingers on the board do. I can't just forget about Rev wright. I can't just forget about William Ayers. I can't just forget about Obama's horrid stance on abortion. This man has said some scary things in the past,and I would like to believe that is isn't that serious,but I can't. These are all things that say something about his beliefs.

Another thing bothering me. If race shouldn't be an issue in this great country,then WHY is it that all I have heard this morning is how historical it is that a black man won. They are not even talking about what he might do in office. They are talking about the fact that he is black. Sure,it's going to be talked about,but that's all thy're talking about. Who cares what color he is....right?

With all that,I do hope he stays safe in office. I hope he is telling the truth about working together with the right. I do not believe however that the media in this country will ever critisize Obama no matter what he does. They will never let the first black president go down in histrory as a "bad president".

For the record, it is not enthusiasm that I feel. It is hope! Hope that I was wrong. Hope that things will get better as I don't want to even think about things getting any worse.

I'm praying for a successful Presidency. I'm praying for a better America and if it takes a socialist Democrat to make it better, I can live with that.

Immie

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 11:56 AM

The country is in good hands, Gaffer.

Trust me; I'm a Democrat. (Until such time as the Dems show that they've been corrupted by power.)

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 12:02 PM
For the record, it is not enthusiasm that I feel. It is hope! Hope that I was wrong. Hope that things will get better as I don't want to even think about things getting any worse.

I'm praying for a successful Presidency. I'm praying for a better America and if it takes a socialist Democrat to make it better, I can live with that.

Immie

Immie: This guy (Obama) has the potential to be a great president.

If right wingers will give him a chance, they might be pleasantly surprised.

Of course, you always have the option of opposing him from the outset, no matter what he does. You can try and see if bile and anger can carry you through the next 8 years.

krisy
11-05-2008, 12:02 PM

Immie

I understand. I want what is best for the country too. I'm not one of those people that would say I want him to do bad,just so I can say....."told you so"

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 12:05 PM
I understand. I want what is best for the country too. I'm not one of those people that would say I want him to do bad,just so I can say....."told you so"

krisy and jim and others (haven't eread through this entire thread yet):

Your attitude is the right one. Support Obama until he shows that he doesn't deserve your support.

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 12:08 PM

I know that and truthfully, I don't think anyone here (well with one maybe two exceptions) want him to fail just so they can claim the high road.

I do disagree with something you said in another post though. I do think things are bad here in America. Not as bad as the Great Depression, but bad all the same. To be honest with you, I think President Bush has taken a "who gives a damned" attitude.

Immie

Gaffer
11-05-2008, 12:10 PM
The country is in good hands, Gaffer.

Trust me; I'm a Democrat. (Until such time as the Dems show that they've been corrupted by power.)

No, your a communist like your master the messiah. The libs are going to grab power and take away freedoms like has never been seen before in this countries history, and your going to cheer them on. As will mfm, gaby, oca, bully and the rest of the libs.

krisy
11-05-2008, 12:10 PM

Your attitude is the right one. Support Obama until he shows that he doesn't deserve your support.

Hold on there!!!! I wouldn't call it support for anything the man stands for. But support in the sense that if he fails,our country goes in the toilet.

stephanie
11-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Of course, you always have the option of opposing him from the outset, no matter what he does. You can try and see if bile and anger can carry you through the next 8 years.

kinda like you libs and Dems did with President Bush and all of us who voted for him..

now all of a sudden you are all high and mighty and taking the high road..

pffffffffeeeeeshhhh

OCA
11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Hold on there!!!! I wouldn't call it support for anything the man stands for. But support in the sense that if he fails,our country goes in the toilet.

The country is already in the toilet and has been for quite a long time now.

OCA
11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
kinda like you libs and Dems did with President Bush and all of us who voted for him..

pffffffffeeeeeshhhh

You tell him Steph! Two wrongs always=right.

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2008, 12:19 PM
This guy is Carter reincarnate.

Good thing there is a chance to save this country in 4 years.

