PDA

View Full Version : Trying to stay positive, but finding it difficult.

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2008, 02:18 PM
When I woke up this morning and saw that Obama was indeed the president-elect, I thought to myself "Ok, probably won't be as bad as we think."

But the more I read and hear about Obama's plans, I am getting more and more depressed.

Here I am, ready to go back to school, to start out on my goal of being a professional chef, and eventually owning my own high-end restaurant (Gordon Ramsay-level), maybe even more than one. Now I am not sure I really want to put forth the time, effort, and money to get to that point, because Obama wants to take the money I worked for, and give it to someone who didn't. I want to be able to retire on my own money, not depending on the government, and hopefully leave something for my kids and their families. But with Obama's plans, I will have to put money in cash form and probably gold and other investments, just to achieve what I want.

What is my motivation for succeeding in life and my goals now? Here I was all thrilled and excited about the prospect of starting on that path, but with the election results, I am not sure I want to work my way to that point, just for some other lazy bastard to think he's entitled to a piece of it, just because of his life situation or whatever the excuse, is worse than mine.

I'm still going to start school in January. I have already registered for classes, and I don't want to go through the process all over again in the future. However my outlook for the future and my goals is now clouded in the possible reality that Obama will run the country into the ground with tax hikes and socialized medicine. I only pray that he doesn't do too much damage to the country (along with the Dem-controlled house & senate) in 4 years and by then people will wake up and realize who and what Obama really is and stands for, and not re-elect him.

Please someone wake me up and tell me that this is all a bad dream... http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif

PostmodernProphet
11-05-2008, 02:45 PM
When I woke up this morning and saw that Obama was indeed the president-elect, I thought to myself "Ok, probably won't be as bad as we think."

But the more I read and hear about Obama's plans, I am getting more and more depressed.

Here I am, ready to go back to school, to start out on my goal of being a professional chef, and eventually owning my own high-end restaurant (Gordon Ramsay-level), maybe even more than one. Now I am not sure I really want to put forth the time, effort, and money to get to that point, because Obama wants to take the money I worked for, and give it to someone who didn't. I want to be able to retire on my own money, not depending on the government, and hopefully leave something for my kids and their families. But with Obama's plans, I will have to put money in cash form and probably gold and other investments, just to achieve what I want.

What is my motivation for succeeding in life and my goals now? Here I was all thrilled and excited about the prospect of starting on that path, but with the election results, I am not sure I want to work my way to that point, just for some other lazy bastard to think he's entitled to a piece of it, just because of his life situation or whatever the excuse, is worse than mine.

I'm still going to start school in January. I have already registered for classes, and I don't want to go through the process all over again in the future. However my outlook for the future and my goals is now clouded in the possible reality that Obama will run the country into the ground with tax hikes and socialized medicine. I only pray that he doesn't do too much damage to the country (along with the Dem-controlled house & senate) in 4 years and by then people will wake up and realize who and what Obama really is and stands for, and not re-elect him.

Please someone wake me up and tell me that this is all a bad dream... http://bestsmileys.com/crying/6.gif

be of good cheer, Fuzzy....it's going to take you at least eight years to graduate and get enough experience to own your own restaurant....by then, Obama will be history.....

The ClayTaurus
11-05-2008, 03:12 PM
If the two choices are "work harder" or "give up," I'll always choose "work harder."

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
If the two choices are "work harder" or "give up," I'll always choose "work harder."

Work harder... the people on welfare depend on you!

Excuse me while I curl up in a ball with my NKOTB music and videos and ignore reality for a little while...

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 03:38 PM

Excuse me while I curl up in a ball with my NKOTB music and videos and ignore reality for a little while...

I deal with people everyday that "ignore reality", they're ALL in bankruptcy.

I'll go with young Clay...work harder, and add "work smarter".

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM

oh please you're taking my last line a bit too serious. not like i'm gonna go on forever ignoring reality, jeez.

Just for an hour or two. Something about watching Jordan Knight dance around shirtless on stage makes everything seem peachy for a while. If only for a short while.

Lighten up.

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
oh please you're taking my last line a bit too serious. not like i'm gonna go on forever ignoring reality, jeez.

Just for an hour or two. Something about watching Jordan Knight dance around shirtless on stage makes everything seem peachy for a while. If only for a short while.

Lighten up.

The "work harder and smarter" still applies. :poke:

KitchenKitten99
11-05-2008, 03:52 PM
The "work harder and smarter" still applies. :poke:

No shit?! :eek:

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 03:53 PM
No shit?! :eek:

Yep..just don't shit in a commercial kitchen.

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 03:53 PM

Won't have to worry about bankruptcy much longer. Uncle Obama will be taking care of anyone who doesn't have. Spread the wealth man!

Immie

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Won't have to worry about bankruptcy much longer. Uncle Obama will be taking care of anyone who doesn't have. Spread the wealth man!

Immie

I have heard he wants to change the law back to pre 2004. I have mixed feelings about the "new" law but overall I think it's better. It really cut down the abuse of the system.

The ClayTaurus
11-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Excuse me while I curl up in a ball with my NKOTB music and videos and ignore reality for a little while...No. Work harder to achieve your own goals. Don't cop out because someone made the playing field harder. By all means, strive to fix what you feel is unfair, but don't let that be an excuse to give up.

*steps off soap box*