PDA

View Full Version : What if Berg now proves in the USSC that Obama was born in Kenya?

Little-Acorn
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
As I've said before, I believe he won't be able to, because Obama was in fact born in Hawaii, and Berg is firing blanks. That always has been a silly, useless quest.

But suppose.....

Berg finally makes it into the Supreme Court, lays out his case, both sides get argued, and about next week, the Supreme Court rules that Obama was indeed born in Kenya and is therefore not Constitutionally eligible to take the oath of office.

Now what happens?

As you know, the election last night did NOT elect the next President. It elected the College of Electors, and THEY elect the next Prez.

So if the College of Electors gets together in two weeks (or whenever it is) to formally elect the President, and find this Supreme Court ruling staring them in the face, what do they do?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Perhaps they will look at each other and say, "Well, each of us is bound by law to vote for the candidate we were sworn to support. For most of us, that is Barack Obama. But now we know that Obama is a non-candidate due to his proven foreign birth, certified by the highest court in the land. So, the Electors who were sworn to vote for him, are similarly disqualified, since they are unable to vote for any qualified candidate. So, the remaining Electors will now vote, and whatever QUALIFIED candidate that gets the most votes, will be the next President."

That will elect John McCain, of course, since he got the second-most electoral votes, and the first-most are all disqualified.

Paging Mr. Berg....... ;)

-----------------------------------------

P.S. How long do you suppose each voting member of the College of Electors would remain alive, after they did that?

YamiB.
11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
As I've said before, I believe he won't be able to, because Obama was in fact born in Hawaii, and Berg is firing blanks. That always has been a silly, useless quest.

But suppose.....

Berg finally makes it into the Supreme Court, lays out his case, both sides get argued, and about next week, the Supreme Court rules that Obama was indeed born in Kenya and is therefore not Constitutionally eligible to take the oath of office.

Now what happens?

As you know, the election last night did NOT elect the next President. It elected the College of Electors, and THEY elect the next Prez.

So if the College of Electors gets together in two weeks (or whenever it is) to formally elect the President, and find this Supreme Court ruling staring them in the face, what do they do?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Perhaps they will look at each other and say, "Well, each of us is bound by law to vote for the candidate we were sworn to support. For most of us, that is Barack Obama. But now we know that Obama is a non-candidate due to his proven foreign birth, certified by the highest court in the land. So, the Electors who were sworn to vote for him, are similarly disqualified, since they are unable to vote for any qualified candidate. So, the remaining Electors will now vote, and whatever QUALIFIED candidate that gets the most votes, will be the next President."

That will elect John McCain, of course, since he got the second-most electoral votes, and the first-most are all disqualified.

P.S. How long do you suppose each voting member of the College of Electors would remain alive, after they did that?

I think the reasonable thing would be either to have Obama become president as the votes demanded and then removing him from office due to this disqualifying factor or by giving the votes to his ticket. Either of those would wind up with a Bidden presidency of course.

I would prefer an emergency election with a replacement candidate on the Democratic ticket, but that seems like an unreasonable idea to me however much I may like it.

manu1959
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
i believe biden as vp elect assumes the office and he gets to appoint a vp.....

say hillary?.....then joe steps down.....and swoooooooooooooooon....we get a clinton again.....

-Cp
11-05-2008, 05:07 PM
i believe biden as vp elect assumes the office and he gets to appoint a vp.....

say hillary?.....then joe steps down.....and swoooooooooooooooon....we get a clinton again.....

Wouldn't Polosi be VP if Biden got bumped to Prez?

manu1959
11-05-2008, 06:14 PM

nope .... see ford taking over for nixon and picking ...who was it rockefeller?

11-05-2008, 06:23 PM
I think the reasonable thing would be either to have Obama become president as the votes demanded and then removing him from office due to this disqualifying factor or by giving the votes to his ticket. Either of those would wind up with a Bidden presidency of course.

I would prefer an emergency election with a replacement candidate on the Democratic ticket, but that seems like an unreasonable idea to me however much I may like it.

There is no process for removing a President because of a disqualifying factor. Impreachment occurs only with High crimes and Misdemeanors. And even then its impossible.

No, if there is a constitutional issue to be resolved, it has to be resolved before he is President.

11-05-2008, 06:24 PM

Nah, Pelosi is only President if both President and Vice-President are incapacitated at the same time. If something happens to the President, the Vice President would become President and be allowed to choose a new VP.

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
nope .... see ford taking over for nixon and picking ...who was it rockefeller?

Agnue..? SP

manu1959
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Agnue..? SP

ford replaced him after he got booted.....

YamiB.
11-05-2008, 06:41 PM
There is no process for removing a President because of a disqualifying factor. Impreachment occurs only with High crimes and Misdemeanors. And even then its impossible.

No, if there is a constitutional issue to be resolved, it has to be resolved before he is President.

Yes, I suppose you are right. And it would be too troublesome to have him impeached if it could be done instead by having him removed from the ticket. Though I don't think it would have to be decided before his Presidency, if he was unable to be put in the office and this was found out after the fact then I think it would be justifiable to impeach him on these grounds.

namvet
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM

But suppose.....

Now what happens?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Michelle. she'll keep the god damned amerika going. :laugh2:

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 07:18 PM
ford replaced him after he got booted.....

Yes, yes...I stepped back a bit too far in time..and yer correct it was Rockefeller, he just didn't do anything to remember him for I guess.

retiredman
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Agnue..? SP
Agnew was Nixon's VP who resigned in disgrace. He then picked Ford to replace him. Then Nixon resigned and Ford took the office

retiredman
11-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, yes...I stepped back a bit too far in time..and yer correct it was Rockefeller, he just didn't do anything to remember him for I guess.he died while "in the saddle" with his mistress. That is pretty memorable!

Kathianne
11-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok, while I've always been of the mindset that if ONE parent is American, so are their progeny, I've found some legal scholars disagree. Let's say that Obama was born in wherever, not Hawaii. Make it the 'given.' I'd contend that his mother being a US citizen, makes him a natural born, regardless of place of birth.

Yes, others disagree. Let SCOTUS rule, I think my contention will win, Obama was legal.

On the topic, I think the 14th amendment should be repealed, which has nothing to do with election, but everything to do with immigration reform.

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 08:21 PM
he died while "in the saddle" with his mistress. That is pretty memorable!

Not really, he wasn't the VP in 79 when he died.

11-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Yes, I suppose you are right. And it would be too troublesome to have him impeached if it could be done instead by having him removed from the ticket. Though I don't think it would have to be decided before his Presidency, if he was unable to be put in the office and this was found out after the fact then I think it would be justifiable to impeach him on these grounds.

Thinking about it, if he was found to not be born in the US, I think it could be argued that he lied in his applications to get on the ballot. Im pretty sure that is a crime. So maybe he could be impeached for it. Id have to study it more indepth.

retiredman
11-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Thinking about it, if he was found to not be born in the US, I think it could be argued that he lied in his applications to get on the ballot. Im pretty sure that is a crime. So maybe he could be impeached for it. Id have to study it more indepth.

why would you waste precious time on such a venture? Do you honestly think he was born somewhere else other than Hawaii??

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Ok, while I've always been of the mindset that if ONE parent is American, so are their progeny, I've found some legal scholars disagree. Let's say that Obama was born in wherever, not Hawaii. Make it the 'given.' I'd contend that his mother being a US citizen, makes him a natural born, regardless of place of birth.

Yes, others disagree. Let SCOTUS rule, I think my contention will win, Obama was legal.

I completely agree.

Immie

11-05-2008, 08:50 PM
why would you waste precious time on such a venture? Do you honestly think he was born somewhere else other than Hawaii??

Couldnt tell you. He hasnt produced his birth certificate. He could have been born on the moon for all i know.

retiredman
11-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Couldnt tell you. He hasnt produced his birth certificate. He could have been born on the moon for all i know.

Did George W. Bush ever produce HIS birth certificate?

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 08:56 PM

On the topic, I think the 14th amendment should be repealed, which has nothing to do with election, but everything to do with immigration reform.

Well, State says different...