Good thing I am going to school now, so that by 2012, I might have a chance to get my first restaurant started without forking over 50% of my income to the government.

Maybe people will wise-up in 4 years, and we'll have another Reagan-conservative to pull us out of the mess Obama will likely make.

One good thing comes of his being elected: Racism can no longer be used as an excuse to not succeed, because if America elected a black president, then racism must no longer be an issue. It still exists, sure, but it is no longer relevant to any discussion.

I don't think he really won though. I think there was just enough voter-fraud (see his pals at ACORN for proof) to get him elected. But will there ever be an investigation? No.

Maybe the best a conservative can hope for is that the birth certificate/birthplace issue comes out more and shows he really is not a citizen...

Gaffer
11-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Do you ever sit back and think about what an over the top, deranged, OTR fucking fool you sound like in your posts?

Do you ever sit back and reflect on what a liberal fucktard you sound like.

Like I said, he's not MY president. There's nothing I can do but make comments on here and watch the country go to hell with the assistance of people like you. Even the libs are not going to be happy once he gets started, but by then there will be nothing they can do about it. And be assured the shit that goes down in the country will not be reported by the media.

LiberalNation
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I don't think he really won though. I think there was just enough voter-fraud (see his pals at ACORN for proof) to get him elected. But will there ever be an investigation? No..

OMG it was nearly a landslide. He could have even lost a few more states and still won. No, voter fraud wouldn't be enough in all those states to account for that.

krisy
I know that and truthfully, I don't think anyone here (well with one maybe two exceptions) want him to fail just so they can claim the high road.

I do disagree with something you said in another post though. I do think things are bad here in America. Not as bad as the Great Depression, but bad all the same. To be honest with you, I think President Bush has taken a "who gives a damned" attitude.

Immie

I don't think things in this country are as good as they could be,for sure. I do however still believe tho that we are all responsible for where we are in life. we are very tight on money because my husband has lost thousands in overtime pay this year. He does drywall. Thankfully he still has a job!! Instead of whining and blaming George Bush, I picked up time at work,my husband has picked up extra work,and we have both looked for a second job. It's not his fault people ran up credit cards to ridiculous levels,it's not his fault that loans were given to people that couldn't afford the houses they were buying. I have gone through that feel sorry for myself phase in regards to our finances and it doesn't work.

I really don't know what else Bush can do right now. Some of the Dems were dragged kicking and screaming into the last rebate checks,and then said if Obama wins they will send us all another thousand dollars and it's a great idea!......I'll be watching the mail:coffee:

I just think people have forgotten that the democrats had a large hand in creating the problems we have today

GW in Ohio

pffffffffeeeeeshhhh

For the record, I supported President Bush through the election fiasco of 2000 and all through his initial year in office. My attitude was, "Let's give him a chance...he could be a good president."

Even when Bush and Cheney started talking about invading Iraq, I had serious doubts, but I said, "Well. let's wait and see. It could turn out to be a good move."

Well, Iraq turned out to be the biggest fuckup and worst decision ever made by an American president. And as we continued to pour money into Iraq and lose American soldiers...as we continued to alienate our friends and make more enemies around the world, I turned against Bush...way against him.

But I gave him a chance. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Yurt
he is NOT the president until jan. 20, 2009

we do not know for a fact if he is even eligible

and i find the dems on here talking about time for bi-partisanship and unity to be the most hypocritical bullshit i have ever heard...

what did that dolt from maine say:

you reap what you sow

suck it up mfm and libs

LiberalNation
11-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Like I said, he's not MY president.
Plan on renouncing your citizenship and leaving the country cuz if not he's your president like it or not.

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 12:28 PM
This guy is Carter reincarnate.

Good thing there is a chance to save this country in 4 years.

Good thing I am going to school now, so that by 2012, I might have a chance to get my first restaurant started without forking over 50% of my income to the government.

Maybe people will wise-up in 4 years, and we'll have another Reagan-conservative to pull us out of the mess Obama will likely make.

One good thing comes of his being elected: Racism can no longer be used as an excuse to not succeed, because if America elected a black president, then racism must no longer be an issue. It still exists, sure, but it is no longer relevant to any discussion.

I don't think he really won though. I think there was just enough voter-fraud (see his pals at ACORN for proof) to get him elected. But will there ever be an investigation? No.

Maybe the best a conservative can hope for is that the birth certificate/birthplace issue comes out more and shows he really is not a citizen...

There was no voter fraud, kitten. Whatever bogus names were turned in by Acorn, those names never made it to the lists of registered voters.

Obama won because the voters recognized that he was way superior to McCain as presidential material.

Not to take anything away from McCain. He ran an honorable campaign, for the most part, and his concession speech last night was the classiest one I ever heard.

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 12:29 PM
he is NOT the president until jan. 20, 2009

we do not know for a fact if he is even eligible

and i find the dems on here talking about time for bi-partisanship and unity to be the most hypocritical bullshit i have ever heard...

what did that dolt from maine say:

you reap what you sow

suck it up mfm and libs

You don't know if he's eligible?

He just won the frickin' election.

Don't embarrass yourself.

Yurt
11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
You don't know if he's eligible?

He just won the frickin' election.

Don't embarrass yourself.

winning an election does not prove he is in fact eligible

care to show me in the constitution where it says winning means you are eligible...

thanks

stephanie
11-05-2008, 12:35 PM
There was no voter fraud, kitten. Whatever bogus names were turned in by Acorn, those names never made it to the lists of registered voters.

Obama won because the voters recognized that he was way superior to McCain as presidential material.

Not to take anything away from McCain. He ran an honorable campaign, for the most part, and his concession speech last night was the classiest one I ever heard.

he's WAY SUPERIOR...

gag me now...

you people talk about him like he is some saint, savior, walk on water type of guy..

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 12:38 PM

If this proved to be the case do you know what would happen? I don't for sure, but my guess is that Joseph Biden would become our next President. If it were not Joseph Biden, then I am 99% certain that Nancy Pelosi would be next in line and become the first female President... is that what we want?

Surely, they would not have another election? I don't think even President Bush can convince the Supreme Court to allow him to stay in office for another year until a new primary season and general election could be run.

Lord! At least I hope not.

I just think people have forgotten that the democrats had a large hand in creating the problems we have today

I haven't forgotten any such thing. However, I have been saying for many years that both parties are corrupt. In fact, I don't see much of a difference in that regard between Republicans and Democrats. Especially lately when Republicans are as liberal with our tax dollars and civil rights as Democrats.

Immie

GW in Ohio
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
winning an election does not prove he is in fact eligible

care to show me in the constitution where it says winning means you are eligible...

thanks

Don't listen to me, yurt.

Just keep protesting, "But he's not eligible" all the way through the inauguration.

:read::bang3:

stephanie
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
For the record, I supported President Bush through the election fiasco of 2000 and all through his initial year in office. My attitude was, "Let's give him a chance...he could be a good president."

Even when Bush and Cheney started talking about invading Iraq, I had serious doubts, but I said, "Well. let's wait and see. It could turn out to be a good move."

Well, Iraq turned out to be the biggest fuckup and worst decision ever made by an American president. And as we continued to pour money into Iraq and lose American soldiers...as we continued to alienate our friends and make more enemies around the world, I turned against Bush...way against him.

But I gave him a chance. I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

and you expect us to believe this, right..:laugh2:

Yurt
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Don't listen to me, yurt.

Just keep protesting, "But he's not eligible" all the way through the inauguration.

:read::bang3:

i am pointing out a fact, that the citizens have not been given evidence that he is in FACT eligible...remember the court said we don't have standing

are you still scared something might come out? should i now just accept obama simply because he won?

