PDA

View Full Version : Franken demands recount...

KitchenKitten99
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/senate/33900844.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUX

Sen. Norm Coleman's narrow lead over DFL challenger Al Franken in the U.S. Senate race narrowed even more Wednesday, guaranteeing a recount that would be the state's biggest ever and could stretch well into next month.

Coleman declared victory Wednesday morning, when his unofficial lead over Franken stood at 725 votes out of nearly 2.9 million cast, according to the secretary of state's tally. By the end of the day, as county officials from around the state forwarded adjusted figures to the state, that margin had shrunk to 477 votes.

Early Wednesday, Franken announced his support for a recount, which would be automatic because of the closeness of the vote. He said that his campaign was investigating alleged voting irregularities at some polling places in Minneapolis and that "a recount could change the outcome significantly."

"Let me be clear: Our goal is to ensure that every vote is properly counted," he said.

... more at link

Come on Minnesota... do we really want THIS (http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/Misc%20Photos%20-to%20be%20sorted/?action=view&current=yuk.jpg) representing us?

Warning: If you have a weak stomach or are drinking liquid near your computer, do not click.

stephanie
11-06-2008, 11:08 AM
but of course...because in his warped mind, there ain't no friggin way he can be losing...the people gotta LOVE HIM as much as he loves himself...

11-06-2008, 11:42 AM
In other words he is investigating ways to steal the election.

PostmodernProphet
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
to be fair....your article says the recount is automatic, so it isn't a matter of Franken asking for anything....

Little-Acorn
11-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Minnesota law says that if two candidates are less than 1/2 percent apart, a recount is required by law. It's been that ways for years. And many other states have similar laws.

Franken has nothing to do with it.

KitchenKitten99
11-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Crap, this is a different article than the one i read the yesterday.

It looked the same as it had the same video clip on the top and same headline. The one I read said Franken was asking for it, and it didn't mention anything about the recount being automatic.

Sorry about that, guess I should have read this one more thoroughly.

How many D-list celebrities need to run for office in this state, and win before the people who vote for them get the hint that they aren't public office material?

I admit I voted for Ventura, but I was 18, give me a break.

Mr. P
11-06-2008, 12:34 PM

It looked the same as it had the same video clip on the top and same headline. The one I read said Franken was asking for it, and it didn't mention anything about the recount being automatic.

How many D-list celebrities need to run for office in this state, and win before the people who vote for them get the hint that they aren't public office material?

Lesson: Don't expect the media to report the facts.:poke:

bullypulpit
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/senate/33900844.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUX

Come on Minnesota... do we really want THIS (http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/Misc%20Photos%20-to%20be%20sorted/?action=view&current=yuk.jpg) representing us?

Warning: If you have a weak stomach or are drinking liquid near your computer, do not click.

A.) Franken is within his rights under Minnesota law.

B.) Do people REALLY want Barbara Bachman representing them?

krisy
11-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Great he wants a recount,meanwhile he's a lunatic who probably has 30 restraining orders against him. The man is mental.:eek:

bullypulpit
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Great he wants a recount,meanwhile he's a lunatic who probably has 30 restraining orders against him. The man is mental.:eek:

:link:

KitchenKitten99
11-06-2008, 04:15 PM

B.) Do people REALLY want Barbara Bachman representing them?

Of course he is within his rights. He's just a sore loser.

And who is Barbara Bachman?

KitchenKitten99
11-06-2008, 04:16 PM
:link:

How about a photo instead?:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/Misc%20Photos%20-to%20be%20sorted/yuk.jpg

krisy
11-06-2008, 05:31 PM
How about a photo instead?:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/FuzzyKitten1999/Misc%20Photos%20-to%20be%20sorted/yuk.jpg

Thanks fuzzy....a picture is worth a thousand words!:dance:

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks fuzzy....a picture is worth a thousand words!:dance:

A couple of :puke:s too.

Immie

KitchenKitten99
11-06-2008, 08:28 PM
A couple of :puke:s too.

Immie

yeah, and people actually want him representing us.

The dealers must be getting some really good stuff to the masses here... :dunno:

Classact
11-07-2008, 07:10 AM

B.) Do people REALLY want Barbara Bachman representing them?It's shocking that the election is even close considering Franken's rep. I think Bachman should be acknowledged as being in one of the sane districts of MN.

Psychoblues
11-11-2008, 08:58 PM
I am curious to know why the poster titles the thread "Franken Demands Recount" as the article makes no such claim. Interesting?!??!??!?!??!

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-11-2008, 09:07 PM
I am curious to know why the poster titles the thread "Franken Demands Recount" as the article makes no such claim. Interesting?!??!??!?!??!

Psychoblues

stirring up old crap....see post 6 :poke:

Psychoblues
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I've read it now twice, yuk.

stirring up old crap....see post 6 :poke:

It still doesn't explain why this thread is titled the way it is. And, it has not been corrected with any link to an article that makes that claim at all. Looks more like some of the shit that you and rsr like to exaggerate about.

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I've read it now twice, yuk.

It still doesn't explain why this thread is titled the way it is. And, it has not been corrected with any link to an article that makes that claim at all. Looks more like some of the shit that you and rsr like to exaggerate about.

Psychoblues

you read that twice and still can't figure it out :laugh2:

a mistake and admittance of such, you just came in this thread to stir stuff up... :lame2:

Psychoblues
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Not at all, yuk. I simply remarked as to why the thread was entitled "Franken Demands Recount" when in fact Franken has not demanded anything at all and there is no indication by anyone other than the poster that he has.

you read that twice and still can't figure it out :laugh2:

a mistake and admittance of such, you just came in this thread to stir stuff up... :lame2:

If that is difficult for you I would strongly suggest you find a different line of work, faux counselor.

Psychoblues

Yurt
11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
the person who created the thread said it was a mistake, what more do you want other than stirring stuff up :poke:

why don't you pm a mod about this and ask them to change the title as it appears to be causing you extreme emotional anguish

krisy
11-11-2008, 09:39 PM
why don't you pm a mod about this and ask them to change the title as it appears to be causing you extreme emotional anguish

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Psychoblues
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Like I said, yuk, this appears to be similar to the shit you and others do in order to do as you are now attempting, stir up shit.

the person who created the thread said it was a mistake, what more do you want other than stirring stuff up :poke:

Get a life, cowgirl, and stay out of stuff that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about, OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Yurt
11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
:lol: what are you talking about

take an asprin, you'll need it in the morning

http://dawn.cbcr3.com/nmc/18/18783/Images/PISSED%20LAYED%20AND%20FUCKIN%20DRUNK%20COVER.jpg

Psychoblues
11-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I LOVE that picture, yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: what are you talking about

take an asprin, you'll need it in the morning

http://dawn.cbcr3.com/nmc/18/18783/Images/PISSED%20LAYED%20AND%20FUCKIN%20DRUNK%20COVER.jpg

I know a few cats that need to see that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Mr. P
11-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Like I said, yuk, this appears to be similar to the shit you and others do in order to do as you are now attempting, stir up shit.

Get a life, cowgirl, and stay out of stuff that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about, OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So let me see...if I went back and combed through your threads I wouldn't find the same type of misleading titles? Ok then :laugh2:

Psychoblues
11-12-2008, 12:02 AM
I think you would have a very hard time doing that, P. I generally post the exact title as is published in the article to which my threads are dedicated. I once made a significant change to one and I caught hell from jimnyc about it and I have never been guilty of that lil' sin again as far as I can remember.

So let me see...if I went back and combed through your threads I wouldn't find the same type of misleading titles? Ok then :laugh2:

In the opening comments, not the title, however, I do enjoy the precious beginnings of a vibrant and inviting conversation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Kathianne
11-12-2008, 03:50 AM

The article was 'revised':

Last update: November 6, 2008 - 10:24 PM

Usually it's ap or Reuters that changes headlines like that, Strib would be another likely candidate.

Psychoblues
11-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Kat, the thread title is "Franken Demands Recount...." That has not appeared in any article or even implied by anyone other than the misquided poster here.

The article was 'revised':

Last update: November 6, 2008 - 10:24 PM

Usually it's ap or Reuters that changes headlines like that, Strib would be another likely candidate.

Note the later change in the poster's verbage: "The one I read said Franken was asking for it" and by that I assume it was the recount. Franken has not demanded anything,,,,,,,,,,yet.

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

Kathianne
11-12-2008, 04:53 AM
The system works when everyone has confidence in it:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122644940271419147.html

Mischief in Minnesota?
Al Franken's recount isn't funny.

You'd think Democrats would be content with last week's electoral rout. But judging from the odd doings in Minnesota, some in their party wouldn't mind adding to their jackpot by stealing a Senate seat for left-wing joker Al Franken.

When Minnesotans woke up last Wednesday, Republican Senator Norm Coleman led Mr. Franken by 725 votes. By that evening, he was ahead by only 477. As of yesterday, Mr. Coleman's margin stood at 206. This lopsided bleeding of Republican votes is passing strange considering that the official recount hasn't even begun.

The vanishing Coleman vote came during a week in which election officials are obliged to double-check their initial results. Minnesota is required to do these audits, and it isn't unusual for officials to report that they transposed a number here or there. In a normal audit, these mistakes could be expected to cut both ways. Instead, nearly every "fix" has gone for Mr. Franken, in some cases under strange circumstances.

For example, there was Friday night's announcement by Minneapolis's director of elections that she'd forgotten to count 32 absentee ballots in her car....

This entire process is being overseen by Democratic Secretary of State Mark Ritchie, who isn't exactly a nonpartisan observer. One of Mr. Ritchie's financial supporters during his 2006 run for office was a 527 group called the Secretary of State Project, which was co-founded by James Rucker, who came from MoveOn.org. The group says it is devoted to putting Democrats in jobs where they can "protect elections."

Mr. Ritchie is also an ally of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or Acorn, of fraudulent voter-registration fame. That relationship might explain why prior to the election Mr. Ritchie waved off evidence of thousands of irregularities on Minnesota voter rolls, claiming that accusations of fraud were nothing more than "desperateness" from Republicans....

Psychoblues
11-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Just what system are you speaking of, Kat?

The system works when everyone has confidence in it:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122644940271419147.html

You do realize that what you posted here is an unsigned opinion piece that any learned person would reject out of hand don't you? Further, the piece is so full of misrepresentations and out and out lies that even the unlearned would scoff at it's incredulities.

The Wall Street Journal once had better standards and would not have even considered printing that garbage.

Whatever trips your trigger?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:laugh2:

Psychoblues

MtnBiker
11-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Do you think you could comb through those posts and find misleading names for other members?

Psychoblues
11-12-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't know what you're trying to say there, bkr, but when I first came here and to the other board I always spelled out correctly every moniker of the individual with whom I was speaking, including you. I noticed very few, if any, ever refered to me as simply Psychoblues. I realized that the prez you all seem to worship so much never calls anyone by their actual names either so from that point forward I started using nicknames as other members do regarding me.

Do you think you could comb through those posts and find misleading names for other members?

That's rather harmless and I certainly have never taken exception to the rather juvenile practice. In fact, I think it can be great fun sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about that recount, bkr? How do you see it?!?!?!?!?!??!

Keep it on 2 wheels, bkr, it rides better that way?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Psychoblues

red states rule
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
The recount hasn't even started yet. Over 500 votes were "magically" found for Franken AFTER all of the votes were to have been tallied. Like the 32 left in a guy's car...all for Franken

Anyone wnat to explain gow 100% of the "new votes" found were for Franken?

Looks like Dems are determined to keep "finding" votes until Franken wins