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship By a Child Born Abroad

Birth Abroad to Two U.S. Citizen Parents in Wedlock: A child born abroad to two U.S. citizen parents acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under section 301(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). One of the parents MUST have resided in the U.S. prior to the child's birth. No specific period of time for such prior residence is required.

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.

Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Father: A child born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 301(g) INA, as made applicable by Section 309(a) INA provided:

1) a blood relationship between the applicant and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence;

2) the father had the nationality of the United States at the time of the applicant's birth;

3) the father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until the applicant reaches the age of 18 years, and

4) while the person is under the age of 18 years --

A) applicant is legitimated under the law of their residence or domicile,

B) father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or

C) the paternity of the applicant is established by adjudication court.

Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Mother: A child born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen mother may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 301(g) INA, as made applicable by Section 309(c) INA if the mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child's birth, and if the mother had previously been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year.

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

bullypulpit
11-05-2008, 09:16 PM

But suppose.....

Now what happens?

Elect Biden?

Elect Hillary?

Elect Michelle?

Wish in one hand and perform one's daily ablutions in the other, then see which fills first. :laugh2:

Kathianne
11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Well, State says different...

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Ok, and this doesn't apply to Obama how?

Immanuel
11-05-2008, 09:34 PM

There was never a question of George W. Bush having been born in the U.S. The fact that P.E. Obama's father was Kenyan and his mother is reported to have been in Kenya at the time of his birth raises the question.

However, with Kathianne, even if it was proven that his mother (a U.S. Citizen) was in Kenya at the time of his birth, I would not in good conscience be able to really push the matter.

I'd like to see honesty in the procedure, but in my book it wouldn't have been a huge issue.

Immie

Mr. P
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Ok, and this doesn't apply to Obama how?

It does..just pointing out citizenship isn't always automatic cuz a parent is.

retiredman
11-05-2008, 09:36 PM
There was never a question of George W. Bush having been born in the U.S. The fact that P.E. Obama's father was Kenyan and his mother is reported to have been in Kenya at the time of his birth raises the question.

However, with Kathianne, even if it was proven that his mother (a U.S. Citizen) was in Kenya at the time of his birth, I would not in good conscience be able to really push the matter.

I'd like to see honesty in the procedure, but in my book it wouldn't have been a huge issue.

Immie

reported by WHOM?

this is nothing more than sour grapes from a bunch of crones who have nothing else in their lives to prattle about.

Kathianne
11-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Take a deep breath everyone. I doubt this has squat to do with anything really on the table, if it does, I'll be shocked and amazed.

If via the 14th an illegal alien can work her butt off to give birth on US soil and claim her child a US citizen, thought of Illegal alien parentes.

Yet according to many, a parent that happens to be preggers, traveling abroad for whatever reason, completes gestation, gives birth to a 'less than US citizen?' Something is very wrong with this. Seems to me, a child born of an American mother or father, gets citizenship, as if born in US proper.

manu1959
11-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Take a deep breath everyone. I doubt this has squat to do with anything really on the table, if it does, I'll be shocked and amazed.

If via the 14th an illegal alien can work her butt off to give birth on US soil and claim her child a US citizen, thought of Illegal alien parentes.

Yet according to many, a parent that happens to be preggers, traveling abroad for whatever reason, completes gestation, gives birth to a 'less than US citizen?' Something is very wrong with this. Seems to me, a child born of an American mother or father, gets citizenship, as if born in US proper.

if you have one american parent and one non-american parent and you are born in a country other than the US you get dual citizenship and need to declare at 18 .....unless you gave up your us citizenship at some point which is berg's contention.....

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 08:18 AM
reported by WHOM?

this is nothing more than sour grapes from a bunch of crones who have nothing else in their lives to prattle about.

Well, then, produce the evidence.

I do not want to go into details, but there was a time when my wife and I were falsely accused of a crime. It took us four months of hell to clear up the accusations and WE had to prove our innocence. WE were NOT presumed innocent. WE had to prove it.

Point being that P.E. Obama is hiding something. My personal opinion is that it should not matter if he were born to a citizen regardless of where he were born that makes him a citizen and as far as I am concerned eligible to be President. But, hiding behind his defense of "I don't have to." would have cost me something very dear to me. Why should he be so privileged? Oh yeah, I forgot. He's rich and He's a liberal Democrat. That excuses everything.

Immie

namvet
11-06-2008, 09:01 AM

I do not want to go into details, but there was a time when my wife and I were falsely accused of a crime. It took us four months of hell to clear up the accusations and WE had to prove our innocence. WE were NOT presumed innocent. WE had to prove it.

Point being that P.E. Obama is hiding something. My personal opinion is that it should not matter if he were born to a citizen regardless of where he were born that makes him a citizen and as far as I am concerned eligible to be President. But, hiding behind his defense of "I don't have to." would have cost me something very dear to me. Why should he be so privileged? Oh yeah, I forgot. He's rich and He's a liberal Democrat. That excuses everything.

Immie

we can't. his gestapo, the MSM has burned it. so there is no document.

retiredman
11-06-2008, 09:05 AM

so you have no evidence to "prove" you theory? I guess that means it is time to put it aside and move on.

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 09:06 AM

I know that you are kidding but you are wrong.

If he was born in Hawaii, and I believe he was, then the State of Hawaii has the records. They simply produce a birth certificate certify it as being a true and accurate copy of the Birth Certificate and that is all it takes.

I needed a birth certificate to get my passport. I didn't have the original as Obama didn't have his. I sent a certified check to the county I was born in and requested a copy of my birth certificate. About six weeks later, guess what arrived in my mail... that is right a "Certified Copy" of my birth certificate with the appropriate raised embossment.

It cost me something like eight bucks and is a legal document.

Immie

retiredman
11-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I know that you are kidding but you are wrong.

If he was born in Hawaii, and I believe he was, then the State of Hawaii has the records. They simply produce a birth certificate certify it as being a true and accurate copy of the Birth Certificate and that is all it takes.

I needed a birth certificate to get my passport. I didn't have the original as Obama didn't have his. I sent a certified check to the county I was born in and requested a copy of my birth certificate. About six weeks later, guess what arrived in my mail... that is right a "Certified Copy" of my birth certificate with the appropriate raised embossment.

It cost me something like eight bucks and is a legal document.

Immie

just curious. How do you think that Obama was able to get HIS passport?

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
just curious. How do you think that Obama was able to get HIS passport?

Again, the issue according to some, is not his U.S. Citizenship. It is his eligibilty to be President. Arnold Schwartzenegger is a U.S. Citizen. He is not eligible to be President. There are millions of U.S. Citizens who are not eligible to be President because of their birth places.

In case you didn't realize it, you need not be eligible to be President to get a passport.

I do not believe Berg is questioning whether or not Senator Obama is a citizen. The question is if he is eligible to be President based on the requirements outlined in the Constitution. If Senator Obama is eligible then it is rather simple to prove it.

Again, what is he hiding?

Immie

Yurt
11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
what truly bothers me about this whole thing, is that this court believes (and the other court cited by this one) US citizens do not have standing to demand that candidates running for office prove their eligibility to do so.

last i checked, they work for us

as such, any US citizen should have standing to demand prove of eligibility to run

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 10:16 AM
what truly bothers me about this whole thing, is that this court believes (and the other court cited by this one) US citizens do not have standing to demand that candidates running for office prove their eligibility to do so.

last i checked, they work for us

as such, any US citizen should have standing to demand prove of eligibility to run

I suppose the one concern I would have, and I am not truly concerned about it in this case, is the concern that the founding fathers had when they adopted the Constitution in the first place. My understanding is that they were concerned that a person born in another nation would have an allegience to the place of their birth.

The founding fathers had a legitimate concern.

However, today the world has changed. Perhaps it is time to consider an Amendment to change the requirement... but, only through the proper procedures.

Immie

Yurt
11-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I suppose the one concern I would have, and I am not truly concerned about it in this case, is the concern that the founding fathers had when they adopted the Constitution in the first place. My understanding is that they were concerned that a person born in another nation would have an allegience to the place of their birth.

The founding fathers had a legitimate concern.

However, today the world has changed. Perhaps it is time to consider an Amendment to change the requirement... but, only through the proper procedures.