LiberalNation
11-05-2008, 12:52 PM
56 million Americans said NO to this asshole and his thugs and we will continue to say NO........ screw him!!!!!! 2.4 billion spent on the Presidential election and this is the shit we have to show for it......... SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

Yeah but 63 million said yes and that's how democracy in this country works. The candidate with the majority wins. Are you against democracy and will of the people now or something.

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2008, 01:01 PM
If this proved to be the case do you know what would happen? I don't for sure, but my guess is that Joseph Biden would become our next President. If it were not Joseph Biden, then I am 99% certain that Nancy Pelosi would be next in line and become the first female President... is that what we want?

Surely, they would not have another election? I don't think even President Bush can convince the Supreme Court to allow him to stay in office for another year until a new primary season and general election could be run.

Lord! At least I hope not.

Biden almost seems like a cakewalk compared to his partner-in-crime.

We haven't seen an issue before this. Obama doesn't seem the type to go down alone. He'll take people with him. Biden would certainly be one, whether he really knew about it or not. I doubt Pelosi would go down with him as well, but I wouldn't put it past Obama to do it, because she pushed the idea that he should run.

I think people would push an off-year election.

Binky
11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I was never for either candidate. But since I wanted to make my vote count and not throw it away, at the last second, I voted for Obama. I let my conscience be my guide. I voted for change, because we certainly can't stand another four years of the same old thing. I voted for a better economy. I voted to help change things around and make America a better place because I have two young granddaughters.

Now that it's all said and done, it's time to stop the hate, and ban together to work on getting America back on the right trail, rather than to continue to destroy her. America is a great country and we need to make sure she grows and improves and stays the wonderful place she is. If she weren't that place then there wouldn't be millions of people flocking here on a daily basis. They flock because she shines and tosses out rays of hope to all.

stephanie
11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I was never for either candidate. But since I wanted to make my vote count and not throw it away, at the last second, I voted for Obama. I let my conscience be my guide. I voted for change, because we certainly can't stand another four years of the same old thing. I voted for a better economy. I voted to help change things around and make America a better place because I have two young granddaughters.

Now that it's all said and done, it's time to stop the hate, and ban together to work on getting America back on the right trail, rather than to continue to destroy her. America is a great country and we need to make sure she grows and improves and stays the wonderful place she is. If she weren't that place then there wouldn't be millions of people flocking here on a daily basis. They flock because she shines and tosses out rays of hope to all.

it's too late

Hull
11-05-2008, 01:35 PM

And change means what to you?

Gaffer
11-05-2008, 01:39 PM

well, you helped throw away all those wonderful things you listed. You'll see the change alright. But it won't be a good change. America was a great country. It's now on the road to becoming a third rate shit hole. And all those that think, if they don't like it they will change it in four years are in for a big shock.

crin63
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I hate to admit it, but that is not the first time I have been wrong... if I am.

I agree devout liberals are not willing to compromise, but, if you will search your heart honestly, you will have to admit that devout conservatives are no different. Then there are those in the middle, who do not like the extremes of either side. I was a Democrat who left the Democratic Party when I became aware of their liberal stance on things like abortion. I joined the Republican Party until I discovered that the Republicans although more conservative, really did not display compassion for others and were just as corrupt as the Democrats. Now, I have left the Republican Party and will not return to either.

I believe that the best thing for America is that we begin to respect each other again and doing that requires someone to take that first step. I'm not so egotistical that I am not willing to make that step.

I am praying for my country. I am praying that my fears prove to be unfounded. I am praying that good comes out of what appears to be bad. I am trying to be optomistic.

Immie

I'm sorry Immie but I have zero respect for Liberals as a whole and never will. I am for the most part cordial with them but I have no tolerance for them and I will not compromise with them to get things done, they can go pound sand. What they want they will have to take. There are a few (very few) that I have any measure of respect for but it has absolutely nothing to do with their political views. After having searched my heart, I am of the opinion that Liberals are a cancerous growth that needs to removed. I will not accept them now or ever. They are however more than welcome to come over to my side if they abandon their Liberal views.

GW in Ohio
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry Immie but I have zero respect for Liberals as a whole and never will. I am for the most part cordial with them but I have no tolerance for them and I will not compromise with them to get things done, they can go pound sand. What they want they will have to take. There are a few (very few) that I have any measure of respect for but it has absolutely nothing to do with their political views. After having searched my heart, I am of the opinion that Liberals are a cancerous growth that needs to removed. I will not accept them now or ever. They are however more than welcome to come over to my side if they abandon their Liberal views.

crin: Our whole political system is based on people from all sides of the spectrum coming together to work for the common good.

Those who say they won't compromise ever will just get passed by by those who sincerely want to get things done.

When you talk about liberals as a "cancerous growth," you're talking about people, Americans just like yourself, who come by their convictions just as sincerely as you come by yours.

hjmick
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
crin: Our whole political system is based on people from all sides of the spectrum coming together to work for the common good.

Those who say they won't compromise ever will just get passed by by those who sincerely want to get things done.

When you talk about liberals as a "cancerous growth," you're talking about people, Americans just like yourself, who come by their convictions just as sincerely as you come by yours.

Nothing here to argue with. Well said GW.

GW in Ohio
11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
so then you will compromise that gays should not have the right to marry?

Yes, I'm willing to compromise on that issue.

If most Americans think that marriage should be limited to one man and one woman, I would accept that.

I would like to see same sex couples get some of the same legal protections and benefits that married couples get.

hjmick
11-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I would like to see same sex couples get some of the same legal protections and benefits that married couples get.

I would like to see them get all of the same legal protections and benefits of married couples.

Yurt
11-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes, I'm willing to compromise on that issue.

If most Americans think that marriage should be limited to one man and one woman, I would accept that.

fair enough, but you would still push for your belief right...or would you let it go for all time and accept the will of the people?

retiredman
11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
fair enough, but you would still push for your belief right...or would you let it go for all time and accept the will of the people?

again:

nearly everyone has some issue on which they have a hard time compromising. No one with any maturity or intelligence or understanding and appreciation about our political process is unwilling to compromise on everything.

Being unwilling to compromise on one issue is no indication of one's attitudes toward compromise in general.

GW in Ohio
11-06-2008, 06:04 PM

I'll support same sex marriage every time it comes up, but I'll accept the will of the people on the issue.

The will of the people these days seems to be against same sex marriage. I accept that.

Kathianne
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Some posts of personal attack/feud nature were moved to cage.

Missileman
11-06-2008, 09:37 PM

I'm not certain, but I think you just painted yourself a bi-partisan liberal with your own brush.

Yurt
11-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Some posts of personal attack/feud nature were moved to cage.

thank you, i like this thread

Psychoblues
11-08-2008, 02:57 AM
You've already heard this before in this thread, jimbo, but I'm going to repeat it as I think it deserves repeating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLASS ACT, MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Binky
11-08-2008, 05:25 AM
it's too late

For what? Hope, change, and love, rather than hate? It's never too late if one wants to better themselves. Stop being a defeatist and try thinking positive for a change.

krisy
11-08-2008, 08:07 AM
For what? Hope, change, and love, rather than hate? It's never too late if one wants to better themselves. Stop being a defeatist and try thinking positive for a change.

I have been trying that think positive thing. I really want to see any president do well for this country republican,democrat,libretarian....whoever. Then my husband last night tells me he was reading on Obama's new website and some of his plans. Sounds like A LOT of government interference to me. He told me something about making it mandatory that middle school and high school students serve 50 hours of community service!! MANDATORY? Who says? the government?!!!!

I will continue to do the best by our family and be positive for my kids. I will do that however without the governments help. Government interference is what scares me the most about Obama. Along with the fact that he is so worried about being charming for the press that he would poke fun at little ol Nancy Reagan while she's healing form a broken hip.

manu1959
11-08-2008, 12:53 PM

ok.....i am positive that the big liberl O is going to fuck things up.....

OCA
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Wow, I thought I fell off the Republican wagon...

So, OCA, what's the "fair" amount of taxes for the upper class to pay? The middle class? The poor? What's the "fair" amount of income that people should be "allowed" to keep?

A flat tax but thats never going to happen so we need to raise the taxes on the rich and close the tax loopholes so that their 20 lawyers and accountants won't exploit them so their clients in essence end up paying a lower percentage than the middle and lower classes.

Do you agree with Obama's "bottom up" economic philosophy given the fact that top down has turned out to be such a dismal failure?

Missileman
11-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Do you agree with Obama's "bottom up" economic philosophy given the fact that top down has turned out to be such a dismal failure?

If you give a handout to the "bottom" this year it accomplishes several things, none of which are good for the economy. It makes them feel entitled to a similar or larger handout next year and it removes any incentive they might have had to bail themselves out. It will significantly lower the value of middle class income.

Increasing taxes on business to pay for this "bottom up" plan will increase unemployment and cause higher prices on goods which will even further devalue middle class income.

5stringJeff
11-08-2008, 05:08 PM
A flat tax but thats never going to happen so we need to raise the taxes on the rich and close the tax loopholes so that their 20 lawyers and accountants won't exploit them so their clients in essence end up paying a lower percentage than the middle and lower classes.

So since the flat tax will never happen, we should soak the rich? Why shouldn't we attempt to get as close to a flat income tax as we can, instead of making the tax system more "progressive?"

And no, I don't agree with Obama's bottom-up approach. I have yet to meet any 40-hour-a-week employee that creates jobs or wealth. It's entrepreneurs that create wealth and jobs in a capitalist society, and by raising top tax rates, the government discourages entrepreneurship.

OCA
11-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Increasing taxes on business to pay for this "bottom up" plan will increase unemployment and cause higher prices on goods which will even further devalue middle class income.

Not true, Clinton increased taxes on businesses significantly and the economy boomed during most of his 8 years.

OCA
11-08-2008, 05:14 PM
So since the flat tax will never happen, we should soak the rich? Why shouldn't we attempt to get as close to a flat income tax as we can, instead of making the tax system more "progressive?"

And no, I don't agree with Obama's bottom-up approach. I have yet to meet any 40-hour-a-week employee that creates jobs or wealth. It's entrepreneurs that create wealth and jobs in a capitalist society, and by raising top tax rates, the government discourages entrepreneurship.

Again how do you explain the increased business taxes under Clinton and the strength of the economy and low jobless rates during his 8 yrs? Plus for an added bonus he erased the deficit.

5stringJeff
11-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Again how do you explain the increased business taxes under Clinton and the strength of the economy and low jobless rates during his 8 yrs? Plus for an added bonus he erased the deficit.

Correlation does not equal causation. The increased business taxes hurt businesses, because it took away from their bottom line. However, we created a brand new sector of the economy - the internet and everything related with it - during the 1990's, which gave the economy strength and created thousands upon thousands of jobs.

As far as erasing the deficit, I'd give Clinton shared credit with the Gingrich-led GOP.

Missileman
11-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Not true, Clinton increased taxes on businesses significantly and the economy boomed during most of his 8 years.

The boom in the Clinton years was mostly from the internet. Most of the growth was "virtual" which is why the economy took a hit when that "bubble" popped.

Yurt
11-08-2008, 07:52 PM
The boom in the Clinton years was mostly from the internet. Most of the growth was "virtual" which is why the economy took a hit when that "bubble" popped.

absolutely.

Yurt
11-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Correlation does not equal causation. The increased business taxes hurt businesses, because it took away from their bottom line. However, we created a brand new sector of the economy - the internet and everything related with it - during the 1990's, which gave the economy strength and created thousands upon thousands of jobs.

