PDA

View Full Version : Palin didn't know Africa was a continent

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 01:11 PM
This news item is not from some right-wing blog or MSM new source. This was broken by FOX NEWS! I was astounded!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWZHTJsR4Bc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWZHTJsR4Bc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:12 PM
the bull don't shit, the grass don't grow..

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 01:14 PM
the bull don't shit, the grass don't grow..
And, as usual, you make no sense at all.

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM
I bet she knows there isn't 57 states...:laugh2:

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:16 PM

it makes a lot of sense..it's not my problem you are a city slicker..:laugh2:

manu1959
11-06-2008, 01:37 PM
i bet she knows what year she was born......

hjmick
11-06-2008, 01:38 PM
i bet she knows what year she was born......

And where...

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:39 PM
another stupid rumor the liberals is happy to spread..

I guess when you have nothing else...

:dance:

retiredman
11-06-2008, 01:42 PM
another stupid rumor the liberals is happy to spread..

I guess when you have nothing else...

nothing else????

we have the white house and large majorities in both houses of congress. We have a democratic president who will be appointing two maybe three SCOTUS justices in his first term.

If that is "nothing else", I'll be happy with that!:lol:

Mr. P
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM

Makes 100% sense. Bullshit grows grass, bullshit news stories grow ratings. No "news" media is above a lil BS every so often.

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
nothing else????

we have the white house and large majorities in both houses of congress. We have a democratic president who will be appointing two maybe three SCOTUS justices in his first term.

you are a commie just like the rest of your party..

go away from me little man..

emmett
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Look....let's face it, the average candidate needs to be a little bit dumber nowadays to be appealing to the higher percentages of Americans. The nintendo generation is of voting age now and itching to get involved. If a candidate is too knowledgeable or intelligent they offend the "dumber" society.

Sarah has proven that she isn't that terribly smart! The thing is that politicians don't have to be anymore. We elect celebrities now.......not presidents and so forth. A well qualified, intelligent economist history professor with a political science degree and 10 years of service in an elected position has no chance against the average movie star!

retiredman
11-06-2008, 01:46 PM
you are a commie just like the rest of your party..

go away from me little man..

you don't even know what the word "commie" means, moron.

11-06-2008, 01:47 PM
First, it's going to take more than hearsay from a second hand source who is clearly trying to take her out before a 2012 run to make me believe a claim like this.

Second, 57 states. Nuff said.

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:48 PM
you don't even know what the word "commie" means, moron.

why do you hate your country??

that you don't care who is taking it over..

Mr. P
11-06-2008, 01:51 PM
First, it's going to take more than hearsay from a second hand source who is clearly trying to take her out before a 2012 run to make me believe a claim like this.

You noticed the "someone said" stuff too?

hjmick
11-06-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm more interested in Palin greeting McCain staffers wrapped in a towel. Is there any film on that?

Sitarro
11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
nothing else????

"A democratic president" , How long did you mess for the Navy?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm more interested in Palin greeting McCain staffers wrapped in a towel. Is there any film on that?

haha

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Liberals? Second hand source? This story was broken by Fox News! The official conservative Republican news source.
You need to come up with something better than that.

theHawk
11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
If this story it true its really frightening how dumb she is. There is no way she is the "future of the party". The Republican Party is supposed to be a party of ideas and policies, not a cult of personality like the Dems are.

However it could be a case of a bitter aide that didn't like Palin just making up the story.

Trigg
11-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Liberals? Second hand source? This story was broken by Fox News! The official conservative Republican news source.

Like all of your slanderous posts regarding Palin, you've provided NO PROOF that the story is true.

No matter who broke the story it's BS without proof. Grow up.

Immanuel
11-06-2008, 05:19 PM

According to the Yahoo piece I just saw about this, the source that claimed she didn't know that Africa was a continent was... get this! anonymous. Meaning it came from a piece of [c]hit. Most likely a liar.

Fox News said, "We are told...", meaning they don't know whether or not it is true.

For right now, this didn't even belong in the press.

Immie

Yurt
11-06-2008, 05:32 PM

gabs...you're awesome...now we can all TRUST foxnews regardless of proof

11-06-2008, 06:13 PM

First, simply because it's on Fox doesnt mean the source, (which is not Fox) isnt liberal.

Second, is a second hand source, Some unknown people, are saying it to Fox news reporters who are then relying the information to us. If the people themselves came on or there was some audio, you might be able to say its first hand.

Third, the source is liberal because it comes from a McCain staffers. It's no secret that McCain is the biggest lib in the Republican party.

Gab, you dont seem to understand what you are talking about.

retiredman
11-06-2008, 08:01 PM
First, simply because it's on Fox doesnt mean the source, (which is not Fox) isnt liberal.

Second, is a second hand source, Some unknown people, are saying it to Fox news reporters who are then relying the information to us. If the people themselves came on or there was some audio, you might be able to say its first hand.

Third, the source is liberal because it comes from a McCain staffers. It's no secret that McCain is the biggest lib in the Republican party.

Gab, you dont seem to understand what you are talking about.

you should have the BALLS to watch "Outfoxed". The documentary about Faux News. If you did, you'd have a whole new appreciation of the phrase,"some people say".

namvet
11-06-2008, 10:35 PM
so take the test

How much do you know about geography? Take MSNBC.com's quiz and find out.
TEST (TEST)

I got 100% but had to think on a few

manu1959
11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
my 10 year olde son just got 80%

hjmick
11-06-2008, 11:01 PM
so take the test

How much do you know about geography? Take MSNBC.com's quiz and find out.
TEST (TEST)

I got 100% but had to think on a few

Scoop of vanilla, scoop of chocolate, don't wast my time. 100%.

Try this one:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/index/1,21581,5015022,00.html

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 11:11 PM
These were not "anonymous sources." They were members of McCain's and Palin's staff. McCain admitted to staff members that the choice of Palin was a "throw out of left field." He wanted to shake up the dynamics of the race. <br>
The move worked for a while. After Palin's acceptance speech at the GOP Convention, McCain got a huge boost, even leading Obama in the polls for a while. Then came the Palin interview with Katie Couric (which Palin refused to prepare for) and bottoming out of the economy.

I don't think Palin is the future of the GOP. I think it should be someone like Bobby Jindal, who I even like. Jindal would be a formidable opponent for Obama in 2012.

manu1959
11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
These were not "anonymous sources." They were members of McCain's and Palin's staff. McCain admitted to staff members that the choice of Palin was a "throw out of left field." He wanted to shake up the dynamics of the race. <br>
The move worked for a while. After Palin's acceptance speech at the GOP Convention, McCain got a huge boost, even leading Obama in the polls for a while. Then came the Palin interview with Katie Couric (which Palin refused to prepare for) and bottoming out of the economy.

I don't think Palin is the future of the GOP. I think it should be someone like Bobby Jindal, who I even like. Jindal would be a formidable opponent for Obama in 2012.

really who said it....

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 11:22 PM
You are expecting McCain and Palin staffers to out themselves? Politics is all about discreet "leaks." You should know that.
It's like all those anonymous Obama slanders that came out before the election.

manu1959
11-06-2008, 11:22 PM

Try this one:

yikes...155k......level 5....90

No1tovote4
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
You are expecting McCain and Palin staffers to out themselves? Politics is all about discreet "leaks." You should know that.
It's like all those anonymous Obama slanders that came out before the election.
Hmmm... I could write a "news" article that states that Obama's staff anonymously 'leaked' information to me that Biden stepped out of the Alzheimer Factory and into the VP spot because he was the only person that Obama thought was stupid enough to protect him from assassination...

Would it make it true? To you apparently it would because it was in the news and I said I had sources. Would it really? Maybe. Would it be as easy to "check" as this? Yes. Exactly so.

hjmick
11-06-2008, 11:29 PM
my 10 year olde son just got 80%

The kid might enjoy this one:

Place the states (http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_experiment_drag-drop_Intermed_State15s_500.html)

Yurt
11-06-2008, 11:33 PM
176k, 6, 92

hjmick
11-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Hmmm... I could write a "news" article that states that Obama's staff anonymously 'leaked' information to me that Biden stepped out of the Alzheimer Factory and into the VP spot because he was the only person that Obama thought was stupid enough to protect him from assassination...

Would it make it true? To you apparently it would because it was in the news and I said I had sources. Would it really? Maybe. Would it be as easy to "check" as this? Yes. Exactly so.

You know, some are saying that Biden continues to refuse to release scans of his brain because he has another aneurysm, this one life threatening.

Immanuel
11-07-2008, 08:00 AM

Bobby who?

Poor Bobby... his career is over before he even got started. A self-proclaimed liberal has endorsed him. He has even less of a prayer than McCain had this year. :)

By the way, Gabby, I agree with you about Gov. Palin's career in national politics. It is over. She'll disappear from the scene like so many others who tried but failed. I wish her much luck.

Immie

namvet
11-07-2008, 09:13 AM

Try this one:

liar. that's a good one. but i need a larger map !!!!!

namvet
11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
This news item is not from some right-wing blog or MSM new source. This was broken by FOX NEWS! I was astounded!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWZHTJsR4Bc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWZHTJsR4Bc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

it came from an anonymous source who refuse's to be identified.

now a geography Q for you

find your ass. hint: it will take both hands:coffee:

GW in Ohio
11-07-2008, 09:49 AM

gabo: I don't think Palin is stupid at all. I think she is quite astute and will gain in sophistication as the years go by.

No, the problem with Palin isn't intelligence; it's that she thinks that Adam and Eve were actual people and they rode around on dinosaurs.

And speaking of dinosaurs, that is the wing of the GOP that she represents....the paleolithic, archaic wing.

stephanie
11-07-2008, 09:52 AM
:lol:

every time the Democrats finally win an election, we hear how Conservatism IS DEAD...

same shit different year...

Trigg
11-07-2008, 02:30 PM

Your starting to sound like joesteel and truthmatters, so let me be clear. Without PROOF....this is simply slander.

Much like the slander you posted regarding Palin and her baby. An annonymous source, could be anyone. It's probably the same person who said Trig was the baby of Bristol :lame2:.

Palin isn't the future of the GOP, at least I hope not. She was a poor choice for VP, McCain IMO thought he could get the women's vote excited with her on the ticket. As far as Jindal, he's a first term Governor from LA, other than that what has he done????????????????????

Monkeybone
11-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Palin isn't the future of the GOP, at least I hope not. She was a poor choice for VP, McCain IMO thought he could get the women's vote excited with her on the ticket. As far as Jindal, he's a first term Governor from LA, other than that what has he done????????????????????
as much as Obama. now all he needs to do is organize some community events.

Noir
11-07-2008, 02:46 PM
why are we even bothering with this, it may or may not have happened.

But we have plently of clips of palin saying stupid stuff all over YouTube, weather this perticular one happened or nor makes little odds

Monkeybone
11-07-2008, 02:48 PM
why are we even bothering with this, it may or may not have happened.

But we have plently of clips of palin saying stupid stuff all over YouTube, weather this perticular one happened or nor makes little odds

becasue those of us that live here like to shoot the shit and wonder what will happen. plus if you get the bad stuff built up in your mind it ain't so bad when every thing turns out ok in the next 4 yrs

hjmick
11-07-2008, 02:54 PM
As far as Jindal, he's a first term Governor from LA, other than that what has he done????????????????????

Jindal was tapped to serve as secretary of the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals by the Governor Mike Foster. At the time (1996, at the age of 25), the LDHH represented about 40 percent of the state budget. During his stint as secretary, Louisiana's Medicaid program went from bankruptcy with a $400 million deficit to three years of surpluses totaling $220 million. He served three years in the House of Representatives for Louisiana's 1st congressional district. As we all know he is currently the Governor of Louisiana. He went to Brown University, graduating with honors in biology and public policy. After Brown he was accepted by both Harvard Medical School and Yale Law School, instead he chose to attend New College, Oxford, where he received a master's degree in political science from Rhodes Scholar. After Oxford he a consulting firm, where he advised Fortune 500 companies.

In 1999, at the request of the Louisiana Governor's Office and the Louisiana State Legislature, Jindal volunteered his time to study how Louisiana might use its $4.4 billion tobacco settlement. In that same year Jindal was appointed to become the youngest-ever president of the University of Louisiana System. In March 2001 he was nominated by President George W. Bush to be Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services for Planning and Evaluation. He was later unanimously confirmed by a bipartisan vote of the United States Senate and began serving on July 9, 2001. In that position, he served as the principal policy advisor to the Secretary of Health and Human Services. He resigned from that post on February 21, 2003, to return to Louisiana and run for governor.

Does that answer your question?

Trigg
11-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the info, :beer:

hjmick
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info, :beer:

My pleasure. Sorry if I seemed snippy, I didn't mean to. It wasn't until just now that I realized the, "Does that answer your question" comment came off as kind of dickish, which was not my intent.

For what it's worth, Ray Nagin (D) endorsed him when he ran for Governor.

Trigg
11-07-2008, 05:03 PM
My pleasure. Sorry if I seemed snippy, I didn't mean to. It wasn't until just now that I realized the, "Does that answer your question" comment came off as kind of dickish, which was not my intent.

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

I didn't know anything about him. I didn't even know the name until he was mentioned a couple of times as a possible VP for McCain.

hjmick
11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
No worries, I didn't take it that way.

I didn't know anything about him. I didn't even know the name until he was mentioned a couple of times as a possible VP for McCain.

Not a lot of people did. I started paying attention to him when he beat Kathleen Blanco for the Governor's office. There is some huge potential there, on top of his accomplishments to date.

Kathianne
11-07-2008, 06:54 PM

Yawn. Obama says 57 states, misstatement. Palin says 'country', idiot. More fair and unbiased.

11-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Yawn. Obama says 57 states, misstatement. Palin says 'country', idiot. More fair and unbiased.

Correction, Obama says 57 states, mistatement. Palin allegedly says country, idiot.

DragonStryk72
11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
I think we expect too much out of our public figures these days. Palin screwing up a single word out of thousands she was speaking continuously throughout her run in a campaign she was ill-prepared for is unfair.

Seriously, is there anyone here who hasn't flubbed a word in their life, known the word you actually needed, but a different one slipped out? Now imagine you talk about 10x more than you do now, mostly in high pressure situations, with recording devices in every direction. Now, again, do you really want to get judged based on your flubs?

Palin was not ready for VP, she just wasn't, and that's fine. Had she been left to govern Alaska for a few more years, she'd have come to a better understanding of things on the larger stage, and become steadily more used to the public light. Instead, she was thrust prematurely into it, and it shows.

It seems like everything coming out of the McCain camp at this points is throwing the whole thing into Palin's lap as far as losing the election, including talk about how McCain didn't really want to pick her, but went with his advisors. That's not Palin's fault, that is McCain's, pure and simple. You can't be the leader of the free world is you continuously defer to your advisors on major points.

And trying to destroy her career in order to preserve his making him nothing but a dishonorable shit.

Kathianne
11-09-2008, 02:14 AM
Correction, Obama says 57 states, mistatement. Palin allegedly says country, idiot.

You? The grammar police? Lord help us!

namvet
11-09-2008, 09:38 AM
I think we expect too much out of our public figures these days. Palin screwing up a single word out of thousands she was speaking continuously throughout her run in a campaign she was ill-prepared for is unfair.

Seriously, is there anyone here who hasn't flubbed a word in their life, known the word you actually needed, but a different one slipped out? Now imagine you talk about 10x more than you do now, mostly in high pressure situations, with recording devices in every direction. Now, again, do you really want to get judged based on your flubs?

Palin was not ready for VP, she just wasn't, and that's fine. Had she been left to govern Alaska for a few more years, she'd have come to a better understanding of things on the larger stage, and become steadily more used to the public light. Instead, she was thrust prematurely into it, and it shows.

It seems like everything coming out of the McCain camp at this points is throwing the whole thing into Palin's lap as far as losing the election, including talk about how McCain didn't really want to pick her, but went with his advisors. That's not Palin's fault, that is McCain's, pure and simple. You can't be the leader of the free world is you continuously defer to your advisors on major points.

And trying to destroy her career in order to preserve his making him nothing but a dishonorable shit.

welcome to socialism

11-09-2008, 09:57 AM
You? The grammar police? Lord help us!

not grammar. i was looking for entire meaning there.

DragonStryk72
11-14-2008, 01:13 AM
welcome to socialism

That's not socialism, that's being a dick, and has existed for millennia.

Sitarro
11-14-2008, 03:53 AM

Hold on now avatar, he said he had been to 57 states and was planning to go to one more but his campaign wouldn't let him go to Hawaii or Alaska, that adds up to 60 states......... where is that chimp eared dickhead from? Kenya?