Immie

how is the world any different? in reality, there is no true litmus test to gage one's loyalty....then as now, i am sure you have natural born folks who really hate america and foriegn born folks who love america.

but the test is there and don't you agree that we should have the right to demand that the person who is running for office, to work for us, produce proof of eligibility? why should eligibility be secret and truly known only to a few elite?

emmett
11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Many military members married foriegners, had their children overseas and they are US citizens. Obama is a US citizen based solely on the fact that his mother was US born regardless of all other details.

The issue of whether he is lying about it, why would he lie? What does it matter? The people of the US have spoken, he has won decisively and will now be the president of the United States. Live with it!

If we would spend half the energy trying to figure out how to influence his agenda instead of this fantasy that a democratic Congress and Senate will impeach their own president we might actually accomplish something. Maybe we were not watching the elegant concession speech of John McCain when he laid it out so clearly.

When the day is done, nothing else matters!

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 10:48 AM
how is the world any different? in reality, there is no true litmus test to gage one's loyalty....then as now, i am sure you have natural born folks who really hate america and foriegn born folks who love america.

The world is different today only in the abilities of people to move from place to place. A person (Arnold S. for example) can be born in another country, yet live most of his/her adult life in America and be loyal to America.

but the test is there and don't you agree that we should have the right to demand that the person who is running for office, to work for us, produce proof of eligibility? why should eligibility be secret and truly known only to a few elite?

I don't believe I have argued against him having to produce proof of eligibility have I?

Immie

Yurt
11-06-2008, 10:50 AM
The world is different today only in the abilities of people to move from place to place. A person (Arnold S. for example) can be born in another country, yet live most of his/her adult life in America and be loyal to America.

I don't believe I have argued against him having to produce proof of eligibility have I?

Immie

and in the late 1700's people were not moving from place to place, from their country to america? what about the late 1800's? a person, like guvanator, existed back then as well.

no you did not argue against it, more like talking aloud by me

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
and in the late 1700's people were not moving from place to place, from their country to america? what about the late 1800's? a person, like guvanator, existed back then as well.

no you did not argue against it, more like talking aloud by me

Of course there was some movement. Most of us would not be here if there wasn't. However, in today's modern age with split second communication nearly world wide, things are different.

Also, I did not say we should amend the Constitution, but maybe we should look at it. Maybe we should consider that if a person was born in Cuba to a U.S. mother and a Cuban father, but raised after his third birthday in the U.S., that this person is as much of an American as I am and possibly as devoted to America as I am. Maybe we need to consider such things. That is why the founding fathers put in the ability to amend the Constitution... isn't it? ;)

Immie

Yurt
11-06-2008, 11:12 AM
i heard obama is going to amend the constitutional requirement for office to:

i pledge allegiance to the liberal ideology for oppression and injustice for which it stands.. one nation under obama...:laugh2:

manu1959
11-06-2008, 11:14 AM
i heard obama is going to amend the constitutional requirement for office to:

i pledge allegiance to the liberal ideology for oppression and injustice for which it stands.. one nation under obama...:laugh2:

i heard it was going to be........... (sung to the tune of bob the builder)

barack the black man....yes we can....:poke:

11-06-2008, 11:44 AM

Was there any doubt whether he was born in the United States?

11-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Many military members married foriegners, had their children overseas and they are US citizens. Obama is a US citizen based solely on the fact that his mother was US born regardless of all other details.

The issue of whether he is lying about it, why would he lie? What does it matter? The people of the US have spoken, he has won decisively and will now be the president of the United States. Live with it!

If we would spend half the energy trying to figure out how to influence his agenda instead of this fantasy that a democratic Congress and Senate will impeach their own president we might actually accomplish something. Maybe we were not watching the elegant concession speech of John McCain when he laid it out so clearly.

When the day is done, nothing else matters!

I dont think we will be able to influence his agenda regardless of what we do.

Hull
11-06-2008, 01:26 PM
There is no process for removing a President because of a disqualifying factor.

True. Disqualifying a person from the office of President due to ineligibility for place of birth would be a precedent setting event.

Won't happen to Obama though. No matter if the proof is there, the left won't let it happen. They have their messiah, and nothing is going to change that. Not even laws.