As far as erasing the deficit, I'd give Clinton shared credit with the Gingrich-led GOP.

it will be interesting to see how the libs do, they have 2 out of the 3 branches of government....hopefully the SCOTUS remains neutral, but won't, and hopefully they will not also control that branch.

i can only imagine their excuses....

well bush/gop messed up SO bad, it will take us 1000 years to fix it...so keep voting for us

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Many off topic, feuds, just nasty posts moved to cage.

stephanie
11-09-2008, 01:32 AM

nothing defeatist about being a REALIST..

keep your head buried, sometimes that's easier...:cheers2:

Binky
11-09-2008, 08:40 AM
well, you helped throw away all those wonderful things you listed. You'll see the change alright. But it won't be a good change. America was a great country. It's now on the road to becoming a third rate shit hole. And all those that think, if they don't like it they will change it in four years are in for a big shock.

And what other choice did the powers that be give us? A 72 year old man that would be more of the same crapola as Bushie. We wouldn't be able to withstand at least another four years of that stuff and those people erroding our country with their evil deeds and sneaking crapola under the radar of the people to get shit passed. Shit, I might add, that would further put this country in harms way. Spew at me all you want. It is what it is. You don't have to like it. The same as I didn't have to fall in love with Bush and his minions that were focused on destroying America.

Binky
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
nothing defeatist about being a REALIST..

keep your head buried, sometimes that's easier...:cheers2:

:laugh2::laugh2: You're a riot! Others should have their head out of their butt as I have. Mine knows what's been going on. It would behoove others to come up for air now and then.

Binky
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
ok.....i am positive that the big liberl O is going to fuck things up.....

That might well be, and we'll find out soon enough. It's a known fact that Bushie certainly has. Now we'll be paying for it for a long while to come and trying to dig ourselves out of the massive sink hole we now find ourselves in.
Yea.......

Binky
11-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I have been trying that think positive thing. I really want to see any president do well for this country republican,democrat,libretarian....whoever. Then my husband last night tells me he was reading on Obama's new website and some of his plans. Sounds like A LOT of government interference to me. He told me something about making it mandatory that middle school and high school students serve 50 hours of community service!! MANDATORY? Who says? the government?!!!!

I will continue to do the best by our family and be positive for my kids. I will do that however without the governments help. Government interference is what scares me the most about Obama. Along with the fact that he is so worried about being charming for the press that he would poke fun at little ol Nancy Reagan while she's healing form a broken hip.

I understand where you're coming from. And thanks for letting us know about that "mandatory community service."

jimnyc
11-26-2016, 02:24 PM

I wrote this? Who fed me the drugs?

I don't want to reply too much, as this is such a dated thread, I just want to say that I am ever so glad to not deal with the headaches that you brought forth to the board!

You are a class act Jim, God bless you!

jd

Remember this folks, I'm a class act!! :thumb:

Miss you buddy!

Remember this going forward. I gave your guy a fair shake until he no longer deserved it. Seems you're already tossing Trump out before he even sees what the WH looks like.

That's exactly what I did. The transparency is what I liked about him most in the beginning, his claims of getting the public involved and letting us see everything ahead of time. Sadly, I don't think he stood behind that once, not even a single time.

Do you ever sit back and reflect on what a liberal fucktard you sound like.

Like I said, he's not MY president. There's nothing I can do but make comments on here and watch the country go to hell with the assistance of people like you. Even the libs are not going to be happy once he gets started, but by then there will be nothing they can do about it. And be assured the shit that goes down in the country will not be reported by the media.

Miss you buddy. And you were certainly part clairvoyant when it came to Obama.

Yeah but 63 million said yes and that's how democracy in this country works. The candidate with the majority wins. Are you against democracy and will of the people now or something.

Really?

The country is already in the toilet and has been for quite a long time now.

"Make American Great Again" - Trump thanks you from the future.

You've already heard this before in this thread, jimbo, but I'm going to repeat it as I think it deserves repeating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLASS ACT, MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:salute::beer::clap::laugh2::beer::salute:

Another one thinking I'm a class act. But I think this one harmed me more than it helped!! I'm betting that if we had a recount, like what Clinton and Stein are now looking for, not so many would see me classy! :thumb: