PDA

View Full Version : Markets still going down

11-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Obama gets elected and its like everyone is selling. Never seen something like this. usually its all buying.

hjmick
11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Change...

Yurt
11-06-2008, 03:22 PM
didn't he say he wanted to raise taxes on capital gains

Noir
11-06-2008, 03:43 PM
do any of us know when we are going to hit the bottem of this?

Are you suggesting that if McCain where president in waiting that the markets would be going up?

Been Reading the stars or sommit?

Binky
11-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Obama gets elected and its like everyone is selling. Never seen something like this. usually its all buying.

This is what I expected, so it doesn't surprise me a bit. Early this afternoon the market was at a negative 186. I don't know what it's at now, or if it'll go any lower or not. But with the way things are going lately, this yo yo effect is prob'ly going to go on for awhile. Hopefully, it'll rise, stabilize and stop descending.

Nukeman
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
do any of us know when we are going to hit the bottem of this?

Are you suggesting that if McCain where president in waiting that the markets would be going up?

Been Reading the stars or sommit?You may be more on than you think. The "market" is afraid of what Obama has in store for the future in regards to TAXES!!! Most on the markets were not looking forward to a Dem going into the office of President especially with a majority in the House and Senate. This ALWAYS has meant MORE taxes, when people pay more taxes they have LESS discretionary income to play the market. That my friend is a very simplified reason for the market drop, for now!:slap:

April15
11-06-2008, 06:17 PM
You may be more on than you think. The "market" is afraid of what Obama has in store for the future in regards to TAXES!!! Most on the markets were not looking forward to a Dem going into the office of President especially with a majority in the House and Senate. This ALWAYS has meant MORE taxes, when people pay more taxes they have LESS discretionary income to play the market. That my friend is a very simplified reason for the market drop, for now!:slap:Did anyone of the commenters so far look at why the market went down today? Bad economic news reports. That is usually why people sell. Oil is down and jobs are very soft. Yahoo and Google didn't get to merge. So many things and you pick Barack as the cause? No wonder you people are not off in some carribian island.

Yurt
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
its ronny raygun's fault!

April15
11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
its ronny raygun's fault!In part, yes. It is also our fault for not keeping better track of our government and financial institutions.

April15
11-06-2008, 06:52 PM
U.S. stocks on Thursday extended the steep losses from the previous session, with the Dow industrials logging a second straight decline of over 400 points. A negative outlook from technology bellwether Cisco Systems (CSCO) weighed on sentiment, as did weak sales reports from U.S. retailers.

Other major global equity indexes finished solidly in the red Thursday as the Bank of England cut its benchmark interest rate by a stunning 1.5 basis points and the European Central Bank eased by 50 basis points at their respective policy meetings Thursday. These moves underscore the severity of the global recession, according to S&P MarketScope.

On the eve of the U.S. Labor Dept.'s eagerly awaited employment report for Octover, scheduled for release at 8:30 a.m. ET Friday, investors fretted about the health of the U.S. labor market. Financial giants Goldman Sachs (GS) and Citigroup (C) indicated they will be cutting about 12,000 jobs. Wall Street bonuses are also expected to be cut sharply. Many on Wall Steet were also awaiting General Motors' (GM) announcement Friday of major cash-savings plans, which could possibly include big layoffs.

Economists see a bleak outcome for Friday's U.S. employment report. Nonfarm payrolls are seen falling 220,000 to 260,000 in October, with the unemployment rate rising to 6.3%.
From business week.

fj1200
11-07-2008, 05:59 PM
In part, yes.

:laugh::laugh:

April15
11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
And today with Gm howling it is going to be in bankruptcy by January the market gets unemployment numbers that are bad and gains 230 or so. Yeah! It's fear of Obamas policies! My ASS.

Nukeman
11-07-2008, 06:46 PM
And today with Gm howling it is going to be in bankruptcy by January the market gets unemployment numbers that are bad and gains 230 or so. Yeah! It's fear of Obamas policies! My ASS.

Uhh hey dipshit last time I cheked he was a "SENATOR" and as such was part of the DEMOCRATIC HELD SENATE AND HOUSE. So they are responsible for the mess as much as Bush and company. Soo yaa dumbass it is his fault.

We have had a democratic house and senate for 2 years now and EVERYTHING has tanked care to explain that away......

April15
11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Uhh hey dipshit last time I cheked he was a "SENATOR" and as such was part of the DEMOCRATIC HELD SENATE AND HOUSE. So they are responsible for the mess as much as Bush and company. Soo yaa dumbass it is his fault.

We have had a democratic house and senate for 2 years now and EVERYTHING has tanked care to explain that away......As this economic downturn started more than four years ago there is really nothing to explain.
Now on to the topic, the markets got very bad news today and despite the fear of Obama being the next president the market rose by 2 hundred some points.

Nukeman
11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
As this economic downturn started more than four years ago there is really nothing to explain.
Now on to the topic, the markets got very bad news today and despite the fear of Obama being the next president the market rose by 2 hundred some points.
Strictly because the vultures came home to roost for some CHEEP stocks. That only makes sense........ If the stocks were not soo cheep than they wouldn't be buying. Rich get richer poor get poorer........

If you have money to spend its a great time to invest!!!!!

Oh if the down turn started 4 years ago why hasn't the democratic held house and senate done anything to help it, you know that place where your boy wonder was working prior to running for president!!!

April15
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Strictly because the vultures came home to roost for some CHEEP stocks. That only makes sense........ If the stocks were not soo cheep than they wouldn't be buying. Rich get richer poor get poorer........

If you have money to spend its a great time to invest!!!!!

Oh if the down turn started 4 years ago why hasn't the democratic held house and senate done anything to help it, you know that place where your boy wonder was working prior to running for president!!!Barack is not a boy he is a well educated man both in college and the school of hard knocks.
As for the down turn; it was just a coupl of weeks ago that Bush even acknowledged that there was a problem with the economy. Prior to that any bill that got past a committee was shot down on the floor. Sorry to inform you that the Shrub and his cohorts are out of touch and dangerous by their lack of knowledge about America.

Nukeman
11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Barack is not a boy he is a well educated man both in college and the school of hard knocks.
As for the down turn; it was just a coupl of weeks ago that Bush even acknowledged that there was a problem with the economy. Prior to that any bill that got past a committee was shot down on the floor. Sorry to inform you that the Shrub and his cohorts are out of touch and dangerous by their lack of knowledge about America.Care to elaborate as to WHO has the majority of the "floor" or did you miss that part

AS for Obama getting his "hard knocks" I have to say it was probably pretty tough at the prestigious PREP SCHOOL he went to in Hawaii or the ivy league college. You have a very odd idea of hard life my friend. Show me a president that grew up dirt poor and fought for EVERYTHING he had or has in life and I will show you some one with true character and self reliance.... As for Obama give me a freaking break he hasn't had a tough life of hard knocks!!!!!!!