PDA

View Full Version : Alaska loves its crook

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Re-elected two criminals to Congress. What are these people thinking?
http://www.adn.com/elections/senate/story/580342.html

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
and the Democrat party loves theirs...

so ya might not want to throw stones in the air, one could bonk you in the head..

hjmick
11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
and the Democrat party loves theirs...

so ya might not want to throw stones in the air, one could bonk you in the head..

What makes you think one hasn't?

People fail to understand the politics of re-electing these two wankers. If the Stevens conviction is upheld, the governor appoints his replacement. If the conviction is overturned on appeal, back to Washington. Young has yet to even have charges filed against him, so calling him a crook is a bit premature, but the same would appliy to him. Knowing that Alaska has strong Republican roots and having a grasp of how the system works would go a long way in understanding what the voters were thinking.

stephanie
11-06-2008, 01:33 PM
What makes you think on hasn't?

People fail to understand the politics of re-electing these two wankers. If the Stevens conviction is upheld, the governor appoints his replacement. If the conviction is overturned on appeal, back to Washington. Young has yet to even have charges filed against him, so calling him a crook is a bit premature, but the same would appliy to him. Knowing that Alaska has strong Republican roots and having a grasp of how the system works would go a long way in understanding what the voters were thinking.

I knew all that, but you write it out prettier than I do..:laugh2:

Little-Acorn
11-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Re-elected two criminals to Congress. What are these people thinking?
http://www.adn.com/elections/senate/story/580342.html

Is this the guy who took $100,000 in bribes and stored the money in his refrigerator?

Imagine re-electing somebody like that. Amazing.

11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
They knew Stevens will be forced out. But they keep the Seat Republican and now Sarah can appoint a new Senator.

hjmick
11-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I knew all that, but you write it out prettier than I do..:laugh2:

Sometimes we need to explain things to the youngsters. Patience is often called for in these types of circumstances.

hjmick
11-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Is this the guy who took $100,000 in bribes and stored the money in his refrigerator?

Imagine re-electing somebody like that. Amazing.

And the solution is...

Democrat William Jefferson of Louisiana, in the freezer, with $90,000.

Screw Professor Plumb in the conservatory with the candlestick, that's old school..

gabosaurus
11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Because one wrong cancels out another, right? :rolleyes:

Yurt
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Because one wrong cancels out another, right? :rolleyes:

no, you asked what are these people thinking....i am sure you did not make a similar posts for the dems who elected crooks :rolleyes: